Bundesliga 19/20

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hopp can feck off. Excellent by the Bayern Ultras. Long may it continue! How about freedom of speech!? Weichei Hopp!
Only thing missing is someone saying billionaires are a bigger minority than persons of colour.

Anduin

0:6 and another interruption because the bayern fans are showing banners about Hopp. Not sure what to make of that. The league has to find a way to deal with this, that doesn't involve multiple breaks during the game.
How about ignoring it? It will disappear after a while anyway, it was the same with Mateschitz in Austria years ago. Hopp is doing his best to keep this alive, so feck him. He has probably bought half the Bundesliga officials, this and the small break at the Dortmund game today after a couple of Hurensöhne chants is a complete and utter joke.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What a farce.
It's so disgusting. Watch Hoffenheim's fans use "hurensohn" against Werner and Dortmund the next time they meet. All those morally outstanding people who cried crocodile tears today won't utter a word about it.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Right, but won't the likes of Bayern be able to get the mega sponsorship deals and other won't? Actually sounds like United but a lot better run.
The narrative is that Hoffenheim and Leipzig (and Wolfsburg to extent) don't have any tradition and any fans and are everything that's wrong with modern football. But as you mentioned we don't have a level playing field to begin with so it's a flawed argument to me.

Pagh Wraith

Buschmann going on about deeper societal issues and indirectly referring to the racist terror attack recently was great television as well.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The narrative is that Hoffenheim and Leipzig (and Wolfsburg to extent) don't have any tradition and any fans and are everything that's wrong with modern football. But as you mentioned we don't have a level playing field to begin with so it's a flawed argument to me.
Like Manchester City and PSG, but without the trophies?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Like most leagues. So Bayern will just win the league for eternity?
I mean what's your point? Outside of US leagues it's basically the same everywhere. Bundesliga just has a rule against private ownership/control.

Pagh Wraith

Well, I've changed my mind. This is great stuff. Loddar now sharing his inner feelings. Thoughts and prayers.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's so disgusting. Watch Hoffenheim's fans use "hurensohn" against Werner and Dortmund the next time they meet.
Everything about this is stupid, it's like an embarassing nightmare.

The DFB is stupid for handling it this way. If they'd crack down half as much on racists/"Hurensöhne"-chants in general...
The Fans are stupid for putting the banner up in the first place... and then doing it again.
Hopp is stupid.
Football is stupid.

On the plus side, Bayern played 70 minutes of near perfect football. Yay!

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Like Manchester City and PSG, but without the trophies?
The difference is that every other team in the PL could do what City does. German teams are not allowed to do what Hoffenheim/Leipzig/Wolfsburg do, they're using loopholes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Remember when Tönnies said something deeply racist and Sky and the DFB took swift and decisive action.

Blackwidow

Hopp is a billionaire, yes, one that spent a big chunk of his money for social projects in the area around Hoffenheim! Oh yes, and he put money in his home football club, too.
A 79 old man and human!

Does not give the right to nobody to single him out like this!

What do so called football fan still accept? Next one of the psychopaths thinks it would be nice to punch him and they still would applaud?

Yes, there still can be more done in other aspects, too - but we have to see what happens in the country, too!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is utterly bizarre watching this.

Hopp on the pitch now. Hope he's giving a speech. Coutinho looks mystified. Probably thinks the old bloke with the grey hair must be the new pope.
:lol:

From what I understand of the situation, it seems very silly. Can you imagine us stopping the match because the fans called Ed Woodward a cnut or Newcastle or even Arsenal doing similar things with regards to their owners? I'd rather those fans who went to Ed's house unveiled a banner calling him a cnut instead of doing what they did.

The problem is, now Bayern and Hoffenheim have set a precedent. If either of those two are playing when there's racist chanting from the crowd then they are going to look massively stupid.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hopp is a billionaire, yes, one that spent a big chunk of his money for social projects in the area around Hoffenheim! Oh yes, and he put money in his home football club, too.
A 79 old man and human!

What do so called football fan still accept? Next one of the psychopaths thinks it would be nice to punch him and they still would applaud?

Yes, there still can be more done in other aspects, too - but we have to see what happens in the country, too!
Tönnies is a billionaire too, this isn't about Hopp being rich. It's about DFB giving him special protection, seemingly because of it. No one really cared when Werner got singled out like this.

Anduin

A 79 old man and human!

This is football on the continent man, has always been like that, will always be like that. You buy your way up without sticking to the rules? Well, do it, but be sure the Ultras won’t forget that.

