Bundesliga 2018/19

.mica

Supports
Dortmund

So, penalty or not?
For footballers with some honor its no penalty. But players of Bayern take this as a chance and let themselfs fall. Good refering could help, but hey i got just Hoeness words in my ear who said: "Beim DFB in Frankfurt sollten sie einige Kerzen aufstellen, dass der FC Bayern für neue Erfolge genug Spieler parat hat." ..This is a kind of a threat.
And there is a known reason for this bad referring, Manuel Gräfes (one of the best referees here) interviews some month ago made this clear as possible. Amigo policy towards bad referees. From a Football Association sponsored by the same sponsors and stakeholders from Bayern.

Bayerns dominance (and behaviour in such situations, arrogant statements in the direction of the DFB and the referees) makes the league boring, and puts themselfs in the second tier in europe and makes them weak in comparison to other european topclubs, but they simply don't realise this.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Was those the semi finals?

I assume neutrals in Germany want Bayern to win the cup final to stop Leipzig getting their grubby little hands on German silverware or have I got that wrong?
Not sure which would make me throw up more. You might actually be right in your assumption since at least personally I am used to not giving a feck anymore about Bayern winning their 100th trophy. Leipzig to get gratification this quickly for their unashamed buying into the upper echelon of the league would simply add a new annoyance to this sport I love and that is giving me so little joy recently. Actually it is still giving me joy, I just have to look for it in other places. I am really happy with Frankfurt's and especially Bremen's resurgence and would have been happy for them to progress to the final even outside them facing Bayern in the semi. That pen was a farce but I am not going to cry about it overly much. It feels a bit typical but that might be an unwarranted bias.

The other Clubs got fans, Bayern got costumers.
Putting it this way is just winding people up and the ones reading here are mostly what us snobs might call "real fans".

Nobody besides the biggest fanbase in Germany.
:lol: come on now.
I think having the biggest fanbase might not equate to the largest amount of endorphines being produced in case of a trophy win. This is why these results make me a bit sad. Bayern winning it feels like them just chalking up their 19th Cup win and going back to complaining that their team is shit and their coach needs to be sacked asap. And it's entirely understandable that this is the case, who really cares about another title if winning them is basically a given at this point? Compare that to Frankfurt winning it last year or a potential win by Bremen or Hamburg. Entire cities would be elated and there would be at least one weekend of partying in the streets. That is what winning a title should invoke and I am just sad it won't happen this year. And concerning Leipzig, their club does not even exist as long as some supporters have waited for their club to win a title. It doesn't feel like it's their turn in my opinion. The result is that I really don't care about this final and probably will not watch it which is a shame.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
said a supporter of the 10th richest club in europe. sounds legit. and they never are bitter:
The generalization in the second part is almost as unnecessary as the customer crap he wrote ;) Concerning the 10th richest club in Europe: are we really? Honestly don't know, by which metric is that measured?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
The generalization in the second part is almost as unnecessary as the customer crap he wrote ;) Concerning the 10th richest club in Europe: are we really? Honestly don't know, by which metric is that measured?
jerseys sold. i guess they would rank even higher, but they dont sell to costumers, only real supporters

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
jerseys sold. i guess they would rank even higher, but they dont sell to costumers, only real supporters
Well jerseys sold is not exactly measuring the income of a club. I assume we sell more jerseys than City do but we sure as hell don't have as much money at our disposal as they do. That customer stuff did not come from me so please don't try to mock me with it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What am I not seeing. That is clearly a penalty.
Ball is gone already, he barely brushes Coman's side, not every contact is a foul and in this instance the intensity of the contact doesn't fit the fall. For DFB to admit a refereeing mistake it has to be extra clear.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Ball is gone already, he barely brushes Coman's side, not every contact is a foul and in this instance the intensity of the contact doesn't fit the fall. For DFB to admit a refereeing mistake it has to be extra clear.
i already commented on this foul and called it an ultrasoft pen that had better not been given at this point in the match. Still there is neither hope for him playing the ball, nor any intention to do so visible, he only attacks the man while the ball is still free. *can* be given. also shows any accusation of Coman diving is pointless.

