Bundesliga 19/20

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Bayern 0:1 Mainz right now. Bayern are more and more disappointing, i mean, Neuer even didn't raised his arm.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kovac playing a Thiago, Kimmich, Coutinho midfield :eek:

too bad that means Pavard at RB I guess.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern 0:1 Mainz right now. Bayern are more and more disappointing, i mean, Neuer even didn't raised his arm.
Bayern opponent scores = mica comes out of his hole
Bayern go on winning 6-1 = silence

:lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund yet again going down 0-1 early, yet again conceding from a dead ball, yet again with a quick response, yet again Paco scoring.

Hummels' passing has been incredibly sharp, playing accurate 30 meter passes with the outside of his boots like it's nothing, he's already a big improvement, at least in attack.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Bayern opponent scores = mica comes out of his hole
Bayern go on winning 6-1 = silence

:lol:
It was clear from the beginning how this would end. Didn't know that jokes about Neuer's famous arm make you so angry.

Union vs. BVB now:
Union are such a lovely club. And it seems that BVB needs an asskick to start playing, just like the last matchday.

Last edited:

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Our defence is a mess today. Build up play is good, it only lacks some precision in the end. Brandt is a great transfer, its obvious. But Hazard is only mediocre, don't know why they bought him.
Attacking is ok, but you can't win even against a relegation club like Union with this kind of defence.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Union 3:1 Dortmund right now. Dortmund are more and more disappointing, i mean, Reus even didn't try to get a penalty.

izec

Our defence is a mess today. Build up play is good, it only lacks some precision in the end. Brandt is a great transfer, its obvious. But Hazard is only mediocre, don't know why they bought him.
Attacking is ok, but you can't win even against a relegation club like Union with this kind of defence.
Hazard started slow last year as well, but yes, generally Brandt is the much better player. He is a joy

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
With this kind of perfomance no one in the club should take the word "Meisterschaft" in their mouth. For the defence there is no words, and the most frightning thing: the mentality. Taking Hummels and Co for a kind of mind-set in the team..this plan seems to not working, at least today.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I said it before, this is Leipzeg year with Nageslmann there.

Dortmund haven't looked good in any of their matches thus far, Bayern as well have been hot and cold.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I find it hard to explain such a game:
Dortmund got into the critical spaces, even played a couple of promising counter attacks, but in the end the final passes/crosses didn't connect and the way Alcacer messed up his second biggest chance of the evening kind of says it all. It's sort of a similar story in defense, with Union just being a step ahead during critical moments, especially for the first and third goal. Akanji especially with a weak individual game and sadly not the first one.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I said it before, this is Leipzeg year with Nageslmann there.

Dortmund haven't looked good in any of their matches thus far, Bayern as well have been hot and cold.
"hot and cold" after 3 matches... we drew the first match because Hertha fluked two goals, the last two were then business as usual and we've been very consistent since the autumn crisis last year.
And Leipzig's year? Come on people, be realistic. They don't have the quality for that and especially not the squad depth which will be obvious once the CL starts and they play decent opposition in the leauge too (they had an easy start so far). Maybe they can take the 2nd place from Dortmund if the BVB plays like in the 2nd half of last season but no way that Leipzig is going to challenge us in the long run.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
"hot and cold" after 3 matches... we drew the first match because Hertha fluked two goals, the last two were then business as usual and we've been very consistent since the autumn crisis last year.
And Leipzig's year? Come on people, be realistic. They don't have the quality for that and especially not the squad depth which will be obvious once the CL starts and they play decent opposition in the leauge too (they had an easy start so far). Maybe they can take the 2nd place from Dortmund if the BVB plays like in the 2nd half of last season but no way that Leipzig is going to challenge us in the long run.
Have you forgotten how Bayern scored their second goal against Hertha? How soft the free kick was that brought them the 2:0 against Schalke? About the hand ball situations in the same game? If today's game is anything to go by then Dortmund obviously won't be able to mount a particularly convincing title challenge, but I think it's way too early to remove all the question marks around Bayern.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I find it hard to explain such a game:
Dortmund got into the critical spaces, even played a couple of promising counter attacks, but in the end the final passes/crosses didn't connect and the way Alcacer messed up his second biggest chance of the evening kind of says it all. It's sort of a similar story in defense, with Union just being a step ahead during critical moments, especially for the first and third goal. Akanji especially with a weak individual game and sadly not the first one.
Came to write all of this; precision let Dortmund down in the final third, the movement wasn't bad as such in the first half. Plus some costly blunders at the back, and parts of the 2nd half were amazingly bad in possession, even basic passing didn't work. Deserved loss.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I have already said it last season that Dortmund have no chance to win the league under Favre.

Can a Dortmund fan explain to me why Hakimi has played as left-back (I know he can play there too) and the real left-backs Schulz, Schmelzer & Guerreiro were on the bench?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have already said it last season that Dortmund have no chance to win the league under Favre.

