Bundesliga 2018/19

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
"offside - no goal" yet penalty is retaken.

Ok.
If you enter the box before you are allowed to, then the penalty gets retaken. The mistake was that the ref and the var said that Ribery got fouled.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
If you enter the box before you are allowed to, then the penalty gets retaken. The mistake was that the ref and the var said that Ribery got fouled.
I know that, I'm only referring to the message on tv about offside. Though, that actually might officially really be called offside for all I know.

Disgusting about not checking Ribery *foul*, indeed.

izec

The Ribery pen was embarrassing, it was never a foul. The defender was trying to get up and Ribery dives over him

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
First game of the season and Bayern wins because of a dive for a penalty. What a surprise:boring:
Now wait for all the Bayern Stans to rush in here to tell us how they're actually worse off according Wahre Tabelle or whatever.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
returned from the stadium. I saw a half of bad football, then 30 minutes of no football at all, and then a circus show. I wonder when the Bundesliga will begin :)

Still, the Allianz (or Stadion am Kurt-Landauer-Weg) looks dapper in its new outfit :) I got a red seat (woohoo!) and what the Südkurve did to the interior is nothing but stunning!

Karappa

Bundesliga is a waste of time. After the first game of the season I'm already inclined to not watch it anymore. Bayern get every doubtful decision in their favour (that Ribery's imitation of Neymar was rewarded with a penalty is unexplainable unless you think it's on purpose) and will be ahead by 10 points or more by the end of the calendar year. And the rest of the teams are just really average to bad which will be obvious when they embarrass the league in European competitions once more.

The downfall of German football is far from over: The World Cup has shown that their national team is in shambles, in no other country are there problems of this kind and magnitude with VAR and if players like Ribery and Robben who are close to 50 years old are the top players it says a lot about the league as a whole and how bad the rest has to be. Add to that the constant fan troubles/hooligan problems - especially in lower leagues - and it's obvious that things are only getting worse there in the months and years to come.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Bundesliga is a waste of time. After the first game of the season I'm already inclined to not watch it anymore. Bayern get every doubtful decision in their favour (that Ribery's imitation of Neymar was rewarded with a penalty is unexplainable unless you think it's on purpose) and will be ahead by 10 points or more by the end of the calendar year. And the rest of the teams are just really average to bad which will be obvious when they embarrass the league in European competitions once more.

The downfall of German football is far from over: The World Cup has shown that their national team is in shambles, in no other country are there problems of this kind and magnitude with VAR and if players like Ribery and Robben who are close to 50 years old are the top players it says a lot about the league as a whole and how bad the rest has to be. Add to that the constant fan troubles/hooligan problems - especially in lower leagues - and it's obvious that things are only getting worse there in the months and years to come.
Robben and Ribery are not the top players in the league. Can‘t remember when one of them even scored 10 goals in the league the last time.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Well, i hoped Hoffenheim would have hold on until the end, but Bayern just being Bayern. They don't tend to drop points in these games.

Karappa

Robben and Ribery are not the top players in the league. Can‘t remember when one of them even scored 10 goals in the league the last time.
Well, if goals are your measuring sticks the top player would be Lewandowski who is 30 already, too. And he showed at the latter stages of the CL and at the World Cup that internationally he's a pretty average player, too. Scoring loads of goals against small opponents in the Bundesliga and in qualifying for Poland but when the going gets tough he is invisible.

The Bundesliga has been falling behind for years now and the slide in country rankings as well as the comical outing by the national team at the World Cup were confirmations of that. But as no one in Germany is allowed to speak the truth about anything anymore problems are swept under the rug and never solved.

And that's not even going into Germany's rampant hooligan problems with fan clubs openly threatening the league and the German federation instead of talking to them, Hamburg fans almost burning down the stadium during the last game of last season, a relegation game being suspended because of riots in the stands and on and on the list goes...

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Well, if goals are your measuring sticks the top player would be Lewandowski who is 30 already, too. And he showed at the latter stages of the CL and at the World Cup that internationally he's a pretty average player, too. Scoring loads of goals against small opponents in the Bundesliga and in qualifying for Poland but when the going gets tough he is invisible.

