Bundesliga Gameweek 26 | #Footback keep this thread football only (Covid free zone)

Dave_MUFC

I'm normally massively into any European football matches, generally following teams in Italy, Spain, Germany, France etc. If there's football to be played, I'll watch it!

Unfortunately dont think I'll be specifically taking time out of my day to watch any teams apart from United, unless some sort of atmosphere is added. Yesterday's Dortmund match just felt a bit flat, and when good build up or goals are scored, you think "Good goal, that", but move on straight away.

I found it felt more like pre season, where your mind drifts, and you find yourself doing other things, just with it in the background.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm normally massively into any European football matches, generally following teams in Italy, Spain, Germany, France etc. If there's football to be played, I'll watch it!

Unfortunately dont think I'll be specifically taking time out of my day to watch any teams apart from United, unless some sort of atmosphere is added. Yesterday's Dortmund match just felt a bit flat, and when good build up or goals are scored, you think "Good goal, that", but move on straight away.

I found it felt more like pre season, where your mind drifts, and you find yourself doing other things, just with it in the background.
Yeah, I suspect this is the best way to watch it - it's how I did.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There's probably not a single soul on here watching it, but today's 2nd Bundesliga matches have been amazing drama, even without the crowd.

Bielefeld concede the 1:1 well over the initial stoppage time, Hamburg turn a 0-1 into a 2-1, only to concede the 2-2 with the last kick of the game, Stuttgart equalize in the 85th minute against a relegation candidate, but get VAR'd at 90+6.
That's the entire top 3 dropping points in the dying seconds of their games.

Cologne vs Mainz about to kick off now, Premier League legend Ji in the starting lineup.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've not missed commentators moaning about VAR. They think because the stadium is empty it should be somehow faster :houllier:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
There's probably not a single soul on here watching it, but today's 2nd Bundesliga matches have been amazing drama, even without the crowd.

Bielefeld concede the 1:1 well over the initial stoppage time, Hamburg turn a 0-1 into a 2-1, only to concede the 2-2 with the last kick of the game, Stuttgart equalize in the 85th minute against a relegation candidate, but get VAR'd at 90+6.
That's the entire top 3 dropping points in the dying seconds of their games.

Cologne vs Mainz about to kick off now, Premier League legend Ji in the starting lineup.
It took the ref eleven minutes to decide the VaR? What happened in the 95th minute?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
FYI that has been Uth's 5th goal (plus 4 assists) in his 8th game for Cologne. Schalke loaned him out (for free - apparently) in the winter break. Cologne reportedly have a €10m buy option, but probably won't have the money due to Covid-19.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It took the ref eleven minutes to decide the VaR? What happened in the 95th minute?
Stuttgart's 85th minute equalizer and SVWW's 90+6th minute winner were two seperate situations, perhaps I worded it badly.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
FYI that has been Uth's 5th goal (plus 4 assists) in his 8th game for Cologne. Schalke loaned him out (for free - apparently) in the winter break. Cologne reportedly have a €10m buy option, but probably won't have the money due to Covid-19.
It's ironic how so many players suddenly become better after leaving Schalke (Embolo at Gladbach as well). Uth was really good at Hoffenheim before joining Schalke as well so it wasn't as if this form is outside of what is expected from him.

Schalke are just a horrible club.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's ironic how so many players suddenly become better after leaving Schalke (Embolo at Gladbach as well). Uth was really good at Hoffenheim before joining Schalke as well so it wasn't as if this form is outside of what is expected from him.

Schalke are just a horrible club.
Nagelsmann and Rose are proper modern coaches who create cohesive systems. Meanwhile Schalke change coaches every year, DoFs every three year and the closest thing they have to a club philosophy is their 1996 "Eurofighter" team. It's no surprise a lot of players run into trouble there.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Don't think I'll ever get used to BCD matches.