I believe DFB admitted that *the way the situation was handled by both by the ref and the VAR team* was not good, i don't think they said anything about the foul itself?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Well jerseys sold is not exactly measuring the income of a club. I assume we sell more jerseys than City do but we sure as hell don't have as much money at our disposal as they do. That customer stuff did not come from me so please don't try to mock me with it.
Sorry, didn't want to mock *you* personally. :). Just find the "Dortmund are the poor underdogs and by definition the good guys, challengenging the dark lord" a bit tiring. Poor underdogs don't buy and sell potential ballon d'or challengers on a regular basis. If bayern are bad guys because of financial success, so are, by definition, BVB. No moral winner by a mile to be seen. Also, the same sort of nitwits buy jerseys of clubs that start to win stuff all over the planet, regardless of *what* club it is, no matter many presser pics are taken off a guy owning a couple of goldplated Astons in some coal mine.

With the title race still open, for the record: BVB have performed above expectations this season, and have been at times a delight to watch. I'd be happy to *not* see Bayern winning every domestic title by a landslide from now on till i die of old age.

ctp

i already commented on this foul and called it an ultrasoft pen that had better not been given at this point in the match. Still there is neither hope for him playing the ball, nor any intention to do so visible, he only attacks the man while the ball is still free. *can* be given. also shows any accusation of Coman diving is pointless.

I believe DFB admitted that *the way the situation was handled by both by the ref and the VAR team* was not good, i don't think they said anything about the foul itself?
DFB said:
Aus schiedsrichterfachlicher Sicht halten wir die Strafstoßentscheidung für nicht korrekt."

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
ah, ok, tbh i couldn't be bothered to read all the articles. Idf they really said that, it's more telling about the current state of the DFB after the Grindel desaster. Basically they put a young Ref in a game like this and throw him under the bus to score some brownie points...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
ah, ok, tbh i couldn't be bothered to read all the articles. Idf they really said that, it's more telling about the current state of the DFB after the Grindel desaster. Basically they put a young Ref in a game like this and throw him under the bus to score some brownie points...
Or maybe it actually was a mistake.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sorry, didn't want to mock *you* personally. :). Just find the "Dortmund are the poor underdogs and by definition the good guys, challengenging the dark lord" a bit tiring.
With the title race still open, for the record: BVB have performed above expectations this season, and have been at times a delight to watch. I'd be happy to *not* see Bayern winning every domestic title by a landslide from now on till i die of old age.
No worries, I just find the entire "Bayern are the worst and their fans are no real fans because they don't have to suffer properly" vs. "Dortmund fans are hypocrites and should look at themselves first" discussion annoying as hell. Both of this will always be true for parts of the fanbases but it just really poisons the conversation if people generalize. I know I did also generalize in a way when I said Bayern fans will be celebrating a title differently from other fan bases but I think that is entirely understandable simply from past experiences and does not make one a better or worse supporter.

I guess it is generally a systemic problem that the way money is raked in by a few clubs at the top has led to an ever increasing consolidation of a few clubs hoarding titles and that will always generate envy. I just think it would be nicer if other clubs would get the chance to celebrate titles without saying Bayern doesn't "deserve" to win. It is just less fun that way. And I know a lot of Bayern supporters like to see a proper competition and enjoy this season more than past ones for that reason (even though they probably don't necessarily enjoy the performances of their team). Let's hope we will see that more in the future and maybe not only because Bayern are weak but because other german teams actually play well.

Concerning your assessment of Dortmund's season: If you just look at the expected points for Dortmund by understat it is quite apparent that we have been extremely lucky this season, especially in the first half of the season. Of course Favre has consistently been overperforming in their xG metrics but still I do remember quite a few matches where we were lucky to come away with a win. I just hope that some of this momentum carries over into next season and we can give you a run for your money once again.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
No worries, I just find the entire "Bayern are the worst and their fans are no real fans because they don't have to suffer properly" vs. "Dortmund fans are hypocrites and should look at themselves first" discussion annoying as hell. Both of this will always be true for parts of the fanbases but it just really poisons the conversation if people generalize. I know I did also generalize in a way when I said Bayern fans will be celebrating a title differently from other fan bases but I think that is entirely understandable simply from past experiences and does not make one a better or worse supporter.