Can a Dortmund fan explain to me why Hakimi has played as left-back (I know he can play there too) and the real left-backs Schulz, Schmelzer & Guerreiro were on the bench?
Schmelzer isn't good enough to start anymore, especially with Piszczek on the other side. Guerreiro just came back from an injury, isn't really a left back and doesn't really provide better defensiv cover than Hakimi.
I guess he chose Hakimi over Schulz because Schulz struggled against Cologne and Hakimi did much better when he replaced him.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Schmelzer isn't good enough to start anymore, especially with Piszczek on the other side. Guerreiro just came back from an injury, isn't really a left back and doesn't really provide better defensiv cover than Hakimi.
I guess he chose Hakimi over Schulz because Schulz struggled against Cologne and Hakimi did much better when he replaced him.
Thanks

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Have you forgotten how Bayern scored their second goal against Hertha? How soft the free kick was that brought them the 2:0 against Schalke? About the hand ball situations in the same game? If today's game is anything to go by then Dortmund obviously won't be able to mount a particularly convincing title challenge, but I think it's way too early to remove all the question marks around Bayern.
Yeah I get it, with Bayern it's always luck etc. and anytime Dortmund drops it's just bad luck, the weather, the referee or whatever. We simply aren't "hot or cold", we are only just a very pragmatic/straighforward team under Kovac so far which is pretty much the opposite. It's a lot of solid 6-7/10 performances and very few outstanding or really terrible ones.
I'm really too tired to argue this again and it doesn't change anything about what I wrote. RBL is not going to challenge us (or Dortmund) if we play a normal season because another season of solid performances will be once again enough.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It was clear from the beginning how this would end. Didn't know that jokes about Neuer's famous arm make you so angry.
You confuse being amused with being angry.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leipzeg's squad is actually very impressive this season, I think they have multiple good to decent players covering all positions. I can't see one position where they don't have adequate cover, their recruitment has been impressive. You should also add the Nageslmann factor as he can lift the squad to play better.

What's honestly impressing me more is the overall improvement in individual performances thus far, their first XI has been playing high quality football. And I don't accept that they've had easy fixtures thus far, they have played 2 away matches, one to Union Berlin and the other to Gladbach, hardly easy fixtures and their home match was against Frankfurt. The next match is against Bayern, after the international break, so we'l get a good idea from that as well.

I hope they continue this form though. Would love to see Klostermann, Halstenberg and Werner continue to play well, it will really help the German NT in key positions we've struggled in.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
People always getting carried away with the first games of a season. I remember how some people wrote that FC Cologne could challenge for the title/CL spots in their europa league qualification season. :lol:

RB won't challenge Bayern for the title, even if they win a few more games in a row now. Dortmund can if they get their shit together. If not, RB could challenge their 2nd spot.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Nagelsmann improved Hoffenheim by more than 10 points per season. He is going to do the same with Leipzig. I think they'll finish with 70+ points. If things go well, they'll get close to 80.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Frankfurt lose Ante Rebic to AC Milan, but get Andre Silva in return, both on two year loans.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Nagelsmann improved Hoffenheim by more than 10 points per season. He is going to do the same with Leipzig. I think they'll finish with 70+ points. If things go well, they'll get close to 80.
Lets see if they can do 60 first.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Look all the money we got in the account, what about the sporting and competitive side of things? When are we going to be a force back in the CL

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Look all the money we got in the account, what about the sporting and competitive side of things? When are we going to be a force back in the CL
To be fair, the CL season has not started yet and sadly I have to say you don't seem to be as shit as some might have hoped :lol:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
We are top 3-4 in turnover, Are we top 5 in competitiveness or potential winners of this years CL trophy?

Blackwidow

We are top 3-4 in turnover, Are we top 5 in competitiveness or potential winners of this years CL trophy?
Apart from Liverpool and Manchester City I do not see any team that does not have big issues. And City will outcontroll itself out of the CL again somewhen.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
#7 for the bookies in regard to the CL.
City, Barca, Pool, Real, Juve, PSG, Bayern

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
You need a new manager.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Saturday with two of the hottest matches of the first half of the season, BVB-Leverkusen and Leipzig-Bayern; 5th vs 4th and 1st vs 2nd. Can't wait

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Saturday with two of the hottest matches of the first half of the season, BVB-Leverkusen and Leipzig-Bayern; 5th vs 4th and 1st vs 2nd. Can't wait
Leipzeg v Bayern is going to be a real test for both teams. I'm picking Leipzeg for the title so if they beat Bayern it will go a long way to showing that they can be contenders.

PS: it's funny that I'm supporting Leipzeg the year I'm moving to Munich :D

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Leipzeg v Bayern is going to be a real test for both teams. I'm picking Leipzeg for the title so if they beat Bayern it will go a long way to showing that they can be contenders.

PS: it's funny that I'm supporting Leipzeg the year I'm moving to Munich :D
Such sad things on a Friday: Supporting RB and moving to Munich. Must hurt. I feel for you.

I also see RB as real contenders. Hope that iam wrong. But Nagelsmann is so good, and with this squad, which is not worldclass or even the best in the league, but its well balanced and fits to the coach, they could get some results in the longterm.
Hope that the CL will break their neck and reveal their lack of deepness. Unlike in the EL they will give everything. And they are in an easy Group so maybe they are getting some games.

For neutrals it would be the best if all 3 teams (Bayern, BVB, RB) getting their shit together and it all clicks, so that we will have an exciting season.
Also the top 6 could get very interesting: Frankfurt, Bremen, Leverkusen, Gladbach. Good squads and/or interesting coaches.