Bundesliga 2018/19

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well if Bürki and Akanji, two of the most consistent performers this season, ship away the goals it's hard to explain what's happening.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He has mostly been good this season.
He's made a number of costly errors in the second half of the season, he isn't good enough for title winners. Not a keeper you can always trust or have faith in, though he will win you some points but he'll also continue to cost points as well.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Shouldn’t Bremen have gotten a penalty as well? Don’t understand VAR giving one against Bayern but not against Dortmund today. #Conspiracy

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's made a number of costly errors in the second half of the season, he isn't good enough for title winners. Not a keeper you can always trust or have faith in, though he will win you some points but he'll also continue to cost points as well.
When? The ones I remember were against Hertha and today. Only the latter ended up costing them points and between them he's been a life saver. I don't think Dortmund could expect to just buy an upgrade.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
When? The ones I remember were against Hertha and today. Only the latter ended up costing them points and between them he's been a life saver. I don't think Dortmund could expect to just buy an upgrade.
Bürki has been mostly excellent this season. The backline is more of a problem a mixture of injuries, inexperience and lack of form.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I can't remember which games exactly but I do remember him conceding goals which he should have saved. Dortmund can't buy an upgrade, yes, but he's not a great keeper and will continue to cost them points, he's on the level of Leno at most.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
They're lucky the haven't lost. Werder should have been awarded a pen after the Gotze handball - yet var ruled it out :lol:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Shouldn’t Bremen have gotten a penalty as well? Don’t understand VAR giving one against Bayern but not against Dortmund today. #Conspiracy
All decisions are against Werder.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm not happy with Dortmund's performance and the result, seems we're not getting a race until the last day, and no different champion. Pizzarro is a legend though

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
All decisions are against Werder.
Only saw the Götze handball and the Bayern game. If Boateng gets a penalty against him then Götze should get one against him as well.
Image the outcry had it been the other way around.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Its Bürki's 4th season for Dortmund and overall he has been average at best. He is good enough if Dortmund is content with finishing top4 while playing a peripheral role in the CL. He is not good enough for anything beyond that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were looking unusually defensively secure first half of the season.

Back to normal since the winter break.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To be fair they have had a lot of injuries in defense.
True, Witsel was looking a really good signing anchoring infront of the back 4 but ultimately hasn't made as much change in key part of the season.

Edit: I think Spurs smashing them in a 50/50 CL tie affected them a fair bit, lost 10% in Bundesliga afterwards.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
True, Witsel was looking a really good signing anchoring infront of the back 4 but ultimately hasn't made as much change in key part of the season.

Edit: I think Spurs smashing them in a 50/50 CL tie affected them a fair bit, lost 10% in Bundesliga afterwards.
They were already in bad form leading up to the match, I think they had lost a couple of BL matches and then lost to Bremen in the DFB Cup before their fixture with Spurs.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Its Bürki's 4th season for Dortmund and overall he has been average at best. He is good enough if Dortmund is content with finishing top4 while playing a peripheral role in the CL. He is not good enough for anything beyond that.
Would have agreed last summer, but this season he has made a pretty big leap, so the average of those 4 seasons doesn't really reflect his current level imo. Couldn't see today's game, and that mistake surely tarnishes it a bit. But if he can continue to play at this season's level next year, Dortmund would have a hard time finding a better and more consistent keeper.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would have agreed last summer, but this season he has made a pretty big leap, so the average of those 4 seasons doesn't really reflect his current level imo. Couldn't see today's game, and that mistake surely tarnishes it a bit. But if he can continue to play at this season's level next year, Dortmund would have a hard time finding a better and more consistent keeper.
It was a Horrendous error, not the error where you can say he maybe should've done better. It was a shot a kid should've saved.

The second goal as well I think he could've done better with. It was straight at him but he flayed his arms in a dramatic fashion and ball went past him.