The Bundesliga has been falling behind for years now and the slide in country rankings as well as the comical outing by the national team at the World Cup were confirmations of that. But as no one in Germany is allowed to speak the truth about anything anymore problems are swept under the rug and never solved.

And that's not even going into Germany's rampant hooligan problems with fan clubs openly threatening the league and the German federation instead of talking to them, Hamburg fans almost burning down the stadium during the last game of last season, a relegation game being suspended because of riots in the stands and on and on the list goes...
I have been a very vocal critic of the German NT in this thread and in other threads, but the problems are mostly structural and not the players. It‘s not like the 2000s where the NT is devoid of talent.

The top players in Bundesliga are

James
Lewandowski
Reus
Kimmich
Naldo
Thiago
Kruse

Robben and Ribery are not even close to these guys. They are behind Coman and Gnabry, it‘s just that those two are injured all the time.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
The season was not even 90 minutes old and we see the most absurd penalty that's ever likely to be given all season.

I've long posted about blatant favouritism to Bayern Munich from fearful match officials.

Again, I'm proven right.

Pointless watching Bayern.

Blackwidow

The season was not even 90 minutes old and we see the most absurd penalty that's ever likely to be given all season.

I've long posted about blatant favouritism to Bayern Munich from fearful match officials.

Again, I'm proven right.

Pointless watching Bayern.
I saw something different. I saw that another team can kick our wingers off the pitch unpunished. Hoffenheim should have been glad to go into the second half with 11 players.

I know - they are pussies - like Lewandowski last week with the Eintracht players who could do what they wanted without getting cards. That is why Coman is injured for the next 3 months...

sidsutton

Off topic but is it possible to get Bayern tickets near or on match day? I will be in Munich when they play Augsburg at home and if I could clear my schedule that evening I would love to go.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Off topic but is it possible to get Bayern tickets near or on match day? I will be in Munich when they play Augsburg at home and if I could clear my schedule that evening I would love to go.
I'll be in Munich then as well and got tickets for the game earlier though viagogo.com. I think you can still get tickets to the games there.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
I saw something different. I saw that another team can kick our wingers off the pitch unpunished. Hoffenheim should have been glad to go into the second half with 11 players.

I know - they are pussies - like Lewandowski last week with the Eintracht players who could do what they wanted without getting cards. That is why Coman is injured for the next 3 months...
Amen! How anyone can moan about the dumb penalty, when Coman got fouled time after time until he couldn't get up anymore is beyond me.

But I also don't get, why every penalty situation / dangerous free kick position isn't reviewed by the VAR.
That way diving would soon be a thing of the past. But that would probably be to logical for the DFB/DFL. Same as showing the god damn scene that is being reviewed in the stadium for the fans/players. How they could just implement the VAR so badly and not just copy from other sports like the NFL where it's been implemented for years is also beyond me.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That usage of VAR was pretty bad and I hope they get it worked out.
Am I too naive to want to hear a „it was no pen, let’s play on“ from Ribery? Probably.
I support Bayern, but don’t have a problem admitting that it was no penalty.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That was a terrible game that perfectly showcased everything that’s wrong with German football right now. We just finished the World Cup, where there was next to no controversy regarding the VAR. It took the DFB only a few minutes to feck it up again. Whatever these guys do to train the refs, it doesn’t work one bit. German refereeing is a complete trainwreck. That penalty sucked any joy out of the win for me.
Hoffenheim were interesting to watch. Tactically they were far superior to us. But they were just far too bad individually, to do anything with that tactical superiority.
We were horrible throughout. Next to no scoring opportunities from open play. Ribery was bad, Robben a complete disaster. Our build up was slow. Our counters were even slower. When we had the ball in midfield, there was no plan at all to advance it through the middle. Just pass it to the wing. On the left, Ribery needs Alaba to do the hard work for him and on the right it’s all Kimmich. Coman was the only positive on this evening and he’s out for quite some time now.

