Burnley's goal keeping coach Craig Mawson joins United

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
*David De Gea goes through run of poor form

United: where’s that guy who coaches Joe Hart?

binary bot
Is he the guy behind Tom Heaton becoming Schimeichel against us?¹

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Can't argue about signing the bloke who made Heaton and Pope into England keepers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Exactly what I was going to say. It's like they were in denial until the hard evidence of a training ground pick surfaced :lol:
To be fair, we should have been as cautious with Obi Mikel.

Kag

Where are all of the nutters from the DOF, Woodward and Haaland threads at tonight? We need somebody to dissect the club’s recruitment strategy and pretend as if they were sitting in on the interview process.

I will wait.

0le

Where are all of the nutters from the DOF, Woodward and Haaland threads at tonight? We need somebody to dissect the club’s recruitment strategy and pretend as if they were sitting in on the interview process.

I will wait.
Alternatively, are you suggesting that the club does not need a DoF based on the only evidence being that we signed a goalkeeper coach?

Kag

Alternatively, are you suggesting that the club does not need a DoF based on the only evidence being that we signed a goalkeeper coach?
I’m not, because that is not what I said. Interesting inference.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
In fairness as a club Burnley need a good goalkeeper/coaching of that position.
He must be decent as a coach and he aint coming in to replace someone we lost.

See it as a positive!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
"Burnley has been a big part of my life and I have built a real affinity with the club,” said Mawson as reported by Burnley FC.

“I thoroughly enjoyed all my time there as a player and a coach, and I am extremely grateful to Billy Mercer and all the Academy staff I have worked with.

"I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me and for the perfect grounding they have provided me with.

"But this was an opportunity that I couldn’t let pass. To have this chance to work in a senior position at a club of Manchester United’s standing is a fantastic opportunity and one I’m delighted to take.

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/12/craig-mawson-joins-manchester-united.html

Fastnet Red

I hope he coaches De Gea to save a penalty.............Deeney sends his down the middle.....the whole world knew it except Dave!

Classical Mechanic

*David De Gea goes through run of poor form

United: where’s that guy who coaches Joe Hart?
Funnily enough, Nick Pope reminds me of De Gea more than any other keeper in the league. Awesome shot stopper that uses his legs a lot but is crap passer. If you look at Burnley's xG when they finshed in the Europa League places in 17/18, Pope was probably the biggest single factor in that achievement.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2017

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Based on that article, he'll train the first team Gks. Two coaches for 3 Gks?

But meh.. it's just a coach anyway.
I was thinking that but in the end two heads are better than one. And realistically they must have other responsibilities too, taking the odd session with the academy and stuff.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Funnily enough, Nick Pope reminds me of De Gea more than any other keeper in the league. Awesome shot stopper that uses his legs a lot but is crap passer. If you look at Burnley's xG when they finshed in the Europa League places in 17/18, Pope was probably the biggest single factor in that achievement.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2017
Is DDG a crap passer? He picks 'safety first' moreso than some of the best keepers with their feet, but when he chooses to pass it out, he's been pretty good of late.

Can he play right wing?

I assume this means our January budget has gone on this guy.

(can’t be bothered to white text it...)

Le Red

Is DDG a crap passer? He picks 'safety first' moreso than some of the best keepers with their feet, but when he chooses to pass it out, he's been pretty good of late.
Did you watch the last game? He was horrendous with his feet. As per usual.