Bundesliga 19/20

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why? Would it help them to beat you lot next game?If you win then I say the title is pretty much over.
They are young inexperienced and are still in 3 competitions. They face Spurs and Bayern soon. I don't think they have the quality depth to compete at all level. Pokal might be the least desired

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The break seem to have done Leipzig no good. I thought they would knock Spurs out when we got the draws.
Now I would hold Spurs as favorites even though it will be close.

Hoped for someone other than Bayern to win it, but can't see it anymore.
It has become increasingly obvious that Leipzig struggle to dominate and break down teams. They rely a lot on counter attacks and brute force. Now that injuries has turned their defense from fairly reliable into a bit of a question mark I don't even see the tactical matchup in their their favour. If they continue like this they will play right into Mourinho's cards. Experience might also be a factor.

They are of course still talented enough that I would never write them off against a team that hasn't been in too dominate shape either, but I'm expecting Spurs to beat them at this point.

Dortmund are the only team in the league who have a chance of keeping pace with Bayern, but as Bayern are usually more consistent and already have a three point cushion I think the title odds are something like 80% Bayern, 15% Dortmund, 5% rest, if you want to see someone else win the league you probably have to "hope" for some injuries hampering Bayern's still somewhat thin squad in key areas (Lewandowski).

They are young inexperienced and are still in 3 competitions. They face Spurs and Bayern soon. I don't think they have the quality depth to compete at all level. Pokal might be the least desired
The cup is their only truly realistic shot at a title, the first one in their club's rich history. I don't think they'll just pass on that, especially not someone as driven as Nagelsmann. This year they are competitive, who knows what happens next season, whether they'll be able to challenge again after their rebuild.

Last edited:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kostic the Leipzig killer seals it

3-1

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Serious lineup from Dortmund, still expect Bremen to "surprise" as they have nothing to lose and can finally play a game without an abyss behind their backs.

Paul_Scholes18

Sure, but I do not think they will win the league. You lot will win it again. They will get top 4 though.
They are not going to win CL either so a trophy could do them good.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This goal was proudly presented by Brandt and Hakimi.

Paul_Scholes18

It has become increasingly obvious that Leipzig struggle to dominate and break down teams. They rely a lot on counter attacks and brute force. Now that injuries has turned their defense from fairly reliable into a bit of a question mark I don't even see the tactical matchup in their their favour. If they continue like this they will play right into Mourinho's cards. Experience might also be a factor.

They are of course still talented enough that I would never write them off against a team that hasn't been in too dominate shape either, but I'm expecting Spurs to beat them at this point.

Dortmund are the only team in the league who have a chance of keeping pace with Bayern, but as Bayern are usually more consistent and already have a three point cushion I think the title odds are something like 80% Bayern, 15% Dortmund, 5% rest, if you want to see someone else win the league you probably have to "hope" for some injuries hampering Bayern's still somewhat thin squad in key areas (Lewandowski).

The cup is their only truly realistic shot at a title, the first one in their club's rich history. I don't think they'll just pass on that, especially not someone as driven as Nagelsmann. This year they are competitive, who knows what happens next season, whether they'll be able to challenge again after their rebuild.
I don't rate that Dortmund defense at all though. I don't watch them a lot, but seen them being destroyed against Bayern and Barca this year.
The attack is great. Haalands 7 goals so far is insane and Sancho/Reus/Hazard are all class.

Dortmund vs PSG might be the most fun CL game to watch. Could be PSG destruction, but I think there will be many goals in both directions.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't rate that Dortmund defense at all though. I don't watch them a lot, but seen them being destroyed against Bayern and Barca this year.
The attack is great. Haalands 7 goals so far is insane and Sancho/Reus/Hazard are all class.

Dortmund vs PSG might be the most fun CL game to watch. Could be PSG destruction, but I think there will be many goals in both directions.
Dortmund's defense is indeed sloppy and will probably make them drop off behind Bayern at some point, but after switching to their 343 and signing Haaland, there is a chance that they can offset that with their attacking firepower. It's true that they were utterly out of their depth against Barca and Bayern away, which is also why I don't see much of a chance against PSG. However the other side of the coin is that they are facing Bayern at home now and that's a completely different story for Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
fecking Bittencourt :lol:

If we factor in Haaland the score is basically level now.

Paul_Scholes18

Dortmund's defense is indeed sloppy and will probably make them drop off behind Bayern at some point, but after switching to their 343 and signing Haaland, there is a chance that they can offset that with their attacking firepower. It's true that they were utterly out of their depth against Barca and Bayern away, which is also why I don't see much of a chance against PSG. However the other side of the coin is that they are facing Bayern at home now and that's a completely different story for Dortmund.
Yeah they have been scoring a lot and even more since they got Haaland. Certainly worth watching.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Dortmund still lacks mentality. Even against a relegation side like Bremen. If its a serious game, like a Pokal game, they are so nervous its a shame. Again: i blame Favre for that.
Notes: I hate Akanji. Please ship him to the PL and cash him in (he once claimed that its his dream, so make it come true). I hate Hakimis defensive sloppyness.
If we loose this, i hope its a warning sign for the team so that they get their shit together. We also would have less games and could focus more on the Bundesliga and the CL.
But how ever that game ends: it shows again some weaknesses Dortmund still has and that the first 3 games in the Rückrunde mean nothing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is that Claudio Reyna's son? Supersub
Yeah. He's being eased into the senior squad since the winter break. Basically the 5th man in Dortmund's 3man attack, after Haaland, Reus, Hazard and Sancho.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Dortmund still lacks mentality. Even against a relegation side like Bremen. If its a serious game, like a Pokal game, they are so nervous its a shame. Again: i blame Favre for that.
Notes: I hate Akanji. Please ship him to the PL and cash him in (he once claimed that its his dream, so make it come true). I hate Hakimis defensive sloppyness.
If we loose this, i hope its a warning sign for the team so that they get their shit together. We also would have less games and could focus more on the Bundesliga and the CL.
But how ever that game ends: it shows again some weaknesses Dortmund still has and that the first 3 games in the Rückrunde mean nothing.
Have been saying this for 6 months now. Akanji has been utter shite this season and Hakimi shouldn't be anywhere near defense.

Disappointing, Dortmund have themselves to blame. So many chances to atleast get a draw but they scuffed all of them, that touch from Sancho was criminal.

Brandt was brilliant yet again, created so much in the second half.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Yes, Brandt was the best player for Dortmund i guess.
Hitz lacks quality for a team like Dortmund. Bittencourt on the other side with probably the best performance of his life :lol:
Reyna is a great prospect. Only 17 years old, but his goal was pure quality.

Considering also the other matches you again have to admit, that if you like football, you have to love the DFB-Pokal. Intense great matches, great atmosphere.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Fun match between Bayern and Hoffenheim in the cup right now. 2-1 after 25 minutes and one own goal each.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Paderborn have to be one of the most tragic relegations. They play with so much courage, cause basically every opponent a headache, but in the end their squad will be just that little bit too weak to make it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Can with his first start for Dortmund. A bit surprisingly in midfield, with Brandt probably moving up into Reus' role. Or perhaps we're going to see more of a 3-5-2 - Favre never played with another CM since switching to a back 3.

On the other side Tapsoba is making his debut for Leverkusen. A big game to make your first steps, Amiri/Bender midfield looks VERY weak as well, but Dortmund trying to be dominant might help them a bit there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to be a fun game this, 1-1.

Thought Dortmund getting in Emre Can would make them more solid centrally but yet again one long ball beats them and Volland scored.