Bundesliga 19/20

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Nübel ist shit and they realized it too late, panicking now that they need to keep Neuer for a bit longer. Probably also speculated on Neuer wanting to go elsewhere.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Nübel ist shit and they realized it too late, panicking now that they need to keep Neuer for a bit longer. Probably also speculated on Neuer wanting to go elsewhere.
Nübel is not Neuer, but also not „shit“. Is there only black and white and polemic?
And keeping Neuer is not really a disadvantage. He‘s been good to very good the last year.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The updated match schedule of Dresden (currently bottom of 2nd division) shows how messed up things get when players or staff test positive. The whole team has been in a 14 day quarantine and will only be allowed to resume training from Saturday onwards. Which means they get 7 days of "pre season" and then have to play 8 matches in 22 days.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
erm... no in all points. no one at Bayern thiks Nübel is shit, no one at Bayern wanted to cut Neuer, no one at Bayern seriously believed Neuer wanted to leave.

They got Nübel as a long term replacement for Neuer and the time to make a move was now because of Nübels contract situation. The fact that it helped spice up the contract talks with Neuer just happened, and possibly wasn't unwelcome - Everyone wanted to keep Neuer, but he initally asked for a 5 year contract, not they settled on 3 which is better for the club given Neuers age.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
erm... no in all points. no one at Bayern thiks Nübel is shit, no one at Bayern wanted to cut Neuer, no one at Bayern seriously believed Neuer wanted to leave.

They got Nübel as a long term replacement for Neuer and the time to make a move was now because of Nübels contract situation. The fact that it helped spice up the contract talks with Neuer just happened, and possibly wasn't unwelcome - Everyone wanted to keep Neuer, but he initally asked for a 5 year contract, not they settled on 3 which is better for the club given Neuers age.
I think calling Nübel "shit" too simplistic and I guess Bayern won't lose a lot of money on him, but you have a hard time convincing me that he's got a decent chance of being Bayern's first choice keeper. If he was a couple of years younger, then maybe. But he's 23 (24 at the beginning of next season, so in Caf years he's bascially 30 and past it!!) and he has only ever played two half-seasons of Bundesliga football. He can't just wait patiently for 2-3 years hoping that Neuer will first teach him his tricks and then bugger off into the sunset. Bayern won't be so naive to make someone who never played a full season at age 26 their first choice keeper. So he has to go out on loan. And what club would want to take him? This season has been a proper train wreck for him, what club would want to assume all the risk with zero payoff in making him their no1 as a loanee? He would probably have to hope for a club like Freiburg or Augsburg.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ow yes. Much more so than Sane tbh.
Yea with Gnabry and Muller looking good (Coman and Perisic otherwise) on the wings it doesn't make sense to spend a ton on another winger. I think it would only make sense if they decide to sell Coman and can get decent money for him.

Havertz though can slot in right alongside Thiago and Kimmich. Would be harsh on Goretzka, who I think has been really good under Flick, but it's not impossible to also play Havertz-Goretzka-Kimmich as well.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Havertz leaving is fine with me, I arranged myself with that. But him going to Bayern would ruin the Bundesliga for at least a few seasons for me, I guess. Really hope he's choosing one of the other options he has. Don't even care which one, I'd even prefer a move to Dortmund to that.

Lyricist

Havertz leaving is fine with me, I arranged myself with that. But him going to Bayern would ruin the Bundesliga for at least a few seasons for me, I guess. Really hope he's choosing one of the other options he has. Don't even care which one, I'd even prefer a move to Dortmund to that.

Imagine a front line of

----------------Haaland
Reus-Havertz-Brandt-Sancho

Maybe Reus shouldn't play on the wing anymore, but these players in offense, with T. Hazard, Guerreiro, and Reyna still as backups would be crazy. The potential of that team if they somehow were to stick together for a while. Insane.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Imagine a front line of

----------------Haaland
Reus-Havertz-Brandt-Sancho

Maybe Reus shouldn't play on the wing anymore, but these players in offense, with T. Hazard, Guerreiro, and Reyna still as backups would be crazy. The potential of that team if they somehow were to stick together for a while. Insane.

Add Reyna instead of Reus and you've got 5 of the most promising youngsters in the world right now. Dortmunds tramsfer politics are really amazing.

So yeah, it would make an amazing team but although Dortmund is something like my second team in the BL, it's just not a nice feeling to see the best talent your very own club has ever produced in a rival's shirt. Especially since in recent seasons, the average Dortmund fan is getting almost as pretentious and derogative as the average Munich supporter.

Andersons Dietician

I see Havertz much like the end of last season has kicked back in to crazy goal scoring form. I’d love him at United but with Bruno, Pogba maybe Sancho I just don’t see where United could fit him in but certainly be interesting to see where he ends up.

Woodenlung

Lads, if Liverpool get Werner they'll run away with the league again. He's a sensational forward. Hattrick today.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Watching Düsseldorf v koln atm, the audio on tv has crowds singing etc. are they adding that in the studio or at the ground?

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Watching Düsseldorf v koln atm, the audio on my tc has crowds singing etc. are they adding that in the studio or at the ground?
DFL said something about preserving the authenticity of the atmosphere. It's done by broadcasters.

Add Reyna instead of Reus and you've got 5 of the most promising youngsters in the world right now. Dortmunds tramsfer politics are really amazing.

So yeah, it would make an amazing team but although Dortmund is something like my second team in the BL, it's just not a nice feeling to see the best talent your very own club has ever produced in a rival's shirt. Especially since in recent seasons, the average Dortmund fan is getting almost as pretentious and derogative as the average Munich supporter.
If there ever was a chance of Dortmund signing Havertz it probably died with the Corona virus. Especially if Sancho will not be sold. I think everyone can be happy if they keep the squad together, replace Hakimi with Meunier and sign a couple of wonderkids.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Empty stadium or not, i'm stoked for Bayern-Dortmund. The stakes are perfect for this meeting, first against second, one point or seven points between us, both teams are in good to great form.
It's going to be a borefest and a draw :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Empty stadium or not, i'm stoked for Bayern-Dortmund. The stakes are perfect for this meeting, first against second, one point or seven points between us, both teams are in good to great form.
It's going to be a borefest and a draw :D
Dortmund needs to win so this gives me hope for a good game.

NYAS

The main thing for me about the game is that it’s at Signal Iduna. Too many times in recent years have I looked forward to this fixture at Munich and it’s been a massacre. Really anti-climactic and boring. Hopefully very different tonight.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund kind of have to win this for the league's sake :lol:

With the crowd present there would be a reasonable chance of that happening imho. Bayern are obviously in very good form, but so are Dortmund and unlike the away matches in Munich they can usually meet Bayern on an even footing at home (2W 1D 1L in the last five seasons). But without the fans I don't really see it and I'm a bit afraid that Favre will pick a passive approach again.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
rumours getting louder that Favres days at BVB are numbered, also fired by his own cryptic remarks after match (he has done that before) "i do know that some here doubt my ability to win titles. I don't read the papers but i know how this works. I will talk about it in a couple of weeks"

Apparently, Kovac's name is thrown around as a potential successor :annoyed:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
rumours getting louder that Favres days at BVB are numbered, also fired by his own cryptic remarks after match (he has done that before) "i do know that some here doubt my ability to win titles. I don't read the papers but i know how this works. I will talk about it in a couple of weeks"

Apparently, Kovac's name is thrown around as a potential successor :annoyed:
WTF. What have they seen in Kovac to think that he can win them a title?! Would be a ridiculous appointment.

romufc

Apparently, Kovac's name is thrown around as a potential successor
Wow. I cannot see how this man get another top tier job like Dortmund. Germany have been good at finding managers over the last few years, not sure why they would go for him.

His time at Bayern shows what a mess it was.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can't see Dortmund signing Kovac at all. He showed next to no promise at Bayern, his tactics aren't particularly ambitious and Hummels and he seem to dislike each other a lot.

ctp

Tbf the source of the Kovac rumours is Loddar saying on Sky that he thinks it would be a good idea. I highly doubt Dortmund would go for him.

Pep's Suit

Honestly every BuLi season is the same, this league is as pointless as Seria A / Ligue 1.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
He showed next to no promise at Bayern, his tactics aren't particularly ambitious and Hummels and he seem to dislike each other a lot.
Sounds like a perfect signing for Dortmund to me. Shame it probably won't happen, as he could throw their development back a year or two or three for every year of his employment.:D We rarely get to have nice things, I suppose...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Havertz is pretty special for sure.
First half of 2018/19: 6 goals, 3 assists
Second half of 2018/19: 11 goals, 1 assist
First half of 2019/20: 2 goals, 1 assist
Second half of 2019/20 so far: 9 goals, 4 assists

Glad to see he's back in form after struggling earlier on this season. Could be random, but he might be one of those players who get better after the winter break. That would be nice considering that's when titles get won.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Glad to see he's back in form after struggling earlier on this season. Could be random, but he might be one of those players who get better after the winter break. That would be nice considering that's when titles get won.
He‘s also still very young. He‘ll get more consistent with experience. I just hope he‘s fine and didn’t pick up an injury.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

He's mirroring his team's form.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If they somehow manage to restart the Champions League then Bayern have to be at least co-favorite