Bundesliga 19/20

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Such sad things on a Friday: Supporting RB and moving to Munich. Must hurt. I feel for you.

I also see RB as real contenders. Hope that iam wrong. But Nagelsmann is so good, and with this squad, which is not worldclass or even the best in the league, but its well balanced and fits to the coach, they could get some results in the longterm.
Hope that the CL will break their neck and reveal their lack of deepness. Unlike in the EL they will give everything. And they are in an easy Group so maybe they are getting some games.

For neutrals it would be the best if all 3 teams (Bayern, BVB, RB) getting their shit together and it all clicks, so that we will have an exciting season.
Also the top 6 could get very interesting: Frankfurt, Bremen, Leverkusen, Gladbach. Good squads and/or interesting coaches.
I think they're stregthened their squad this season. They haven't lost any important players but have added a lot of depth, especially in attack with Nkunku, Lookman and also Schick at the end of the window.

In defense also atleast they have two players for every position.

King Andow

Dortmund vs Leverkusen about to kick off;
Dortmund: Bürki - Hakimi, Akanji, Hummels, Guerreiro - Witsel, Delaney - Sancho, Reus (c), Brandt - Alcacer
Subs: Hitz, Zagadou, Dahoud, Götze, Hazard, Schmelzer, Weigl, Bruun Larsen
Out: Morey (shoulder), Schulz (ankle)
Coach: Lucien Favre

Leverkusen: Hradecky - L. Bender (c), Tah, S. Bender, Wendell - Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz - Bellarabi, Havertz, Amiri - Volland
Subs: Özcan, Retsos, Dragovic, Paulinho, Bailey, Alario, Diaby, Sinkgraven, Weiser
Out: Pohjanpalo (ankle)
Coach: Peter Bosz

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't have a good feeling about this... This should definitely be good for a lot of goals though, so at least entertaining.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund has been excellent in transition today.
We were a bit lucky that Leverkusen didn't convert any of the chances they did have. That said an offensively minded team like Leverkusen is exactly what this Favre team feasts on :smirk:

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
We were ruthless. Leverkusen played so well, only missing some goals. The result is to much for this game. Iam glad that we got these difficult 3 points. Now its possible to watch the later match Pest versus Cholera calmly and relaxed.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
We were a bit lucky that Leverkusen didn't convert any of the chances they did have. That said an offensively minded team like Leverkusen is exactly what this Favre team feasts on :smirk:
On the other hand, in HT1 Dortmund themselves had a couple of chances that were quite miraculously cleared by Leverkusen.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
On the other hand, in HT1 Dortmund themselves had a couple of chances that were quite miraculously cleared by Leverkusen.
Also true, especially that scene with the supposed handball by Tah left me a bit gutted. That should never be a handball in my opinion by the way but there is always that feeling that if would have been decided differently, had it been on the other side. Then again I am sure fans of every club feel like they are being ripped off by VAR regularly :lol:

Anyways, I am really happy with the way this match played out. It showcased the weaknesses of Bosz's tactics as well, it is really fragile if a) they don't convert their chances and b) the opposition is strong on the counter. That's why I feel Leverkusen is an opponent that's usually quite up Dortmund's alley.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Right now Leipzig seem to be begging for a battering.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm not too fond of DM Kimmich. We have loads of midfielders, but no RB with his qualities.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How the hell was that a yellow for Halstenberg? :lol:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That is a laughable call and I am sure it will not be overturned.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the final score line will deceive a lot of people in the Dortmund game. It was a relatively close match, Leverkusen had plenty of the ball and good amount of (counter-)attacking opportunities. Individual quality made all the difference, Dortmund (aside from Brandt, who had a horrible game) were quite ruthless whereas Leverkusen couldn't even create a clear shot out of a 4v2 situation.

Never a penalty for me, but on the other hand I wouldn't have been surprised if someone told me that technically it wasn't a clear enough mistake for VAR to intervene.
After their strong start I was wondering whether Leipzig might be able to sneak in a title challenge, but thus far it looks like men vs boys.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Lucas Hernandez with his Atletico move. His style of play is so ugly.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Just so I don't sound like a bitter Dortmund fan that just wishes the worst unto Bayern (even though I kind of am and do :lol:): Since the goal they have been dominating Leipzig, this has been a demonstration of power so far and I have to say if they can keep this level of play up they will win the title yet again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pretty clownish way to give away a pen, not exactly the most deserved goal I've seen this season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Also a pretty soft pen but correct I guess. Poulsen sticks his leg out so it can be kicked.
Yeah, people might say Poulsen acted clever and he is one of those players who does that kind of stuff deliberately, but on the other hand Hernandez came from behind him and wasn't forced by anyone to dive into Poulsen's leg.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
and people keep telliing me Neuer has lost it
He trained his "Reklamierarm" so well he can even save shots with it now.

How come Davis gets brought on before Coutinho? Now Tolisso for the #10? Bild are probably already writing their articles, in case Bayern don't win this.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
He trained his "Reklamierarm" so well he can even save shots with it now.

How come Davis gets brought on before Coutinho? Now Tolisso for the #10? Bild are probably already writing their articles, in case Bayern don't win this.
Coutinho was away for brazil and not 100% match fit to begin with. not exactly the same type of player too, him and Davies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Coutinho was away for brazil and not 100% match fit to begin with. not exactly the same type of player too, him and Davies.
Yes, I suppose putting someone else on the wing is understandable, but preferring Tolisso for basically the #10 stands out a bit and will probably be picked up by the media if this doesn't end in a win.

On the other hand Nagelsmann really turned the game on its head with his formation switch.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yes, I suppose putting someone else on the wing is understandable, but preferring Tolisso for basically the #10 stands out a bit and will probably be picked up by the media if this doesn't end in a win.

On the other hand Nagelsmann really turned the game on its head with his formation switch.
Kovac is not exactly a coach quick on his feet to change tactics, thats for sure

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kovac is not exactly a coach quick on his feet to change tactics, thats for sure
I didn't even mean it like that, infact it actually seems like he got the better of Nagelsmann at the starting line ups and now in the second half the game is more even, more or less as I would have expected it to be from the get go.
It's more like leaving Coutinho on the bench at 1-1 seems rather risk averse, like he's okay with the game ending 1-1.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not watching the match but following commentary. Apparently Werner missed a couple of great chances and Neuer made some great saves.

Werner doesn't look like he can make the step up to a bigger team and pressure occasions.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Not watching the match but following commentary. Apparently Werner missed a couple of great chances and Neuer made some great saves.

Werner doesn't look like he can make the step up to a bigger team and pressure occasions.
I'm actually a Werner sceptic myself, but I don't think he stood out for choking today.

Lots of praise for Neuer on Sky, but Gulasci great as well and impresses me nearly every time I watch a Leipzig game, yet always seems to be overlooked. He's probably even more underrated than Bürki.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
and people keep telliing me Neuer has lost it
Last season's DFB final was a clear sign that he shouldn't be written off at the highest level yet. Would appreciate a late career worthy of him as a GK great.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Seems Hoeneß wants to go out with a bang. :lol:
Just imagine how little of an issue this discussion could have been without that insufferable cnut. Neuer had basically just tried to end the conversation...