Bundesliga 19/20

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Terrible league. Minus Bayern and Dortmund I don't see much difference between this and Eredivisie. When I look at players' stats I just think 1 goal or 1 assist counts as 0.5 in PL.
Yeah, we've all witnessed that at the stats of Aubameyang, de Bruyne, Sané, Özil, ... after they left the Bundesliga.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, we've all witnessed that at the stats of Aubameyang, de Bruyne, Sané, Özil, ... after they left the Bundesliga.
Or Coutinho who became totally useless outside the EPL

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sane turned down an extension with City, Likely destination Bayern. Bayern gets stronger, All I need now is a deal for Harvetz in Summer 2021

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sane turned down an extension with City, Likely destination Bayern. Bayern gets stronger, All I need now is a deal for Harvetz in Summer 2021
Havertz seems to want to leave this summer. I don’t see Bayern paying up twice especially since neither City or Leverkusen need the money.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Havertz seems to want to leave this summer. I don’t see Bayern paying up twice especially since neither City or Leverkusen need the money.
I think it's in Harvetz interest to wait one more season and play CL football with Leverkusen, Most of the big clubs cannot guarantee him a starting place immediately, Going to a club like Chelsea just to get out of Leverkusen will be a terrible career decision IMO. Almost like Aubameyang going to Arsenal

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Or Coutinho who became totally useless outside the EPL
Did he? He averages 99 mins per G+A in Bundesliga, only time he averaged less than that was in PL when he played half a season before leaving Liverpool.

In Bundesliga his average is 99 mins per G+A
PL - 146 mins per G+A
La Liga- 173 mins per G+A (including Barca and Espanyol)

He isn't as good as the hype, wouldn't call him as useless player.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Exceptions.
Did he? He averages 99 mins per G+A in Bundesliga, only time he averaged less than that was in PL when he played half a season before leaving Liverpool.

PL - 146 mins per G+A

i would guess Coutinho's stats are extremely skewed for his BPL time due to him playing here in his very young years too.

Anyways it's really stupid to constantly label the German league as some easy league. They've outperformed us in Europe for most of the past decade, are the league closest to us in term of physical playstyle, and we pretend we're always better due to some teams in England having sugar daddies.

The league's most effective scorers Lewa and Haaland happen to also be the CL topscorers by some distance right now, so the argument doesn't really stand.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

PL - 146 mins per G+A

His stats in the Bundesliga look good, but he was so underwhelming in 80% of his games. He‘ll go back to Barca and be their payroll‘s problem.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His stats in the Bundesliga look good, but he was so underwhelming in 80% of his games. He‘ll go back to Barca and be their payroll‘s problem.
Yeah, might be one for PSG later.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

PL - 146 mins per G+A

Yea useless isn't the proper word but given the cost of signing him, and his contract, it doesn't make financial sense. He doesn't add enough to warrant the money, nor does he have high future potential (he's 28, jees it wasn't long ago he was still considered a 'future' star).

Would be better to spend a bit more to sign someone like Havertz.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Goal of the season stuff from Dortmund there.

Started with a mazy run from Hummels, then a great one two between Brandt and Hazard. Ended with a great touch pass from Reyna to Haaland for the finish.

Dortmund have dominated this, should be 2-3 up by now. Leipzegs tactics just not working.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Started with a mazy run from Hummels, then a great one two between Brandt and Hazard. Ended with a great touch pass from Reyna to Haaland for the finish.

Dortmund have dominated this, should be 2-3 up by now. Leipzegs tactics just not working.
Love seeing Reyna get his first start, as an American I am excited for his future. I think everyone, even Haaland, was surprised by the pass, I though he was going to shoot.

mav_9me

Surprised by how poor Leipzig have been, no pressing at all.

BTW how about that assist by Reyna. That tells me everything about him. Looks like going to be a class class player.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bremen clinging on in Bundesliga. Dusseldorf goal would relegate them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hamburg. :lol:

Out of their hands to finish even in the promotion play off now.

