Bundesliga 19/20

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

What the heck. Some development that would be.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aaaand he's gone.
Kicker sending this out via push probably means they were briefed by someone senior at the time. Maybe something happened in the meantime.

edit:

Earlier today..

"Kovac gets two more games" :lol:

Amir

Bayern are such a small time, badly ran club. Kovac only had something like 16 months in the job. He needs three years and six transfer windows to create 'his own' side before his can be judged!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I hope they don't go anywhere near Marco Rose.
I doubt Gladbach will let him go mid-season while they seem to be en route for top 4 and perhaps even a title challenge. That would require some silly money and major work from Rose.

Kovac sacked

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Communicado Official:

Hansi Flick [Löw's former no 2, already at the club] to take over for the time being

Wayne's World

Any news from German or Bayern people here who's the most likely to succeed Kovac?

Any chance of Klopp pissing off to take the job no? ;)

mav_9me

Bayern are such a small time, badly ran club. Kovac only had something like 16 months in the job. He needs three years and six transfer windows to create 'his own' side before his can be judged!
:clap: :clap:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
They will need someone until the end. Ten Hag will probably start for the next season, but he will not leave Ajax now.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Thank god. What a waste of time Kovac's tenure was. Both on and off the court. Not all of it was his fault - all of our club execs had an awful 2 year stretch, nothing but mediocre deals and embarrassing rants - but Kovac was never good enough.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Mourinho would be another Hoeneß dickhead-move. Fortunately, his days are numbered and Rummenigge seems o favor Ten Hag. Fingers crossed...
You act like you know Bayern and the leadership and yet you obviously don't even know that UH made it clear in the past Mourinho would never manage Bayern. That KHR would prefer Ten Haag is also pure speculation and can we please remember that KHR's last two picks were Klinsmann and Ancelotti, I sometimes really don't understand why certain Bayern fans act like he is the "good" one and UH is responsible for anything that goes wrong despite the fact that he got us Heynckes and Guardiola.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
We have to get ten Hag. Give it to someone else until the season is over and then let ten Hag take over. By far the best option out there.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
We have to get ten Hag. Give it to someone else until the season is over and then let ten Hag take over. By far the best option out there.
No reason for us to wait, there should be a good chance to get him in the winter break already. ten Hagen himself already mentioned us and Overmars admitted they'd have to talk if he wants to go.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

HTG

Supports
Bayern
:lol:

Yeah, come on. We have stumbled on blindly and aimlessly after Pep, and as much as I wanted Kovac gone, I'm shivering when I think about the club's next move.
So am I. But there actually seem to be rumors surrounding ten Hag, so I'm allowing myself a little hope.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If Bayern get Ten Hag then i will seriously throw up.

ayushreddevil9

:lol:

Yeah, come on. We have stumbled on blindly and aimlessly after Pep, and as much as I wanted Kovac gone, I'm shivering when I think about the club's next move.
You missed a trick or two with Tuchel and Klopp. I also don't think there are worse options than Kovac so who knows?

ayushreddevil9

Damn, the situation around your club must be so dire if you're actually impressed by how we handled this.
You gave Kovac a full season although Bayern appeared to struggle at times. It was clear that Kovac was the wrong man. We have similar case here but with more struggles than ever. But we will just not take action on time until the season is beyond saving.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You gave Kovac a full season although Bayern appeared to struggle at times. It was clear that Kovac was the wrong man. We have similar case here but with more struggles than ever. But we will just not take action on time until the season is beyond saving.
Hiring Kovac was the dumb move in itself :lol:

They dalied on Nageslmann and then RB swooped in, otherwise he wouldve been perfect.

They also didn't want to pay big money to sign De Bruyne and Sane, now they face a situation where they don't have permanent long term replacements for Ribery and Robben.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think Bayern gets Ten Haag for 3yrs and later Klopp

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
IMO there were three (maybe four) bad moves since '16:
- hiring Ancelotti
- making Salihamidzic sporting director
- hiring Kovac

Ancelotti is a nice jovial fellow but the wrong choice as a follow-up to a detail-obsessed maniac like Pep.
Salihamidzic made rookie mistakes that cost us the Hudson-Odoi and the Sane transfer. Nerlinger was kicked out for making 1/10th of that kind of blunder.
Kovac was a further step down; it can be argued he was a victim of the Hoeneß-Rummenigge battle, but he failed to prove that he has a) any of the qualities to improve a team b) can inspire it c) has a game plan.

notably, all three moves were Hoeneß' choices. In each case, Rummenigge had a different -and imo better- favourite.
driving Pep away because he didn't want to hand him more control can be counted as the fourth and biggest mistake.

santuris

Supports
FC Bayern
I guess it will be Flick for the next matches until the winter break. Then ten Haag seems a very good option of available.

The bosses made several mistakes the last years: Their statement before last season „we will do the team-renewal next season“ was just ridiculous. Plus: Their transfers just did not make any sense. The last three seasons we lost many players who were leaders on the pitch: Lahm, Alonso, Robben, Ribery, Vidal, Hummels – with no real replacements. Salihamidzic is basically a rookie, has no authority and is being bossed around by others. The only transfer (Coutinho) worked, because Rummenigge went with him.
M

Kovac is only partly to blame. He had to work with an insufficient squad and also had to endure stupid comments from Hoeness and Rummenige throughout his time. His style of playing did not help either, true -> for somebody who claims the defense as his main focus, conceding 16 goals in 10 matches is a shame.

And in the end, nearly every player he had, performed subpar. Pavard was making mistake over mistake, Boateng seems lazy and unfocussed, Coutinho is not integrated into any system yet. Tolisso is miles below his peak. Kimmichs performance took a dive for the last 3 games at least. The only upsides were Gnabry and Lewandowski, partly Coman.

Last edited by a moderator:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Rummenigge was behind Klinsmann and Ancelotti. For all of Hoeneß mistakes - there are many - he was also the driving force behind Pep and Heynckes. I also don't think that there was much that the club could do to keep Pep.

No idea about Ten Haag. I am not really sold, but I don't know how he is doing since leaving the Bayern B team.

Last edited: