Cadiz vs Manchester United | Match Thread

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Think the kids have done a great job. They have the chemistry the first 10 didn’t have, but are short on the physical side.

In Rainbows

It is hard to see any of these young player becoming first team players.
That should always be the expectation. You (not saying you specifically) should never assume these young players will become great. They only present a chance at maybe 1 or 2 becoming first team players. And that's only a chance.

mu4c_20le

He is not a PL player. He has never shown anything at all to even suggest he is a PL player. I can't believe someone would look at him and think "Oh yeah, he has a chance to make it here". He is young and fast. Players like this are a dime a dozen.
Like your idol Rangnick? :wenger:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Folks, another reminder that this is a friendly (for youngsters) against a La Liga side. No need to get worked up like RAWKites

Lyng

Think the kids have done a great job. They have the chemistry the first 10 didn’t have, but are short on the physical side.
Yeah. Good for them to get some experience against a la liga side. No need for all this doom and gloom

Telsim

It is hard to see any of these young player becoming first team players.
All but a select few of the academy players will ever have a chance at making it. Something a lot of people have trouble understanding. The vast majority will not become Manchester United players or even PL players. It's just how it is.

LordSpud

I think its cute as hell the Cadiz lot strutting about because they've beaten Manchester United. Arguing with the kids, putting shithouse tackles in, proper celebrating the goals and treating it like a proper cup final. Fair play to them.

mu4c_20le

Selection born out of desperation.
He was his favourite player and to be fair to RR, got a tune out of him. You can say he isn't and won't be good enough for our level, but to say he is worse than every single PL player is ridiculous.

Full time

RedDevilQuebecois

Very rough day at the office, I see.

That being said and based on what I could read here and there, the lack of urgency from the very few fringes (Donny, Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, McTominay) with decent first-team experience is a concern.

CallyRed

So embarrassing this.

No one will want to buy the club.

Disaster. We’ve missed a real opportunity to showcase ourselves to the best investors. Only an idiot would pick United over Liverpool now.
We will end up with Mike Ashley with performances like this

Zlatans Knee

Mainoo has got it. I think Jurado has a chance. The rest of the youngsters have clearly been overrated. Some of Shoretire’s passing leaves a bit to be desired.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thought Mainoo and Shola looked a level about the rest of the kids during that second half. Cadiz faded second half, possibly because of the lack of changes and match fitness, still it was good to see our youngsters keep going. Especially with one or two looking like they might be ready for football above junior level.

Hester_manc

All but a select few of the academy players will ever have a chance at making it. Something a lot of people have trouble understanding. The vast majority will not become Manchester United players or even PL players. It's just how it is.
I know. But it is hard to see that any of these players will ever be good enough for United. But we will just have to wait and see.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hopefully this one is used as a good learning experience in a couple of ways.

A few will have had their eyes opened at how small the margins for error are in senior football at a good level, and maybe even more helpfully, one or two who might already feel they've made it just by being in United's youth team will have been given a bit of a wake up call.

Rustyspider13

Good effort from the lads. What impressed me most is that they didn't panic in defense when pressured, didn't resort to long balls, kept playing the way they knew, even after the mistake. Individually, Mainoo, Emeran and Shoretire caught my eye. Savage disappointed me a bit, thought he looked much calmer in pre-season.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Cadiz only lost to Madrid 2-1 before the break some of you think we are playing Accrington Stanley or something
Aye, a bunch of seasoned regulars at a Spanish club. They are better than our not even reserve side plus 1 first team starter.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
A loss was to be expected. Rather interesting to see which players stand out positively and negatively. Cadiz is easily better than our B/C team.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Thought Mainoo and Shola looked a level about the rest of the kids during that second half. Cadiz faded second half, possibly because of the lack of changes and match fitness, still it was good to see our youngsters keep going. Especially with one or two looking like they might be ready for football above junior level.
Add Hansen-Aarøen who I thought pressed brilliantly and I agree. Jurado is also very good technically and really composed on the ball.