Bukayo Saka

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17609316/arsenal-contract-talks-bukayo-saka-man-utd-transfer/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...o-Saka-new-contract-latest-Premier-League-SNT

Two years left on his contract but with Sancho coming into form on the left and the uncertainty over Greenwood could Saka be a good option for us on the right ?

I’d say Saka is definitely the right profile of player and will only get better, he’s very direct and can play on either flank. Obviously Arsenal wouldn’t want to sell but we could offer a wage that would blow anything Arsenal would offer away which could turn his head.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The time was before his last deal. Brilliant player who is Arsenal’s best player in any number of positions.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I never watch Arsenal other than when we play them or sometimes when they play you, Spurs or City. I know he’s highly rated, but what are his main strenghts?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17609316/arsenal-contract-talks-bukayo-saka-man-utd-transfer/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...o-Saka-new-contract-latest-Premier-League-SNT

Two years left on his contract but with Sancho coming into form on the left and the uncertainty over Greenwood could Saka be a good option for us on the right ?

I’d say Saka is definitely the right profile of player and will only get better, he’s very direct and can play on either flank. Obviously Arsenal wouldn’t want to sell but we could offer a wage that would blow anything Arsenal would offer away which could turn his head.
You know we've literally just offered multiple players over 300k a week right?

It won't get to that with Saka, but not sure where this comes from. I imagine we'll tie him down for £120-150k.

Tallis

Would be a nice player to have playing on our right. Can help out from a tactical defensive point of view. But highly skeptical that this can happen.

ShinjiNinja26

This kid seems a bit overrated to me. Granted I don’t watch many Arsenal games but whenever I have seen him play for Arsenal or England I never see anything special that justifies the hype. Good player but that is all.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wonder if Bowen or Saka is better as a RW.

Good thing about Saka is he is also good as a LWB.

Saka is a player I quite enjoy watching.

Bwuk

Sakas ability to play in multiple positions is a huge plus.

Arsenal would want stupid money for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You know we've literally just offered multiple players over 300k a week right?

It won't get to that with Saka, but not sure where this comes from. I imagine we'll tie him down for £120-150k.
Who?
——
Saka’s definitely the cream of the crop in regards to Arsenal’s talents. Definitely agree that the time to sign him (if ever) was last season or so. If I were City I would’ve offered Sterling or Ferran in a swap deal at the time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I still think the lad is a central player. Don't think Arteta will ever give him a run there though so we may never know.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I never watch Arsenal other than when we play them or sometimes when they play you, Spurs or City. I know he’s highly rated, but what are his main strenghts?
Low centre of gravity, tight close control, deceptively strong, decent pace, great acceleration, competent dribbler, fairly two-footed.

But it’s the mental side of the game that really stands out for me.

1) He’s highly versatile and great defensively due to his time as full-back/wing-back.

2) He plays without fear. He came into an Arsenal side in free fall. He’s played in a European Championship final. It all seems the same to him.

3) He’s has genuine confidence in his abilities so he is brave in possession. He plays like Man City wingers (unsurprisingly given Arteta’s influence) so he starts wide and has to take on defences on his own quite often as our RB inverts into a midfield position. Salah, for example, often has TAA bombing down the outside. Our RB, Takehiro, overlaps far less often. That’s part of the reason we’ve kept so many clean sheets - but we can only do that because Saka takes on so much responsibility for our attack down the right.

Plus, this year he’s added end product. In the PL, he’s level with Ronaldo for non-penalty goals, for example.

In short, he’s a manager’s dream.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Low centre of gravity, tight close control, deceptively strong, decent pace, great acceleration, competent dribbler, fairly two-footed.

1) He’s highly versatile and great defensively due to his time as full-back/wing-back.

2) He plays without fear. He came into an Arsenal side in free fall. He’s played in a European Championship final. It all seems the same to him.

3) He’s has genuine confidence in his abilities so he is brave in possession. He plays like Man City wingers (unsurprisingly given Arteta’s influence) so he starts wide and has to take on defences on his own quite often as our RB inverts into a midfield position. Salah, for example, often has TAA bombing down the outside. Our RB, Takehiro, overlaps far less often. That’s part of the reason we’ve kept so many clean sheets - but we can only do that because Saka takes on so much responsibility for our attack down the right.

Plus, this year he’s added end product. In the PL, he’s level with Ronaldo for non-penalty goals, for example.

Cheers. Sounds like you have a gem. Let’s hope for Arsenal and the league’s sake that you’re able to keep him.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Cheers. Sounds like you have a gem. Let’s hope for Arsenal and the league’s sake that you’re able to keep him.
Who knows? May be there is another Luis Diaz available for £37.5m + £12.5m to replace him if he decide to leave. Player comes and goes all the time.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I think we’ve got a two year grace period with our collection of youngish forward players (Saka, Smith-Rowe, Odegaard and Martinelli). But we’ll have to start at least challenging for the top prizes, or they’ll be off.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can see him at Bayern Munich if he were to leave the Gunners.

Abraxas

This seems like a total non starter of a thread. A guy with 2 years on his deal and the article stating he wants to sign on, what exactly are we supposed to be excited about?

Would be an interesting player for our right side to be sure but still...come on.

James Peril

I can see him at Bayern Munich if he were to leave the Gunners.
Really? A guy above you mentioned Man Ciy as well, wow. Saka is a good player with decent output at a club where he is the main guy. He isn’t anywhere neeeear good enough for City or Bayern, not even close. To play for these clubs you need to be something special, have tons of weapons in your arsenal, he just doesn’t have it.

Rossa

Do you really think he's that fast? Looks a little slow to me playing as a winger. Hardly seen him win a foot race, even against slower players. I agree with those saying he might have a career more central. That being said, he looks like a very clever player with a wand of a foot or feet? As you say, he's also deceptively strong and has that low center of gravity and agility.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Really? A guy above you mentioned Man Ciy as well, wow. Saka is a good player with decent output at a club where he is the main guy. He isn’t anywhere neeeear good enough for City or Bayern, not even close. To play for these clubs you need to be something special, have tons of weapons in your arsenal, he just doesn’t have it.
I disagree, there are certainly areas of his game he needs to improve. But he looks quality. Seems to beat the full-back as much as anyone in the league. Could do with scoring a few more mind you.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He's not going to leave Arsenal just now to go to Utd just now guys. Actually, I can't see him going anywhere, he's an Arsenal lad, playing every week, international recognition and he's only 20 years old.

He'll sign an extension, he can then suss out where we are going to be in the next couple of years, and then if we aren't near the top he might want to consider his options then but he has plenty of time and plenty of improvements he can make first.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
If we were the United of RVP move then it could have happened.

Now? Not likely. Liverpool or City perhaps but what would appeal to him at United just now?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Don't think he's going anywhere. Grealish stayed till he was 25, and he was playing in a Chammpionship team. Don't see why Saka would stay for lesser time.

Chief123

He'll be off sooner or later. Won't waste his career at Arsenal despite their fans believing they are back!

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Do you really think he's that fast? Looks a little slow to me playing as a winger. Hardly seen him win a foot race, even against slower players. I agree with those saying he might have a career more central. That being said, he looks like a very clever player with a wand of a foot or feet? As you say, he's also deceptively strong and has that low center of gravity and agility.
No, I don’t think that fast, I would just describe as decent pace. He’s certainly not slow. And when his tricks aren’t working he’s not above kicking the ball past players and running to meet it.

Defenders often “take one for the team” when he’s on the break.You don’t pick up a yellow to take someone down when you think you can catch them.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He'll be off sooner or later. Won't waste his career at Arsenal despite their fans believing they are back!
Man United and Arsenal are pretty even on trophies for the past 5 years, except players make double the wages than Saka in United sitting on the bench.

Deery

Dreary
I think he’s a good player but don’t see many tripping over themselves to sign him either.

Ekeke

Think only Liverpool might not take him and thats because they just signed a forward in Diaz. The chance to get a young England international who has the potential to be good enough for a top team? Most would bite your hand off

Dont think he's much behind Voldemort

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I never see this though. People say this, but never see it on the pitch.
What are you watching then?

My honest assessment is, last season he was better. This season he has always been a solid player, never does anything stupid or loses the ball, and on occasions he really does something great and sets up a chance etc. Whereas last season he was normally a menace all game.

But, if the guy can become better at finishing, he will be top class. He has such amazing ball retention, which is half physical and half mental. He can use both feet. He is relatively quick, not rapid but can escape players fine, can cross and can pass. The biggest thing holding him back is he doesn't look confident in front of goal always.

The fact that he's always double teamed in almost every much speaks volumes. It also leaves a lot of space for others, so even if he's playing averagely, others have more space.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Not sure why this thread is still going. There's no way Saka leaves Arsenal to come to United - both teams are quite similar in terms where they are right now. If he leaves Arsenal it would be to a team challenging to titles.

GazTheLegend

Not sure why this thread is still going. There's no way Saka leaves Arsenal to come to United - both teams are quite similar in terms where they are right now. If he leaves Arsenal it would be to a team challenging to titles.
Agree. I love Saka but frankly he'd be making a sideways move to come to us. It will be City, Munich or Madrid if it's anywhere at all. But he will stay at Arsenal and get big bucks anyway.

I'd still be in for him to see if we could prise him away but he'd want huge money - that said, making arsenal pay the huge money instead would be a win in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.