Bundesliga 19/20

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I feel we can play on for two more days without turning this around :houllier:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Saw a bit of the Schalke last night. Weren't great but got the late win. They're only 3 points off the top now. What's the view on David Wagner in Germany, future NT manager?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What's the view on David Wagner in Germany?
Traitor!
To be serious: His football seems interesting. My fear as a BVB fan is, that he lifts the mediocre squad of Schalke and that they will have a honeymoon there. While in the meantime we struggle with a outdated Favre who is out of his depth and doesn't make any progress with our great squad.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I guess you mean match ;)
Haha I meant that today he's been a shadow of how he's been this season, which is great :D

How did Leverkusen win that. Just plain unlucky for Bayern, another day they would've won 5-3 given that Leverkusen also missed a couple of great chances. Awesome, enthralling match though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting Leon Bailey scored twice. Remember him being hyped up massively about two years ago on here. No idea if he's dipped or not. Guess he's the sort West Ham will sign for about 40m.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Saw a bit of the Schalke last night. Weren't great but got the late win. They're only 3 points off the top now. What's the view on David Wagner in Germany, future NT manager?
He/they are flying a bit under radar at the moment, since there are so many narratives in Bundesliga this season (e.g. Bayern/Dortmund crisis, Rose at Gladbach, Nagelsmann at Leipzig, Freiburg doing exceptionally well by their standards, Union grabbing a lot of points early on and several struggling clubs).

I think results-wise he's getting the most out of a fairly mediocre squad. They seem to be playing some pretty solid football, but Weinzierl, Tedesco, Heldt and Heidel - just to name a few - have taken their toll and now they have to work really hard to get back into top 4.

arthurka

Kloppo is a shoe in for the job, when he leaves Liverpool.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Kloppo is a shoe in for the job, when he leaves Liverpool.
Maybe if he spends another decade at Liverpool. Can see him at Bayern Munich before he does NT gig (not sure he's the sort of character who'd cope with months between fixtures personally) or even an emotional homecoming to Dortmund.

ctp

Maybe if he spends another decade at Liverpool. Can see him at Bayern Munich before he does NT gig (not sure he's the sort of character who'd cope with months between fixtures personally) or even an emotional homecoming to Dortmund.
I don't think he'd do it long term. His contract with Liverpool is up in '22 and we have our home Euros in '24, so it would be great to have him take over the national team for two years. Afterwards he can go back to club football.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Today: Bayern's probably most difficult and certainly highest stake match of the season so far, away at Gladbach. At the very least I expect it to be a cracking match just like the one against Leverkusen was last week, hopefully with better luck for our finishing. ;)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Why’s Dortmund playing in black shirts, can’t even see the sponsor logo? Like the shirts actually.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I mean it's just Düsseldorf at home and not everything is perfect, but Dortmund look like they sacked Favre already (in a good way).

High intensity, lots of movement, 74% possession, 95% pass acc, some beautiful 1-touch combinations. Against Berlin it was hard to tell, because of the early red card for Hummels, but it looks like switching to a 343 and moving Brandt back to CM might have done the trick for Favre. He's pulling the strings and Reus seems to be loving the quick passing as well, having one of his best games in months.

I haven't see this much cohesion and resilience against pressure in a long time.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Beautiful goal, Perisic finished artistically after Müllers cross.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
1-1 after corner. Was to be expected that our conversion would come back to haunt us.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Why’s Dortmund playing in black shirts, can’t even see the sponsor logo? Like the shirts actually.
Okay answering my own question: It''s the 110 anniversary of the club next week so they're commemorating the coal and steel roots of the city by wearing the all black kit.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Okay answering my own question: It''s the 110 anniversary of the club next week so they're commemorating the coal and steel roots of the city by wearing the all black kit.
Bottom line: it's a Christmas jersey to sell some more.

rollingstoned1

Gladbach look destined to not lose today. Unreal defending plus wasteful finishing and possession plus luck.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
7 points on Bayern, 5 points on Dortmund. Not exactly decisive at this point, but it's a big step for Gladbach to be a genuine title contender this season.

Bundesliga has been great this season, long may it continue
It's more a case of Bayern and Dortmund being weak. The former already sacked their coach, the other came within an inch.