I guess it is generally a systemic problem that the way money is raked in by a few clubs at the top has led to an ever increasing consolidation of a few clubs hoarding titles and that will always generate envy. I just think it would be nicer if other clubs would get the chance to celebrate titles without saying Bayern doesn't "deserve" to win. It is just less fun that way. And I know a lot of Bayern supporters like to see a proper competition and enjoy this season more than past ones for that reason (even though they probably don't necessarily enjoy the performances of their team). Let's hope we will see that more in the future and maybe not only because Bayern are weak but because other german teams actually play well.

Concerning your assessment of Dortmund's season: If you just look at the expected points for Dortmund by understat it is quite apparent that we have been extremely lucky this season, especially in the first half of the season. Of course Favre has consistently been overperforming in their xG metrics but still I do remember quite a few matches where we were lucky to come away with a win. I just hope that some of this momentum carries over into next season and we can give you a run for your money once again.
Was going to compose a longish answer, but screw it: I agree about 99% anyway :)

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I was not aware you can push guys in the box like thst. My bad I guess I need to read the rule book.

Blackwidow

I just think it is always funny when Bayern is in favour of such a soft decision - and how nobody cares when it is the opposite. They are often not even shown in the summaries.

The same decision for Bremen and the newspapers today would have been full with the "Miracle of Bremen" and there would be no discussion about the penalty.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I suppose Müller telling the press after Düsseldorf that he would've deliberately missed a penalty as soft as theirs and Boateng telling Kruse that Bayern should've been up 4-0 at half time didn't help, but I'm sure a call like that would not have been overlooked if it was in Bremen's favour.
At the very least because Hoeneß would've thrown a tantrum in the media instead of praising the call.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
banter is fine, this is football we're talking about :)
the reason i like this cafe here and can't stand most of the others is that the banter mostly comes with some kind of substance. "you stink!" - - "you stink even more" kind of discussions can be had everywhere, dont have to go to the caf for it ;)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
banter is fine, this is football we're talking about :)
the reason i like this cafe here and can't stand most of the others is that the banter mostly comes with some kind of substance. "you stink!" - - "you stink even more" kind of discussions can be had everywhere, dont have to go to the caf for it ;)
It also does not hurt that Bayern and Dortmund fans don't make up a majority of the posters as is the case in a lot of german forums. There are enough outsiders here that will bring you back down to earth if you are being an ass :)

Any expectations for the weekend? I think most games should be either straight forward or interest we very little. Bayern, Leverkusen, Leipzig and Gladbach should dispatch their respective opponents quite easily and I just hope we won't make a meal of the match against the shambles that is Schalke these days. Can already feel Stevens pull out that single good game he has in him this season for some undeserved 1:0 in stoppage time :lol:

Pagh Wraith

Very surprised that the DFB has come out and said it was the wrong decision. I didn't see the match and expected an outrageous decision. But I have to say that this is a penalty for me.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Regardless of whether you are in favor or against this penalty decision, the DFB reaction to the incident is another trainwreck for this mess of an association. Completely unprofessional handling of the situation once more.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Thomas Müller has backtracked now:

"During the game it looked like a clear pen to me, a clear push from behind. And I think that push was there. It is a foul - but not a foul that's enough for a penalty in that situation. That constellation turned my flippant remarks after the Düsseldorf game [see post #1908] into a bit of a boomerang."

DFB refereeing authorities and Müller have now called the decision a mistake, and I think that's fair. It's a classic case of "contact, but not enough for a pen" for me. I don't think it was a super outrageous mistake as such, but it has been amplified by the fact that it decided a high profile knockout game and wasn't checked despite VAR being available.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Müller is such a wanker. He has always been a prick like this but for.some reason got the media's darling treatment. Now that people are turning on him he instantly backtracks.

It's indeed weird that the DFB got involved and wronged the decision but the knee-jerk reaction from bayern fans "people care only because it was us" is hilarious. Biggest club in Germany yet still having a constant inferiority complex.