The guy could have simply ignored it like Mateschitz does since 2005, those chants will disappear anyway. He is actually the one making it worse, as it’s obvious he has consulted officials to add to this farce. Typical billionaire, I couldn’t give a damn about his charity projects, people like him are slowly killing the game.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This is football on the continent man, has always been like that, will always be like that. You buy your way up without sticking to the rules? Well, do it, but be sure the Ultras won’t forget that.

The guy could have simply ignored it like Mateschitz does since 2005, those chants will disappear anyway. He is actually the one making it worse, as it’s obvious he has consulted officials to add to this farce. Typical billionaire, I couldn’t give a damn about his charity projects, people like him are slowly killing the game.
Yeah, clubs like Hoffenheim and Leipzig are killing the game. What bullshit. They've done more good for German football than many of the so called traditional clubs. Thing is, the ultras and co think just because a club has been there from the start it has some kind of right to remain there forever, even if you're doing a shitty job.

And even if those clubs did kill the game, Hopp has done more good to the society than all of those assholes combined.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The problem is, now Bayern and Hoffenheim have set a precedent. If either of those two are playing when there's racist chanting from the crowd then they are going to look massively stupid.
Not the players have set the precedent. The ref/league/FA have in allowing a billionaire owner to be better protected than the recipients of racist or sexist abuse.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
A 79 old man and human!

Uli, is that you?

NYAS

That’s all this was? You can’t be serious?

I saw this on TV a few minutes ago but didn’t know why it was happening; I assumed it was something to do with racism but I’ve come on here to find that all happened because an owner was called a son of a whore?

What a joke.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That’s all this was? You can’t be serious?

I saw this on TV a few minutes ago but didn’t know why it was happening; I assumed it was something to do with racism but I’ve come on here to find that all happened because an owner was called a son of a whore?

What a joke.
Everyone is literally using the language and outrage one would hope to see used as a reaction to racism, but that never actually happens.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Hopp can feck off. Excellent by the Bayern Ultras. Long may it continue! How about freedom of speech!? Weichei Hopp!
The point of the protest were two things:

- the insults against Hopp made by the BVB supporters were deemed to be prosecutable, that's why the DFB reacted with the stadium ban for *all* BVB supporters
- This amounts to a collective punishment, something the DFB had explicitly promised not to do

The motive of the Bayern Ultras can be considered justifiable - the DFB needs to stand by his word, and it was not the first time the DFB promised to do one thing then did the other. The *means* (repeating those prosecutable personal insults) was braindead. What did they expect would happen?
They could have found a more original way of expressing their protest and putting pressure on the DFB. Now they are the bad guys and the nitwits in their suits can keep on being self-righteous. The pressure on the DFB has not been increased, but taken off.

Anduin

The point of the protest were two things:

- the insults against Hopp made by the BVB supporters were deemed to be prosecutable, that's why the DFB reacted with the stadium ban for *all* BVB supporters
- This amounts to a collective punishment, something the DFB had explicitly promised not to do

The motive of the Bayern Ultras can be considered justifiable - the DFB needs to stand by his word, and it was not the first time the DFB promised to do one thing then did the other. The *means* (repeating those prosecutable personal insults) was braindead. What did they expect would happen?
They could have found a more original way of expressing their protest and putting pressure on the DFB. Now they are the bad guys and the nitwits in their suits can keep on being self-righteous. The pressure on the DFB has not been increased, but taken off.
I have been following this closely, thanks for the info regardless ;-) you know as well as me that the Ultra scenes don’t give a damn about being the bad guys... I expect this to continue for a while in one way or another.

HarlanEiffler

This is utterly embarrassing by the League, sky and Bayern and Hoffenheim. The line is drawn when a billionaire is insulted, while racism, sexism and homophobia went unpunished and unrecognised. Feck this farce.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Why do people portray this as being only about a few chants? That's either uninformed or a bit disingenuous.

I'm pretty sure if Timo Werner would actually be targeted in the same way as Hopp (banners with his head in crosshairs, banners (not chants) calling him a son of a whore & directly insulting his mother; throughout the BL for several years), the DFB would act as well at some point. And players would certainly speak out for him & show some symbolic acts of solidarity.

Last edited:

Stadjer

It is kind of weird/funny that it should be allowed that the owner is being called a whoreson because it is in a football stadium.

If you do it anywhere else the police would come over to atleast talk to you but because it is in a football stadium it should be ignored and the players should keep playing football :lol: