Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

arthurka

There are some really bad information about this Covid our leading expert on genetics has tested a bunch of us here in Iceland and has found many different strains of the virus. It seems to have mutated couple of times since the outbreak started which he can trace back to China, Italy USA and others. He says this has all the makings of a yearly epidemic or a regular thing like the influenza due to its ability to mutate rapidly.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There are some really bad information about this Covid our leading expert on genetics has tested a bunch of us here in Iceland and has found many different strains of the virus. It seems to have mutated couple of times since the outbreak started which he can trace back to China, Italy USA and others. He says this has all the makings of a yearly epidemic or a regular thing like the influenza due to its ability to mutate rapidly.
If you're referring to Kári Stefánsson he's not the leading expert.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They've been saying that for weeks (it returning). I remember hearing it on the news ages ago... quick Google.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...navirus-new-winter-flu-return-every-year/amp/

Revan

Assumptionman
Viruses mutate all the time, especially RNA ones. I don't think there is much reason to panic about it. But yes, everyone seems to think that this is gonna go endemic and stay with us for a long time. Maybe yearly vaccines similar to that of a flu. Also, its lethality will go down, and we will have some immunity against it (for example H1N1 which is a yearly flu is not very dangerous now, but it was extremely dangerous in 1918 known as Spanish flu).

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I would call them because it sounds like covid 19 except for the headaches. The only thing that isn't there is shortness of breath.

Do you know anyone else who has it that you've been in contact with?

Headaches are a major sign, unfortunately. Although many places advertising the symptoms like the WHO and NHS are focusing on the fever and dry cough symptoms, there are so many reports I have read from people who have recovered and been released from hospital, that have said they suffered from excruciating headaches too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have a cold and a soar throat. No fever though.

So far, my contribution to this thread.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm at day 17 now, started with a head cold, then 10-11 days of mild cold symptoms, then a week of cough, chest pain and shallow breathing. No temperature or fever though. Todays feels like breathing has got easier, so hopefully it's on the way out. Not been tested or called 111.

I'm a relatively healthy 34 though, so I can definitely see how much worse it could be for someone with a respitory condition. A couple of days ago the effort it took to breathe all day left me wiped out by 8pm.
Get well soon fella. I’d still call if I was you

C3Pique

Get well soon fella. I’d still call if I was you
Don't see the point if I'm honest. The only way to get tested is if I have had contact with a confirmed case, or if I get hospitalised. Taking up their resources just for them to tell me to stay at home until I feel better seems pointless.

Minute to minute I'm fine and improving daily, it definitely impacts the lungs (if I have it), hoovering the living room was enough to make me out of breath this morning. I'm dreading starting training again when this is all said and done, my cardio will be through the floor.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just finshed 14 days of mandatory home quarantine after a meeting with a confirrmed Covid case. Two from that meeting got it and one of them did infect his pregnant wife, while the other infected his son in law. It's really strange this, these people are all different ages from 21-51 the married couple are 31 and 33 and had mild symptoms low fever and sore throats with a loss of taste. The oldest had 3 days of diarrhea while his son in law 21 was admitted to a hospital with terrible cough and over 8 days of high fevers around and over 40 degrees. He is still in hospital but getting better. Luckily I don't drink coffee because that is the only thing that connected those who got infected from him, but me and my family are now officially out of quarantine.
Did that young man have a pre-existing condition, i.e. the one admitted to hospital?

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
It’s so weird how it differs in people. Tom Hanks seemed to just have a slight cold and yet that 28 year old healthy Irish footballer was in hospital for 8 days.
Aside from a lot of other factors including genetical aspects (Iceland has found out during their testing that close to 20% of infected will not have an outbreak of the virus) it might also probably has to do which strain you catch. Maybe the ones worse off usually got the more aggressive strain while the others talking about a light cold were fortunate to get the less aggressive one!?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ring them ASAP

I did and it was a waste tbh, they asked me my symptoms and all they really told me to do was to isolate myself which I’ve already done anyway as I’m not going in work next week and they said for me to ring again if my symptoms get worse.

Honestly I feel a lot better now, I still have a cough and can’t taste anything but the fever and aching has gone and so has headaches.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I did and it was a waste tbh, they asked me my symptoms and all they really told me to do was to isolate myself which I’ve already done anyway as I’m not going in work next week and they said for me to ring again if my symptoms get worse.

Honestly I feel a lot better now, I still have a cough and can’t taste anything but the fever and aching has gone and so has headaches.
This will be the common response fortunately or unfortunately. Good to hear you're getting better but beware any signs of another harder wave. Hopefully you're over the worst now, as a majority of cases usually are.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Glad to hear you’re on the mend

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Glad to hear you’re on the mend
This will be the common response fortunately or unfortunately. Good to hear you're getting better but beware any signs of another harder wave. Hopefully you're over the worst now, as a majority of cases usually are.

Cheers fellas. I'm Just taking cough medicine now and its definitely improving my cough. Hopefully not being at work next week will allow me to fully recover as I'll only be off out to exercise.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Technically he is not but his company is clearly leading in Iceland?
Kári is a neurologist, Decode does a lot of things but that doesn't mean they are experts. All the samples they take are then re-tested by the hospital staff (more for them to do!) to make sure it's been done correctly. Kári himself has said that they aren't researching this virus especially but rather collecting data for others to use. I'm a bit wary of him these days. He's always been a stubborn bully but now the majority owner of Decode is a US pharmacy company so the interests that he speaks for are now different.

I'd consider the experts to be the people who relay information to us every day.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
One of my best mates had pretty much all the symptoms almost two months ago. He was very very weak for days, had high temperature and he was coughing a lot, plus he lost his smell and taste. He did go to the hospital, and they listened to his lungs and told him it wasn't pneumonia(Corona was pretty unfamiliar back then) but didn't do a CT scan. Now, our first confirmed case here was 15ish days ago so it's pretty much impossible that he had it two months ago, but he's had pretty much all the symptoms, and he works with lot of people at his own supermarket, so it's quite interesting case. It's a smaller place and I hang out with him few times furing that time too, and he was still working altough he was visibly weak, but I don't think anyone around him showed any similar symptoms after.

Have a runny nose today out of the blue :nervous:
It's an allergy season so it's probably that.

Neo_Mufc

I have people in my house who have fevers with bad coughs.

I caught the same on Saturday after going 2 weeks of trying to avoid said people. It's like sometimes I feel cold then I feel really hot and it keeps fluctuating.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Now my wife's got similar symptoms to my daughter though thankfully not as painful (yet). Stuffy chest, can't lie down without feeling like the chest is being compressed. My mum is in almost full lockdown in her room now. She's my biggest concern, and I have some big ones already. :(

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
One of my best mates had pretty much all the symptoms almost two months ago. He was very very weak for days, had high temperature and he was coughing a lot, plus he lost his smell and taste. He did go to the hospital, and they listened to his lungs and told him it wasn't pneumonia(Corona was pretty unfamiliar back then) but didn't do a CT scan. Now, our first confirmed case here was 15ish days ago so it's pretty much impossible that he had it two months ago, but he's had pretty much all the symptoms, and he works with lot of people at his own supermarket, so it's quite interesting case. It's a smaller place and I hang out with him few times furing that time too, and he was still working altough he was visibly weak, but I don't think anyone around him showed any similar symptoms after.

It's an allergy season so it's probably that.
It's disappeared already thankfully. Fcuk knows why that was a thing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
A colleague of my OH was on a business Skype call and abruptly said she had to go, which she's never done before (according to my OH). OH knew something wasn't right so after the Skype meeting ended she called her colleague who was in tears. Said her best friend, who was 44, had felt a little under the weather yesterday morning, but was OK throughout the day and then had chest pains and rapidly struggled with her breathing.

She got to hospital yesterday evening... died today (some time prior to that Skype, I assume). They've said she had Covid-19. My OH is distressed as it is and her colleague is distraught.

I've no idea who the woman that died is or if she had underlying conditions, but the rapidity in being taken ill and dying is insane. Her family must be in bits.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
My son started with a mild cough around the same time as me, the difference was he was in contact with a friend who’s diagnosed with the virus, soon I started coughing (Friday 13th) and still coughing but I have allergies and normally I cough. So my wife is staying away from me and my son :lol:
Called my doctor and they tell me to check some website, after all this shit is over I’m getting another doctor...no help at all and the state of NJ will not test me or my son because our symptoms are not strong enough :houllier:

AaronRedDevil

My son started with a mild cough around the same time as me, the difference was he was in contact with a friend who’s diagnosed with the virus, soon I started coughing (Friday 13th) and still coughing but I have allergies and normally I cough. So my wife is staying away from me and my son :lol:
Called my doctor and they tell me to check some website, after all this shit is over I’m getting another doctor...no help at all and the state of NJ will not test me or my son because our symptoms are not strong enough :houllier:
You need to die first and then ring them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's rumours it's been around since November, now i think of it i had a cough and lost my sense of smell over Christmas :nervous:
Earliest case of Covid19 detected in Wuhan was 17 Nov 2019. UK scientists confident Covid19 was in UK latest by 10th Jan 2020.

I had the worst ‘flu’ ever from 18th - 27th Dec, 2019. I'd just completed a 4 week gym strength plan and so theoretically was the strongest and fittest I've ever been. And yet during this flu, I could barely walk for 10 minutes without feeling exhausted.

Started with a dry cough, quickly became like I had glass in my throat and I dreaded each time I coughed because of the pain. Lasted 3 days. Then came a crazy fever and the deep flu sleep that comes with that. That lasted 3 days. At sleep time I started to feel vaguely suicidal and so I would watch hours of youtube VDOs on climbing Mount Everest** to validate the purpose of living - in hindsight, utterly bizarre! I also lost my appetite, sense of taste and any pleasure from eating towards the end. Then towards the end, I had intense abdominal pains, like I'd been punched just below rib cage and back.

I assumed it was seasonal flu and toughed it out using OTC medicines: Day/Night Nurse and Benilyn cough syrup; though they didn't really do much good. It took about 12-14 days to recover. I was so shaken up by it, I mentioned it to many people once I was able to move around.

The symptoms I’ve heard from Covid19 sufferers sound EXACTLY THE SAME!

** I know a lady who has climbed Everest twice, aged around late 30s, in LA right now. Perhaps the fittest person I know. She has had covid19 for past 10 days and kept a journal, excerpts in spoiler. So even some of the fittest people on the planet can have a hard time fighting against it.
#COVID19 journal, March 21st, Los Angeles:

Here's how it rolled for me:
I flew into Los Angeles late Thursday night, March 12th, after back-to-back speaking gigs, and few adventures. There was chaos at LAX as people were trying to rush in from all over so I was stuck in that for a while. My adrenal system was already beyond drained and depleted, also because I have been dealing with a lot of deaths, grief, and loss in personal life since the end of last year. So when I felt strange, the day after walking into my home and completely exhausted, I just thought it was all those months catching up. From Friday (March 13th onwards) my body had mellow shivers, chills, and flashes. All sporadically. Saturday, March 14th I was feeling better. Sunday (15th) my brain and entire head were throbbing at a rate I have never experienced. By Monday (16th) night, my lungs were crackling, and at night time, even if I managed to sleep for a brief period, I was shivering… My taste was gone, and I barely had any appetite. I was gasping for breath Monday night… alongside having a runny nose, sore throat, severe headache and cough (releasing a lot of phlegm which was not one of the COVID-19 symptoms.) During this whole time, my friends and I were trying to get medical assistance but given the current US healthcare system (which I may write about some other time) we weren’t successful till Tuesday, March 17th afternoon. Now, these are some of the very extreme symptoms. I know several others who have had barely either of these and were still tested positive like me.

If you are like me, with a high tolerance of pain, you have to be extra careful and stay vigilant of rising symptoms. Be in touch with your body. I am now in quarantine (which I was already practicing after I flew into LA) with strict measures and watch over my breathing. I will just have to fight it out. Every day is a struggle. Walking a few steps drains me out, taking a shower is an expedition… trying to cook ends up as a disaster. I have to take it day by day. The closest I can relate this pain and weakness to is when I had contracted septicemia from a kidney infection a couple of years ago. On the brighter side, as one of my doctor friends said, once/if I fight this out within “phase one,” I will be immune to the virus and be able to serve communities where needed. The predictions are saying, 56% of Californians alone could become infected in the next 8weeks, an estimated 25.5 million of nearly 40 million. Within a week now, we are WAY past containment.

Mother Nature lashes back against the centuries-long oppression we have been doing on her. We have “developed” in high-rises constantly mutating her and bringing her precious species to extinctions, causing their habitats to utter destructions - its high time human civilization paid the price. The universe is forcing us to pause EVERYTHING because we didn’t listen to her many times before. Even though we forced the climate crisis. There is nothing we can do now than to surrender, and the sooner we do it the better.

May we take this time of social-distancing to look inside ourselves, practice compassion and gratitude towards the interconnectedness of all of us and all beings. I am immensely grateful to the nurses, doctors, to each front-line workers, not just in this city of Angels but everywhere. My friends who are non-stop with me, virtually and in spirit. My army of teachers and healers from around the world who are helping me heal both my mind and body.

#COVID19 journal, March 22nd, Los Angeles:

Those here know that this past week getting grocery in LA has been really complicated, esp being a vegan, as all the supermarkets are completely wiped out from people hoarding so I just ended up loading up on carb whenever I had any appetite. I was not mindful of the fact that viruses ride & multiply on carb (also sugar & dairy which I don’t take.) As a result, I accidentally amplified the virus, which unfortunately then spread to my lungs big time. (March 21st) I was barely breathing and early AM (before doctor’s intervention) I felt like someone put a vacuum cleaner inside my mouth and was sucking all the wind/life force out of me. It took me all of yesterday morning and night to come out from this choking feeling- following medication, a boost of protein and the care of my miraculous doctors. One of whom, I should also mention, is Dr. Jin (i call her “The Djinn,” lol) is Chinese and if it wasn’t for her insight & miraculous herbal cocktails, I probably wouldn’t even be here right now. She has also been treating me on credit, not worried at all how/if I will pay her back. That's how kind and genuinely selfless this "human" along with those working on the frontline round the clock is. I pray all the racist/xenophobic slurs/attacks towards Asians and other groups, who make the backbone of America stop swiftly.

Our first priority now is to come out of this with a 100% intact lungs. There have been several cases of COVID19 recoveries with almost 40-60% damage to the lungs. So if you could send your energy to my lungs, respiratory system and heart (so it can pump the nutrients to the max) I’d be ever grateful. Then given i don't contract any more infections or other complications, if I manage to fight the virus out of my lungs and elsewhere in the next week or so, it will take weeks/months of recovery to be 100% depending upon my mind’s will.

I am finally starting to breathe normally since this afternoon but still very slow and weak… the entire brain, head, neck and other body parts throb constantly and amplify when things get quiet. My mind is in heightened awareness and is watching the constant sensation of this virus. I've been put on an amplified-protein diet alongside medicine, thanks to my friends on many missions to get me the right stuff (yes this city also has angels who hoard on compassion!)

As you may know, you might have it without showing any symptoms at all. Those of you who are prepping to remain safe, be vigilant to cut stuff out of your diet that may amplify it, boost up on protein and build your immune system. It's very important to keep ourselves happy during these times while social-distancing. Eating healthy, hydrating, praying, meditating. I hope you all are taking time off the internet, unplugging from the current world order, listening to good music, appreciating the air we are able to breathe, reading books and doing whatever it takes to keep joyful. Also breathing practices to engage in de-stressing really helps. Laugh hard, that’s how the nervous system stays healthy!! (an extra bit for me too - my throat, and everything else hurt and i haven't laughed for a LONG while!)

#COVID19 journal, March 25th, Los Angeles

Am not out of danger-zone yet, my body is fighting every hour like it never has before, as if it's in death zone in the Himalayas. We are overwhelmed with so many heartfelt msgs, thank you so much for your prayers... don't worry and understand am not able to respond because focusing all my energies to get rid & heal from this virus. Apparently, i may have gotten the worst strain.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I feel like I have a mild flu. No temperature, no coughing, no headache but I do have a stuffy nose and I've lost my smell and taste completely. I also feel really lethargic.
Might just be that ... the mild flu. Im assuming thats still going on, alongside covid19?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Earliest case of Covid19 detected in Wuhan was 17 Nov 2019. UK scientists confident Covid19 was in UK latest by 10th Jan 2020.

I had the worst ‘flu’ ever from 18th - 27th Dec, 2019. I'd just completed a 4 week gym strength plan and so theoretically was the strongest and fittest I've ever been. And yet during this flu, I could barely walk for 10 minutes without feeling exhausted.

Started with a dry cough, quickly became like I had glass in my throat and I dreaded each time I coughed because of the pain. Lasted 3 days. Then came a crazy fever and the deep flu sleep that comes with that. That lasted 3 days. At sleep time I started to feel vaguely suicidal and questioning the purpose of life. So I would watch hours of youtube VDOs on climbing Mount Everest to validate the purpose of living - in hindsight, utterly bizarre! I also lost my appetite, sense of taste and any pleasure from eating towards the end. Then towards the end, I had intense abdominal pains, like I'd been punched just below rib cage and back.

I assumed it was seasonal flu and toughed it out using OTC medicines: Day/Night Nurse and Benilyn cough syrup; though they didn't really do much good. It took about 12-14 days to recover. I was so shaken up by it, I mentioned it to many people once I was able to move around.

Had a work colleague mention exactly the same thing as that at almost exactly the same time. Said he'd never had the flu and boy did he feel it. 2 weeks out, another 2 weeks wfh while still recovering. I think it may have been seasonal flu for both of you.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Had a work colleague mention exactly the same thing as that at almost exactly the same time. Said he'd never had the flu and boy did he feel it. 2 weeks out, another 2 weeks wfh while still recovering. I think it may have been seasonal flu for both of you.
Ive had flu several times before. I'm 90% certain this wasn't that.

Hoping it was covid19 as that would be me done!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
My girlfriend who I live with has had it for a week now which means I certainly have it. She’s coughing aggressively, high temperature, aching, etc. As of yet I’ve had nothing, no symptoms whatsoever. Feels like a matter of time

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Started with a dry cough, quickly became like I had glass in my throat and I dreaded each time I coughed because of the pain. Lasted 3 days. Then came a crazy fever and the deep flu sleep that comes with that. That lasted 3 days. At sleep time I started to feel vaguely suicidal and so I would watch hours of youtube VDOs on climbing Mount Everest** to validate the purpose of living - in hindsight, utterly bizarre! I also lost my appetite, sense of taste and any pleasure from eating towards the end. Then towards the end, I had intense abdominal pains, like I'd been punched just below rib cage and back.

** I know a lady who has climbed Everest twice, aged around late 30s, in LA right now. Perhaps the fittest person I know. She has had covid19 for past 10 days and kept a journal, excerpts in spoiler. So even some of the fittest people on the planet can have a hard time fighting against it.
#COVID19 journal, March 21st, Los Angeles:

Here's how it rolled for me:
I flew into Los Angeles late Thursday night, March 12th, after back-to-back speaking gigs, and few adventures. There was chaos at LAX as people were trying to rush in from all over so I was stuck in that for a while. My adrenal system was already beyond drained and depleted, also because I have been dealing with a lot of deaths, grief, and loss in personal life since the end of last year. So when I felt strange, the day after walking into my home and completely exhausted, I just thought it was all those months catching up. From Friday (March 13th onwards) my body had mellow shivers, chills, and flashes. All sporadically. Saturday, March 14th I was feeling better. Sunday (15th) my brain and entire head were throbbing at a rate I have never experienced. By Monday (16th) night, my lungs were crackling, and at night time, even if I managed to sleep for a brief period, I was shivering… My taste was gone, and I barely had any appetite. I was gasping for breath Monday night… alongside having a runny nose, sore throat, severe headache and cough (releasing a lot of phlegm which was not one of the COVID-19 symptoms.) During this whole time, my friends and I were trying to get medical assistance but given the current US healthcare system (which I may write about some other time) we weren’t successful till Tuesday, March 17th afternoon. Now, these are some of the very extreme symptoms. I know several others who have had barely either of these and were still tested positive like me.

