Bundesliga 19/20

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Do Bayern fans celebrate the title anymore? I remember I barely celebrated our third in a row.
Obviously not like the first or a back-to-back, but to come from behind after sacking Kovac while playing good to great football is wonderful to watch.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Isn’t the formula for top 3 Messi, Ronaldo and someone from the CL/WC winner?
Make no mistake, Lewandowski deserves it IMHO, but it’s more a marketing/vanity competition.
Unfortunaly it is. Should be him though. By some margin I think. Will he win it if Bayern wins the CL?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hell of a case of Nikopolidis syndrome on Bartels.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bayern spending pretty much whole of injury time whacking ball against Bremen players for endless corners. :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I actually don't think it is too bad usually. It helps if you don't get caught up in page long discussions with singular members with questionable discussion skills :lol:

Touché. Yet it feels like the "it's easy to score in the Bundesliga, all defenders are frauds" camp grows every day.

Blackwidow

Bayern spending pretty much whole of injury time whacking ball against Bremen players for endless corners. :lol:
Do not see that often, but actually they are a master even in that! It is more an underdog skill.

They even needed that in the last match of the treble season when after a 3 goal lead Stuttgart came two goals back...

Did not recognize it was Bittencourt that Davies kicked but now I understand that better. He is that kind of dirty little player that always gets his opponent mad - but not because of his skills. Not that this excuses anything - Davies has to learn to keep calm.

The special on this championship are the stories behind it. The media that in summer and autumn talked down the players. Kovacs end and the resurrection of the team and the main players with Flick who makes them play in a way that matches to their strengths.

I even think that the break before the CL could even be an advantage when you see how tired the players have seemed the recent three matches. It will not be differently in the other leagues who even have tighter schedules. Bayern managed the comeback after Corona very well and will use that experience for the preparation for the CL tournament.

Last edited:

Jaxa

Surely it's extremely unhealthy and not a good look for the Bundesliga that Bayern have won the title 8 times in a row now, mental for what's supposed to be one of the "top leagues", i am not trying to bash Bayern fans nor regular viewers of the league but come on, thats a really big issue that no others teams can even get close to munich,

Even in our prime when we were winning 3 seasons in succession it was still usually very tight for most years apart from the odd landslide, and yes this year the dippers are 20+ points in front of second, but thats an anomaly,

We can laugh at the french league for "being a bunch of famers" but the bundesliga is not much better, I can't help feel that when players sign for Munich they want an easy ride, guaranteed UCL and a guaranteed medal, which you can't blame them really but it does questions there mentality to play at the highest level, which as biased as my opinion is is the premier league.

Blackwidow

We can laugh at the french league for "being a bunch of famers" but the bundesliga is not much better, I can't help feel that when players sign for Munich they want an easy ride, guaranteed UCL and a guaranteed medal, which you can't blame them really but it does questions there mentality to play at the highest level, which as biased as my opinion is is the premier league.
It is no easy ride to get into that Bayern team. If your quality and especially your mentality is not right you just do not make it - even if you might grab one or two medals at the time you play for Bayern until you leave again...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Surely it's extremely unhealthy and not a good look for the Bundesliga that Bayern have won the title 8 times in a row now, mental for what's supposed to be one of the "top leagues", i am not trying to bash Bayern fans nor regular viewers of the league but come on, thats a really big issue that no others teams can even get close to munich,

Even in our prime when we were winning 3 seasons in succession it was still usually very tight for most years apart from the odd landslide, and yes this year the dippers are 20+ points in front of second, but thats an anomaly,

Unfortunately, it seems every league is becoming like that. 3 of the 5 top leagues have one super dominant team that won 7+ in a row and the last league has two teams competing for the title. And in the last remaining league, the EPL, Liverpool completely dominated the whole season, achieving a higher points total than every other team in a top league ever.

We really need something to enable competitors to catch up. You can't mamage a football club much better than Dortmund was managed since Klopp, yet they're still lightyears away from Bayern. Salary cap, more even distribution of TV money, don't know, but something has to happen or it just continues like that. Even a European league won't change anything since eventually, there will still be one or two teams establishing themselves at the very top. That's the natural process without regulation.

