Burnley's goal keeping coach Craig Mawson joins United

Le Red

Is it an extended crisis, or has he just found his level, on his day one of the best around, but always prone to a serious blooper - not sure a good/bad coach will change him much at this stage of his career.
I think that the blunder in the WC deeply scarred his confidence. I remember Júlio César going through the same.
I believe it can be improved by coaching, if the coach is able to work the mentality of the player along with the technique.
As for teaching an old dog new tricks, I believe there's always something to learn, specially in a profession that makes you retire in your thirties, which doesn't give you enough time to learn and mature all the tricks of the trade.

Fletchageddon

How the mighty have fallen. Hiring a guy from Burnley.
Why can't he be good if he's from Burnley? Would you have hired SAF even though he was only from Aberdeen? What about Roy Keane? He only came from Forest. Cantona only played at Leeds. Actually when you look at it like that we really have failed at our recruitment in general...

fps

Why can't he be good if he's from Burnley? Would you have hired SAF even though he was only from Aberdeen? What about Roy Keane? He only came from Forest. Cantona only played at Leeds. Actually when you look at it like that we really have failed at our recruitment in general...
It is another ridiculous comment on a forum which seems to be full of them.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think that the blunder in the WC deeply scarred his confidence. I remember Júlio César going through the same.
I believe it can be improved by coaching, if the coach is able to work the mentality of the player along with the technique.
As for teaching an old dog new tricks, I believe there's always something to learn, specially in a profession that makes you retire in your thirties, which doesn't give you enough time to learn and mature all the tricks of the trade.
Organising/positioning/closing angles you can coach, but not sure you can coach bravery, and that's what he needs to take him to the next level if he's to stay in the Premier League, if he went back to Spain, or tried Italy or France he'd be fine as he is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is it an extended crisis, or has he just found his level, on his day one of the best around, but always prone to a serious blooper - not sure a good/bad coach will change him much at this stage of his career.
He wasn’t always prone to a serious blooper, that’s why he was one of the best around.

Ban

Exactly.

dev1l

I didn't know this place was full of experts on goalkeeper coaches :)
Let him work in peace and judge him later

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I didn't know this place was full of experts on goalkeeper coaches :)
Let him work in peace and judge him later
This place is the place for experts. There are: experienced coaches, a DOF, more than a few world class players and journalists