Bundesliga 19/20

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Today is the last day, right? Werder wins they stay up?
Too lazy to check league table
Werder wins and Dusseldorf lose/draw then werder play a relegation playoff I think.

Edit: Dusseldorf need to lose, or werder need to win by 5 clear goals I think? (Not sure what happens if they both have same goal diff 4 clear goals for werder) in the German league.

I could be completely wrong here :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Far more dramatic, they win and still are at the mercy of Düsseldorf's result.
If Werder win 4:0 and Düsseldorf draw 4-4 they'd be on equal points and goals for/against. In this case Düsseldorf wins the head to head.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
This is more intense than every Champions League final.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not quite. Their GD was about 4 worse than Dusseldorf so they could've won 1 or 2-0 and still gone down if Dusseldorf get a point. Could well stay up if they win 5-0 which looks very possible. Down if they win 50-0 if Dusseldorf win at Union Berlin.

Even with all that they go into a relegation play off against Heidenheim or Hamburg if they finish 16th.

gorro

Supports
Werder Bremen
Bremen giving it a real go. I assume Koln couldn't give a stuff so it's possible bremen could score enough to finish above Dusseldorf even if they come back to draw.

Must admit I'd love to see a Bremen-Hamburg promotion/relegation play off.
I must admit that this would be my worst nightmare.

To be completly honest I dont think Werder deserves to play the relegation play off after a season where the team managed to win 1 (maybe 2) and drew 3 homegames all season. This should end in relegation and a clean rebuild in the 2. Bundesliga.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thanks @GhastlyHun , @FootballHQ , and @One Night Only .

Next on agenda: Who is left in euro cups, Bayern in CL, and Bayer in EL?
League finished, now they have to wait more then a month for CL, and EL. Not very nice.
Wolfsburg are also still in the EL, trailing Donezk after a 1-2 loss at home in the first leg.
Yeah the wait sucks, but i'm rather excited about the condensed schedule for the remaining games after the restart.

TommiHelm

What on earth did Dortmund do at half time - they seem to play without players on the right side (except Sancho up front) all of a sudden...

Kramaric with his 4th. Think Dortmund don't care.

RedDevilRoshi

4-0 Hoffenheim now and we haven’t even reached the hour mark. Dortmund have been absolutely shite

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Dortmund can take solace from Schalke's equally disgraceful showing... but no, they ought to be absolutely ashamed.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
The Dortmund fans are thinking that they have a chance against Bayern Munich next season :lol:

It's surely Düsseldorf's own fault but i hope Köln are getting that back next season.

And a shame the season is over because i would like to see how long it would take before Schalke can win a match again :lol:

TommiHelm

They were actually trying to play with Morey on left wing back, Hakimi as a left forward, and Sancho as a right wing back it looks like. No wonder the right side looked completely empty when defending. Sancho don't seem to keen on being a wingback, or maybe he didn't get the memo.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dusseldorf need a minor miracle now incredibly. Were in a really strong position to stay up at kick off.

Fancy Bremen to win the play off if it's Heidenheim.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Gladbach don't win they only have themselves to blame. They've missed some glorious opportunities to make it 2-0 and Hertha are looking threatening now..

izec

Some of the results today :houllier:

Dortmund, Schalke and Köln are a bit of a joke really. it is the last game, but no reason to get slaughtered

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Amazing second half of the season by Bayern. They were 7 or so points back in December
I mean, they just casually went on a 24-win and 1-draw run to finish off this season, nothing to see here. ^^
It's hard to imagine how many things have to go wrong for them to not become German Champions for a change. Maybe once Lewandowski retires there's hope for the rest of the league...

Blackwidow

I mean, they just casually went on a 24-win and 1-draw run to finish off this season, nothing to see here. ^^
It's hard to imagine how many things have to go wrong for them to not become German Champions for a change. Maybe once Lewandowski retires there's hope for the rest of the league...
It is not just Lewandowski. With Flick Lewy has 20 goals and 4 assists, Müller 8 goals and 17 assists... Lewy with 3 penalties and 80 more minutes. That duo and the three midfielders helped that it was not so important that all wingers weren't that consistent! There is still more potential if Gnabry gets back in form or Coman shows what he can! That back four was fantastic, too. The 54 goals to 10 goals since winter break beats the 54 to 11 of the treble season (same points) and is the best 2nd part of the season ever.

And a lot of the stables today were told to be just bench warmers at Bayern or were already written off.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've been watching RB Leipzig and Gladbach alot this season and have really enjoyed watching the tactical setups of both Nagelsmann and Rose.

Nagelsmann I feel was unlucky with injuries and the loss of Konate was a big one or I imagine he likely would've finished 2nd.

Marco Rose got Gladbach to punch above their weight and did brilliantly well to finish 4th and his team was a joy to watch. The injury to Zakaria was a blow, but all things considered a very good campaign from Rose and Gladbach.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Wasn't that the hope with no Robben/Ribery and now we scored more goals than even in our best season in 2012/13 with Heynckes?
I mean it is always possible that we will not keep this level, I mean I doubt we are going to win every german championship until the heat death of the universe, sooner or later we will slip up, but I don't think it will ever be because of not having a certain player. I also worry less about replacing Lewandowski, he is certainly top class and it's probably going to be hard to find someone as good as him but the striker position is certainly one where we have a great transfer record (Elber, Makaay, Luca Toni, Gomez, Mandzukic all produced numbers/perfomances at the top level for us).
I think us failing to win it will be a combination of many things that go wrong at once AND a club who is actually able to take advantage of it, ie the league needs another Klopp like team to challenge us and if we then decide to maybe have a greater focus on the CL it's not impossible for someone else to take it (though Kovac as coach is probably as bad as it can get).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Completely forgot about Bundesliga 2 until just now. Heidenheim completely blown up, 3-0 down. Means Hamburg get in play offs if they draw. They were 2 down at home but just scored a penalty. Half an hour left to find another to play Bremen.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Completely forgot about Bundesliga 2 until just now. Heidenheim completely blown up, 3-0 down. Means Hamburg get in play offs if they draw. They were 2 down at home but just scored a penalty. Half an hour left to find another to play Bremen.
Yea man I was just about to comment. What a joke Hamburg are :lol:

EDIT: Just saw that they scored now, still a bit of hope.

Blackwidow

Right now Nürnburg is on the way to go into the relegation matches against the 3rd of league 3. They played Bundesliga last season...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hamburg players are so thick, incredible to watch really. 1-3 down with five minutes left so all over.

Bit disappointed, think Bremen will comfortably roll over Heidenheim.