Stuttgart all but promoted.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It must be so incredibly painful being a HSV supporter. :lol:
It's a good feeling as Werder Fan, that there is still HSV to entertain you.
At least the North Derby will be back.
Heidenheim should do it against Bielefeld.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You might still avoid relegation yourselves. However unlikely it seems.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also Dresden going to the 3rd division and St. Pauli staying in the second. :cool:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It must be so incredibly painful being a HSV supporter. :lol:
I lived 10 years in Hamburg therefore i feel with my HSV friends :nervous:

But they deserve another season in the 2.Bundesliga if you are so stupid......to concede 4 major goals in the stoppage time since the restart and to play attacking football in the last few minutes against Heidenheim today
Minute 10: Goal for Hamburg against Sandhausen
Minute 80: Goal for Heidenheim against Bielefeld
Minute 89: Goal for Bielefeld against Heidenheim
Minute 90: Goal for Sandhausen against Hamburg (and probably a own goal too)
You heard it here first :D

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Correct me if I’m wrong (going off FlashScore) but Haaland’s had 29 goals in 28 games with 2 different teams in different leagues this season? That’s genuinely incredible. What a player.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't know much about the current Mönchengladbach team, but what do people think is its long-term potential?

If you look at the other current top teams: Bayern won't go anywhere; Dortmund has a good basis and strong scouting, so they'll remain potential top 4 material as well; and Leipzig has the coach and money to stay relevant whatever happens. I guess Leverkusen's situation is a little less clear: they have a good coach that can set them up for long-term stability (if not necessarily success), but losing key players might harm them. (And there are, of course, other teams that might make their way into the top 5/6/7/whatever. In any case, I have no idea where Gladbach sits in that comparison. Obviously, Rose appears to be a great coach (as long as he stays; but same for Bosz and Nagelsmann), but what about their team? Do they depend on specific players that might be snatched away? If so, do they have good scouting to compensate for that, or a couple of good youngsters waiting in the wings?

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I don't know much about the current Mönchengladbach team, but what do people think is its long-term potential?

If you look at the other current top teams: Bayern won't go anywhere; Dortmund has a good basis and strong scouting, so they'll remain potential top 4 material as well; and Leipzig has the coach and money to stay relevant whatever happens. I guess Leverkusen's situation is a little less clear: they have a good coach that can set them up for long-term stability (if not necessarily success), but losing key players might harm them. (And there are, of course, other teams that might make their way into the top 5/6/7/whatever. In any case, I have no idea where Gladbach sits in that comparison. Obviously, Rose appears to be a great coach (as long as he stays; but same for Bosz and Nagelsmann), but what about their team? Do they depend on specific players that might be snatched away? If so, do they have good scouting to compensate for that, or a couple of good youngsters waiting in the wings?
They don't really have the financial firepower to compete with those teams. You have to keep in mind that Mönchengladbach was a pretty weak team for a long time. If you look at the 15 seasons before 2011, their best result was a 10th place finish and that included several years in the 2. Bundesliga. Their current strength is almost entirely based on Favre's miraculous run that led to several Champions League participations and gave them the money to invest in their team. They've done a great job at finding good players, especially in France and Switzerland...however a few costly mistakes could quickly change their fortunes. There was an interesting interview with their sporting director Max Eberl not too long ago where he described how they didn't have a lot of room for mistakes and he likened their approach to Werder Bremen's strong era which also was all about maximizing your potential. He also claimed that they'd never be able to close the financial gap to the top teams but acknowledged that there were a lot of clubs that could take over their spot like Hoffenheim, Schalke, Frankfurt and especially Hertha with all that new money.
Getting that fourth CL spot would be crucial to them, especially in these challenging times.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess it would be in Gladbach's advantage, then, i it's true that the transfer market will be relatively quiet year. Would give them a chance to build on what they have.

All the same, it's exciting how much can happen every year in the BL. There are loads of clubs each year that could suddenly make it into the top, or fall away. Basically the entire current top 11 (the five already mentioned, plus Frankfurt, Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg, Freiburg, Herta - and even Schalke), have a chance of being into contention for European spots next year, if luck goes their way a little, and somebody else's luck gives out. (It's not really 'luck' of course, but anyway.) Much more fun than having a fixed group of top clubs, like the top 6 we had in the EPL for a while - which has now also really cracked open. Same in France and Spain, too, actually. Now if just something were done about those 'outliers' at the very top... (But I digress!)

Reactions: Sultan

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bremen giving it a real go. I assume Koln couldn't give a stuff so it's possible bremen could score enough to finish above Dusseldorf even if they come back to draw.

Must admit I'd love to see a Bremen-Hamburg promotion/relegation play off.