Bundesliga 2018/19

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Havertz just tied an age-old Bundesliga record for most goals scored as a teenager. He's now at 24 goals (17 this season), an amazing feat for a midfielder.
Brandt, Draxler and Werner all had 13 goals at that time, no one got higher than that in the past 30 years.
I would love to know how many of his goals were 1-0 goals or equalizer, always seems to get important goals for Leverkusen. What a fecking star! :drool: Come on keep that lead and UCL spot!

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I would love to know how many of his goals were 1-0 goals or equalizer, always seems to get important goals for Leverkusen. What a fecking star! :drool: Come on keep that lead and UCL spot!
Scored the first goal of the match 10 times
Scored 4 more goals that gave his team the lead
Scored 3 equalizers

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Frankfurt bring on Haller and he scores within five minutes.

Guy is made for premier league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That lasted long....usual Kevin Trapp error.

Edit: From the replay didn't realise he was stretching. Still needs to push out wide rather than straight back into six yard box.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ffs Frankfurt, had hope for just a second. Gone any chances now :(

Oh well, atleast Leverkusen are going to the UCL.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
What a goal by Ribery.
Only thing needed is a Robben cut in and shoot goal

Look at Ullis reaction

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What a goal by Ribery.
Only thing needed is a Robben cut in and shoot goal

Look at Ullis reaction
I might not be happy with Bayern winning but I would certainly love both Ribery and Robben scoring, and then lifting the trophy together.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mainz comeback vs Hoffenheim and brings Frankfurt into European spots

Would have been brutal for Frankfurt to miss Europe

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What a moment to see Ribery, Robben and Rafinha lift the title.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A worthy last appearance for both Ribery and Robben. You don't have to like them, but what legendary kickers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Bayern has their worst season in close to a decade and they still win the title. Joke of a league.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I despise Bayern but Ribery and Robben scoring like that after they both got subbed on while they win the title was a fantastic moment, think no football fan can deny that.
How do 5th and 6th differ in regards to at what point the teams enter the EL? Labbadia was motivating his team to score another after the last one, surely he must have known that Leverkusen were winning so it wasnt about 4th place.

sh4d

True, but well, that *is* the core of the job, quite literally. You can't do it, you're not the man for the job.
I was pointing out that managing Bayern isn't just "show for work, get trophy" like most people think. It absolutely is a pivotal segment of his job. But he didn't really show he can't do it, did he ?

No Bayern team ever has been any coaches "own team". Its not how this works here. Very few exceptions recently.. Van Gaal brought two players of his own choice (both of whom failed), even Pep did get Thiago only as a personal courtesy, but, for example, hey sold Kroos off against his exoressed wishes.
Well at that level you don't really show up with a list of players you want and get them. The improvements are usually worth north of 50mil and you get what you can. But you need to spend and spend big. Almost nothing was spent when Kovac arrived. However, money signings will be made before the next season as we've seen, that will show us what Kovac is doing here.

What did they (LVG, Guardiola) do ? Win the league and an occasional cup ? I know you're not about results (huh?) but Kovac did the same thing with no spending and a team mostly on it's way out. Hell, he didn't even get to play the "Robbery" for most of the season and the legendary goalkeeper was out as well. In CL he was eliminated by probable winners.

Apart from Kimmich and to an extent Gnabry and Goretzka, the team has stalled if not walked backward in its entirety. We did have coaches in LvG and Pep, where one could observe players improving, sometimes overachieving. Under Kovac, i see them underachieving.
But those 3 you mention are approaching their prime and are players the team should be building upon. The rest are either veterans on their way out or basically teenagers. Who do you think is underachieving under Kovac that is supposed to be the Bayern future ? Kovac actually has a decent track record in both the Croatian national team and Frankfurt or making young players reach the next step. I thought that was one of the main reasons he was appointed.

I don't care about young, i wouldn't even care about titles not won. I care about how the team shows up on the pitch, annd this has been a major disappointment all season with all too few exceptions. Over the last year, there were several reports of members of the team expressing their frustration about Kovac's lack of a clear game plan and the way the training is done. This doesn't sound as if some dressing room dramaqueens just hated his guts, to me it looks a lot like they miss being lead by a really good coach, they know what it is like, and this is not it.
Yeah i call that media bullshit. If the atmosphere was that bad, the results would have been much worse. Of course there were unhappy players, there always is. Rodriguez was probably the biggest one. But honestly, he sucks ass and Bayern is better of without him in the team. He has shown feck all since becoming famous in the WC, has one good game in 20 appearances. And Bayern is full of old veteran players that have been through it all and are gonna have a conservative stance to a new, non high profile manager. I honestly think Kovac navigated this season as good as i expected if not a bit higher.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Bundesliga Team of Season?