German football is fecked for now. Those were two of its best teams playing and it was terrible. No speed, no creativity, no surprising moments. Just some slow play and a lot of bad refereeing and discussions.
I know why I‘m not looking forward to the season. La Liga, Serie A and the PL are miles ahead of this league. And most sadly, Bayern are getting worse with every game and won’t be able to mask the leagues shortcomings any further.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
That was a terrible game that perfectly showcased everything that’s wrong with German football right now. We just finished the World Cup, where there was next to no controversy regarding the VAR. It took the DFB only a few minutes to feck it up again. Whatever these guys do to train the refs, it doesn’t work one bit. German refereeing is a complete trainwreck. That penalty sucked any joy out of the win for me.
Hoffenheim were interesting to watch. Tactically they were far superior to us. But they were just far too bad individually, to do anything with that tactical superiority.
We were horrible throughout. Next to no scoring opportunities from open play. Ribery was bad, Robben a complete disaster. Our build up was slow. Our counters were even slower. When we had the ball in midfield, there was no plan at all to advance it through the middle. Just pass it to the wing. On the left, Ribery needs Alaba to do the hard work for him and on the right it’s all Kimmich. Coman was the only positive on this evening and he’s out for quite some time now.

German football is fecked for now. Those were two of its best teams playing and it was terrible. No speed, no creativity, no surprising moments. Just some slow play and a lot of bad refereeing and discussions.
I know why I‘m not looking forward to the season. La Liga, Serie A and the PL are miles ahead of this league. And most sadly, Bayern are getting worse with every game and won’t be able to mask the leagues shortcomings any further.
I have no idea what match you watched. In what world was Hoffenheim tactically superior? It was typical underdog football and consisted of hacking our players down. It's also kind of weird of you to say Ribery was bad despite the fact that he overall had a good game, made some smart plays and created quite some pressure with Alaba (and how is Alaba doing the "hard work"? It's always Ribery that gets him in positions due to the fact that he still draws 2-3 defenders to himself).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have been a very vocal critic of the German NT in this thread and in other threads, but the problems are mostly structural and not the players. It‘s not like the 2000s where the NT is devoid of talent.

The top players in Bundesliga are

James
Lewandowski
Reus
Kimmich
Naldo
Thiago
Kruse

Robben and Ribery are not even close to these guys. They are behind Coman and Gnabry, it‘s just that those two are injured all the time.
Naldo? The 36 year old defender? Or is there a new one..

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I love the whataboutery of Bayern fans on here who believe that getting hacked elsewhere on the pitch (always the victims Bayern) justifies them receiving a non existent penalty from timid referees scared of Hoeness & Rummenigge.

Devil may care

Lots of VAR drama in the Bayern/Hoffenheim game, but in that second half I thought Hoffenheim played well. I thought VAR got both calls right but should have called for a look at the penalty as Ribery bought it.

Shame about Coman, at first I thought it was just a knock but then you could see he seemed to be crying, 3 months sounds like maybe a ligament tear in the ankle, Bayern need to get some stretchers though, he had to hobble up all those steps to get to the dressing room..

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
A Bayern penalty is saved (from a penalty that wasn't) and they are awarded with a retake for an offence committed by one of their own players (Robben for encroaching).
All occurring because Bayern are ten minutes away from drawing at home.

Welcome to the Bundesliga.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
I love the whataboutery of Bayern fans on here who believe that getting hacked elsewhere on the pitch (always the victims Bayern) justifies them receiving a non existent penalty from timid referees scared of Hoeness & Rummenigge.
You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

No one is saying that it was a penalty. The consensus is that the DFB/DFL need to make the VAR work - and fast. Why the situation (and every possible penalty) wasn't looked at again with the VAR I can't tell you, as it doesn't make sense.

That doesn't change the fact that one of the most promising young players in the Bundesliga was fouled until he couldn't get up anymore. And guess what - if Dortmund had played against Hoffenheim and Sancho or Pulisic had been fouled at virtually every second run down the wing until they had to get carried off the pitch I would have been pissed off, too. Especially if a player like Pulisic, Sancho, Reus or Rebic just came back from an injury on his ankle and got injured by a sliding tackle from the side that went "through" both his feet/ankles.

But in general we can say that the referees did a bad job last night. The referee gave a penalty that was no penalty and didn't even ask the VAR to check up on it. But the referee also did not communicate to the Hoffenheim players properly that they should start playing fairly or see their players sent off the pitch, if they continue to try and kick other players off the pitch.