The lack of an atmosphere and that 'tinny' sound similar to England friendlies that draw in little to no fans just don't do it for me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looked a pretty soft pen to be honest.
I mean Uth is through on goal (thanks to that very sweet first touch) then the defender just bumps into his side, no chance of getting the ball, a bit of contact with the foot as well. At that point Uth probably decides it's best to go down and take the pen, but it was a foul either way to me.

fps

Without all the idiots in the crowd going berserk (you know the ones, not the supporters, the ones who have their whole lives invested in a bunch of strangers) it just doesn't really matter in the same way. It's actually quite refreshing.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I mean Uth is through on goal (thanks to that very sweet first touch) then the defender just bumps into his side, no chance of getting the ball, a bit of contact with the foot as well. At that point Uth probably decides it's best to go down and take the pen, but it was a foul either way to me.
Yeah, clear pen.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Nagelsmann and Rose are proper modern coaches who create cohesive systems. Meanwhile Schalke change coaches every year, DoFs every three year and the closest thing they have to a club philosophy is their 1996 "Eurofighter" team. It's no surprise a lot of players run into trouble there.
Yea when you look at the players they've produced over the years it's insane to think the of the lack of success they've had (I think just one DFB cup under Rangnick). There are some players who left at the right time such as Sane, Ozil, Neuer and some who stayed too long and stagnated at the chaotic club like Draxler, Howedes and Meyer.

You can make a very good XI of players who came through in the last 10-15 years and could theoretically still be together in one team.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really enjoyable second half between Koln and Mainz, the first time I've semi forgot about there being no crowd.

Hopefully we will see more games like this as players fitness builds back up, especially when title, CL and relegation races hot up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Really poor and selfish by Muller.
The Nani special. But to be fair the ball was going to the far post, so there is a chance he wasn't sure whether it would go in on its own.

Ace Krampus

Nice to just hear the sounds, but I haven't been watching "regular" television so I haven't seen a commercial since March. The commercials at halftime were all like "Quicken Loans is here for you during these challenging times." Have all the commercials been like this? Ye gods.

11reds

Kai Havertz and Moussa Diaby look two very good players. Diaby looks like he is playing on right side of midfield and looks good so far in tonight's game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Kai Havertz and Moussa Diaby look two very good players. Diaby looks like he is playing on right side of midfield and looks good so far in tonight's game.
Diaby was at PSG wasn't he? Leverkusen was also great at picking up young players and developing them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Havertz just got that graceful air when he's in possesion, can see why he's so highly rated.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Diaby has been really good in the new year, he usually plays on the left and it seems both he and Wirtz are shifting flanks.

11reds

Diaby was at PSG wasn't he? Leverkusen was also great at picking up young players and developing them.
Diaby has been really good in the new year, he usually plays on the left and it seems both he and Wirtz are shifting flanks.
Really like Diaby so far. Looks like he has serious potential to go to a higher level. Hopefully United are scouting him, we have been so poor at right wing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is the jamaican dude bailey overrated or just struggling a bit at the moment?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bremen look well short of fitness compared to pretty much other Bundesliga match I've watched this weekend.

Not good for them in their relegation battle. Incredible we could have them, Stuttgart and Hamburg in Bundesliga 2 next season, these were top 6 teams a decade ago.

Blackwidow

Stadiumspeaker in the halftime break:
We say "thanks" to the 42100 fans for staying at home. Thanks for your support!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's more of an impact sub these days so progress has stalled although he'll probably still be linked with a 60m move to Chelsea next week.

Still worth a punt for a mid table premier league club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's more of an impact sub these days so progress has stalled although he'll probably still be linked with a 60m move to Chelsea next week.

Still worth a punt for a mid table premier league club.
He's playing alot on the left wing now isnt he and left footed whilst i remember him as having a stature of more of a forward than a creator of chances. Il keep an eye on how he progresses. thanks!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He was overrated. Ability-wise he's fine (though not as good as was hyped) but his decision making is atrocious. I also can't see any development whatsoever. Paulinho, Diaby, Wirtz, Palacios, Tapsoba, Brandt and Tah all are more talented players than Bailey ever was, if you ask me. He still has time, but right now, I'm totally fine with him leaving us next season.