My selection would be

-----------------Pavlenka----------------
Kimmich-Hummels-Konate-Halstenberg
------------------Witsel------------------
---------Havertz------Brandt------------
Sancho-------Lewandowski--------Reus

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

My selection would be

If we ignore that Reus actually played in the center that looks about right, though some might argue that Brandt wasn't impressive at all during the first half of the season.

After yesterday's match Völler reiterated that there won't be any discussions about Havertz's immediate future.
While "We haven't given up hope, because he knows what he has here" sounds to me like Brandt is gone.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'd also say Hazard had a better season all in all than Sancho, although his second half was far less impressive than the first.
(He also was instrumental to me winning my FF league for the first time :D)

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd also say Hazard had a better season all in all than Sancho, although his second half was far less impressive than the first.
What?
Sancho has consistently delivered all season long, looking at the team above he's a strong contender for player of the season.
Hazard on the other hand was basically afk since the winter break and despite being Gladbach's penalty taker his numbers get dwarfed by Sancho's as well.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

My selection would be

Doesn't look bad. I can't really comment on the Leipzig players since I don't really watch any of their matches. Gulacsi seems to have had a great season and might replace Pavlenka. A lot of the rest seem nailed on. A distinct lack of Frankfurt players, maybe Haller could replace Brandt?

I might be a bit biased here but that is laughable to me. Sancho was consistently irreplacable for Dortmund while I am really not looking forward to Hazard joining them right now. Seems really inconsistent.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Doesn't look bad. I can't really comment on the Leipzig players since I don't really watch any of their matches. Gulacsi seems to have had a great season and might replace Pavlenka. A lot of the rest seem nailed on. A distinct lack of Frankfurt players, maybe Haller could replace Brandt?

I might be a bit biased here but that is laughable to me. Sancho was consistently irreplacable for Dortmund while I am really not looking forward to Hazard joining them right now. Seems really inconsistent.
Yea very true, I forgot about Haller because of his absence in the latter half of the season but 15 goals and 9 assists is fantastic. But would Haller be suited to a midfield role in a 4-1-2-3 given that he played in a 3-5-2 with defensive support behind him?

In any case Haller did have a better season than Brandt.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yea very true, I forgot about Haller because of his absence in the latter half of the season but 15 goals and 9 assists is fantastic. But would Haller be suited to a midfield role in a 4-1-2-3 given that he played in a 3-5-2 with defensive support behind him?

In any case Haller did have a better season than Brandt.
To be honest I didn't focus on team tactics too much and more on players springing to mind when thinking about the best of the season. Reus on the wing did make it look like that was the theme anyways :wenger:
Simply looking at performances Haller and Jovic deserve a shout in my opinion. Maybe Pléa as well. Unfortunately it is always hard to judge the consistency of defensive players in teams you don't follow closely since their great moments rarely turn up in highlights. While all Dortmund defenders had great spells at some point in the season none of them didit with a consistency that warrants a spot.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Paderborn:

13/14 promoted to Bundesliga
14/15 relegated from Bundesliga
15/16 relegated from 2. Bundesliga
16/17 relegated from 3. Liga - only to be saved by 1860 Munich not being able to obtain a Licence
17/18 promoted to 2. Bundesliga
18/19 promoted to Bundesliga

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Paderborn:

16/17 relegated from 3. Liga - only to be saved by 1860 Munich not being able to obtain a Licence
Interesting times

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What?
Sancho has consistently delivered all season long, looking at the team above he's a strong contender for player of the season.
Hazard on the other hand was basically afk since the winter break and despite being Gladbach's penalty taker his numbers get dwarfed by Sancho's as well.
Well, I followed the Bundesliga more closely in the first half of the season, and there Hazard was one of, if not the best player in the league. Haven't watched as much after Dortmund blew their lead.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Most xG models I've seen have Hoffenheim comfortably in the CL ranks in terms of xPTS, which seemed kind of curious since they finished 9th in the end, 7 points behind 4th.

But after seeing this tweet it seems pretty clear why.

Making top 4 three times in a row, while constantly losing his best attackers would've been an insane achievement for Nagelsmann.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Dortmund signs Nico Schultz. Destroying the opponent and the league..

No that only applies when Bayern buys Pavard from relegation bound Stuttgart

Big Andy

Bloke
Paderborn:

They were lucky Union Berlin had an off day and only drew 2-2 on the last day...