Jaxa

It is no easy ride to get into that Bayern team. If your quality and especially your mentality is not right you just do not make it - even if you might grab one or two medals at the time you play for Bayern until you leave again...
Sorry maybe my point wasn't portrayed properly,

Bayern are a quality team, I do not dispute that, of course you have to be a very good footballer to play for them, however, you know when you join Bayern, you are pretty much guaranteed a league medal and UCL football and there's no real challenge in the league bar your two games vs Dortmund each season and even that is hardly a competition for bayern these days,

My point who more aimed at the league in general and it desperately needs a revamp, new ideas and new changes. The league is well suited to keep Bayern on top for many more seasons to come and that's where the issue lies

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sorry maybe my point wasn't portrayed properly,

Bayern are a quality team, I do not dispute that, of course you have to be a very good footballer to play for them, however, you know when you join Bayern, you are pretty much guaranteed a league medal and UCL football and there's no real challenge in the league bar your two games vs Dortmund each season and even that is hardly a competition for bayern these days,

My point who more aimed at the league in general and it desperately needs a revamp, new ideas and new changes. The league is well suited to keep Bayern on top for many more seasons to come and that's where the issue lies
Bayern is richer than other clubs Thus Bayern is able to keep their top players and buy more(e.g Sane), While their rivals lose theirs, Leipzig already lost their best player in Werner to Chelsea for next season, Dortmund is almost certain to lose Sancho to Man Utd, Harvetz is being linked to Madrid and Chelsea. So the work of Bayern gets even easier next when their rivals are weaker and they get stronger.

Its the same way Man Utd is richer than other EPL clubs, The only difference is the odd private money that stops Man Utd from dominating, the type of private money that boosted Blackburn, Chelsea and Citeh
Without that Walker, Roman and Etihad money, the league will basically be between Man Utd and Arsenal. You can imagine the direction that would have gone in the EPL era last 28yrs Probably Man Utd wins 21, Arsenal 4 and the odd Liverpool/Leicester win 3.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Playing like a relegation team, lining up like a promoted team. Seems like Schalke are approaching their equilibrium.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow. Leipzeg up 2-0 with 3 minutes left and they again give it up. Drawing at home again, how many times in a row?! Insane incapability to finish off games.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Dortmund losing at home to Mainz, Leipzig drawing at home with Düsseldorf. That's not how you win the league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Not only terrible, but historically so. They probably got a few more points in the first half of the season than they deserved, but the way they imploded is just incredible.
I mean you only have to look at today's lineup. They are at a point where they roll out the academy players, because they can't do any worse than the senior players. Nübel has a mistake almost every game, Schöpf is a glorified 2nd division player, their fullbacks are loanees and at least Miranda shouldn't start for a Buli Team.
This might be the time where they finally have to pay the bill for their years and year of mismanagement. There doesn't seem to be any Draxler, Neuer or Sane around the corner to bail them out. Kabak is the only genuinely good player they have and he's "only" a cb and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a release clause either.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Dortmund losing at home to Mainz, Leipzig drawing at home with Düsseldorf. That's not how you win the league.
The other clubs don't give everything in every match and that is the reason why Bayern Munich are champions since 2013.
Wow. Leipzeg up 2-0 with 3 minutes left and they again give it up. Drawing at home again, how many times in a row?! Insane incapability to finish off games.
Should Dortmund beat them on the weekend then their CL place is really in danger.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
2.Bundesliga
A play-off tie Bremen vs Hamburg would be great (Without fans of course not so much) but Hamburg's story will probably be that they will lose against Heidenheim on the weekend.

3.Bundesliga
That the league leader only has 57 points after 33 games is already poor quality but it's totally pathetic that the club on the 1st place is Bayern Munich II.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
3.Bundesliga
That the league leader only has 57 points after 33 games is already poor quality but it's totally pathetic that the club on the 1st place is Bayern Munich II.
At least Bayern II cannot be promoted. :lol:

Pep's Suit

Terrible league. Minus Bayern and Dortmund I don't see much difference between this and Eredivisie. When I look at players' stats I just think 1 goal or 1 assist counts as 0.5 in PL.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
By not making such blunders throughout the whole season ;)
In 2020, before yesterday, Dortmund had dropped 6 points in 14 matches. Still lost 4 points on Bayern during that period. In the end Bayern will probably finish the season at or above Dortmund's all time record points total.