Cadiz vs Manchester United | Match Thread

nemanjaa

Technically the kids only lost 2-1 that second half, same as vastly more experienced 1st half team. Today the worst players probably Wan Bissaka, Elanga and Donny.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I kind of like Tyler Fredrikson. Super poised on the ball, good passing game. Manchester kid.

Remember that some of these guys only are 17 y/o with kids who might be growing for 2-3 more years.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Hang on…a bunch of 17 year-olds playing their first ever senior game…coming on at HT losing the match…playing against seasoned adults…and people look at 45 mins and say they aren’t good enough.

Obviously many won’t make it at United as history tells us that…but to right them off immediately shows how little some people know about football development.

90% of young players have incredibly average and modest debuts, they learn and grow then mature into potential first team players.

Patience is always key…and of course support than than criticism.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Add Hansen-Aarøen who I thought pressed brilliantly and I agree. Jurado is also very good technically and really composed on the ball.
True. Looks like Isak has put on a bit of weight. He was pretty lightweight last season but he got about the bigger players today. Jurado a good shout too.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Blackett was atrocious from the get go. He only got in due to having a left foot. I don't think Elanga is not good enough at all for United, but at the same time atleast he shows some talent unlike the likes of Blackett and Donald Love.
What are these "some talent" he showed?

Gavinb33

Hang on…a bunch of 17 year-olds playing their first ever senior game…coming on at HT losing the match…playing against seasoned adults…and people look at 45 mins and say they aren’t good enough.

Obviously many won’t make it at United as history tells us that…but to right them off immediately shows how little some people know about football development.

90% of young players have incredibly average and modest debuts, they learn and grow then mature into potential first team players.

Absolutely this well said

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

People are stupid cnuts

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I have patience for the kids but none for the first teamers

Black Alabaster

Mengi, Bernard, Fredricson all did ok at the back and looked fairly calm and composed, happy with those minutes for them. Jurado battled too and did well apart from switching off on that whipped cross.

Mainoo & Iqbal head and shoulders above the rest showing technical composure and decision making, should be in contention for a few minutes in real games for sure. Shoretire & Hansen-Aoren showed some good flashes too so just the usual suspects really.

Savage was a bit selfish with his shooting and then also lacking composure at the back giving away the 4th, him and the rest of the lads I think showed they are still some way off.

Hope we ship Elanga on loan to the championship if we are able to, the kid needs to be playing week in week out it to refine his game because he has something but has just been thrown in too early. He is looking like a bit of a pace merchant at the moment but he has more in his locker, needs to get 90 minutes consistently to kick on.

Reactions: Crackers

RedDevilQuebecois

I have patience for the kids but none for the first teamers
Indeed. People have more legitimate cause for being disappointed when it came to most of the more seasoned individuals who started the match today. Donny and Wan Bissaka play like they don't want to be there, Lindelof doesn't have the bottle to lead a back 4, and McTominay just has basically no future as a midfielder (perhaps as a backup striker or a defender though).

Elanga clearly needs minutes in the Championship as well.

Chairman Steve

Dunno how you could even take this result seriously. I‘m guessing we probably played Cadiz’s best team (none of whom probably went to the World Cup) who just wanted the match fitness and the opportunity to have United play at their place and we went into it with a view to getting some of the senior guys fit and getting a look in some youth players?

klsv

Just thought this morning I missed United playing, after reading this thread here, I'd take another 6 months of internationals :lol:

wangyu

The result was already set once we decided to play a Spanish team, guaranteed loss for Utd.

JustKatie

A fitness mid season friendly with a bunch of players that are all over the place a lot of them being really young losing and some people losing their minds over it.
Bizarre stuff

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Get you being a sensible football fan and not a reactionary, juvenile moron.

fallengt

Some of these B teamers show us the reason they ain't playing in the world cup.
How the heck club ended up with DVB and AWB?

Dazzmondo

Didn't realise this was on today. Any standouts? How did Garnacho do?

VivaRonaldo85

Bloody hell, I was actually in Cadiz on Sunday on holiday. Nice place. Had no idea there was a football team there!

Revaulx

No his memory just isn't great in this instance. Blackett didn't even deserve to even get a chance at first team level. That's how bad he was at youth level. Elanga scored a couple of goals which is more than Blackett ever did at first team level (relative to their respective positions). I was calling out Blackett at the time for this exact thing you're doing with Elanga. Now Elanga should go on loan to the Championship so I'm not even disagreeing with you and Santoryo's larger point, but even having said that, Blackett was worse. It's no contest.
Quite agree. Donald Love was hopeless as well. Borthwick-Jackson looked quite promising, and I was surprised and disappointed when he showed a bad attitude on loan (Wolves, I think?).

RedDevil@84

Some good moments from the starlets, was probably an amazing experience for most of them getting to represent the club in Spain. Most seemed really young and need the seasoning of a good loan spell.
Get out with such sense.

Kids are either "first team ready" or "need to get rid now"

MalaysianRed7

This game will have as much impact on our season and the careers of all the players who played in it as a match between two Peruvian Sunday League teams with absolutely nothing to do with United. It does not matter one iota.

NoPace

Mengi, Bernard, Fredricson all did ok at the back and looked fairly calm and composed, happy with those minutes for them. Jurado battled too and did well apart from switching off on that whipped cross.

Mainoo & Iqbal head and shoulders above the rest showing technical composure and decision making, should be in contention for a few minutes in real games for sure. Shoretire & Hansen-Aoren showed some good flashes too so just the usual suspects really.

Savage was a bit selfish with his shooting and then also lacking composure at the back giving away the 4th, him and the rest of the lads I think showed they are still some way off.

Hope we ship Elanga on loan to the championship if we are able to, the kid needs to be playing week in week out it to refine his game because he has something but has just been thrown in too early. He is looking like a bit of a pace merchant at the moment but he has more in his locker, needs to get 90 minutes consistently to kick on.
Mengi (people act like he's done but he's a 20 year old CB who was picked for England at every level) and probably one of Mainoo or Iqbal seem like they have the clearest routes into the team so sounds like it went okay. Would be nice if Jurado had looked a monster since we have that huge hole at backup RB, but good to hear 3 of the 4 players I think matter most did okay.

How did Garnacho look?

NoPace

Been genuinely awful for us, must admit that I liked him more at youth level but genuinely a nothing player.

My post on Savage just played out exactly now. Wonder how long it will take this club.
Tough to be a CM/DM with no agility, you really have to be great at shielding the ball or ideally very comfortable hitting everything first-time.

The best chance he had to avoid that mess was to pop the ball out wide left on the free kick, since the LB and LW had no mean between them and could have negotiated it from an advantage.

Wing Attack Plan R

Mengi (people act like he's done but he's a 20 year old CB who was picked for England at every level) and probably one of Mainoo or Iqbal seem like they have the clearest routes into the team so sounds like it went okay. Would be nice if Jurado had looked a monster since we have that huge hole at backup RB, but good to hear 3 of the 4 players I think matter most did okay.

How did Garnacho look?
Direct but reckless, he was eager to take people on but lost the ball nearly every time.