If you are like me, with a high tolerance of pain, you have to be extra careful and stay vigilant of rising symptoms. Be in touch with your body. I am now in quarantine (which I was already practicing after I flew into LA) with strict measures and watch over my breathing. I will just have to fight it out. Every day is a struggle. Walking a few steps drains me out, taking a shower is an expedition… trying to cook ends up as a disaster. I have to take it day by day. The closest I can relate this pain and weakness to is when I had contracted septicemia from a kidney infection a couple of years ago. On the brighter side, as one of my doctor friends said, once/if I fight this out within “phase one,” I will be immune to the virus and be able to serve communities where needed. The predictions are saying, 56% of Californians alone could become infected in the next 8weeks, an estimated 25.5 million of nearly 40 million. Within a week now, we are WAY past containment.

Mother Nature lashes back against the centuries-long oppression we have been doing on her. We have “developed” in high-rises constantly mutating her and bringing her precious species to extinctions, causing their habitats to utter destructions - its high time human civilization paid the price. The universe is forcing us to pause EVERYTHING because we didn’t listen to her many times before. Even though we forced the climate crisis. There is nothing we can do now than to surrender, and the sooner we do it the better.

May we take this time of social-distancing to look inside ourselves, practice compassion and gratitude towards the interconnectedness of all of us and all beings. I am immensely grateful to the nurses, doctors, to each front-line workers, not just in this city of Angels but everywhere. My friends who are non-stop with me, virtually and in spirit. My army of teachers and healers from around the world who are helping me heal both my mind and body.

#COVID19 journal, March 22nd, Los Angeles:

Those here know that this past week getting grocery in LA has been really complicated, esp being a vegan, as all the supermarkets are completely wiped out from people hoarding so I just ended up loading up on carb whenever I had any appetite. I was not mindful of the fact that viruses ride & multiply on carb (also sugar & dairy which I don’t take.) As a result, I accidentally amplified the virus, which unfortunately then spread to my lungs big time. (March 21st) I was barely breathing and early AM (before doctor’s intervention) I felt like someone put a vacuum cleaner inside my mouth and was sucking all the wind/life force out of me. It took me all of yesterday morning and night to come out from this choking feeling- following medication, a boost of protein and the care of my miraculous doctors. One of whom, I should also mention, is Dr. Jin (i call her “The Djinn,” lol) is Chinese and if it wasn’t for her insight & miraculous herbal cocktails, I probably wouldn’t even be here right now. She has also been treating me on credit, not worried at all how/if I will pay her back. That's how kind and genuinely selfless this "human" along with those working on the frontline round the clock is. I pray all the racist/xenophobic slurs/attacks towards Asians and other groups, who make the backbone of America stop swiftly.

Our first priority now is to come out of this with a 100% intact lungs. There have been several cases of COVID19 recoveries with almost 40-60% damage to the lungs. So if you could send your energy to my lungs, respiratory system and heart (so it can pump the nutrients to the max) I’d be ever grateful. Then given i don't contract any more infections or other complications, if I manage to fight the virus out of my lungs and elsewhere in the next week or so, it will take weeks/months of recovery to be 100% depending upon my mind’s will.

I am finally starting to breathe normally since this afternoon but still very slow and weak… the entire brain, head, neck and other body parts throb constantly and amplify when things get quiet. My mind is in heightened awareness and is watching the constant sensation of this virus. I've been put on an amplified-protein diet alongside medicine, thanks to my friends on many missions to get me the right stuff (yes this city also has angels who hoard on compassion!)

As you may know, you might have it without showing any symptoms at all. Those of you who are prepping to remain safe, be vigilant to cut stuff out of your diet that may amplify it, boost up on protein and build your immune system. It's very important to keep ourselves happy during these times while social-distancing. Eating healthy, hydrating, praying, meditating. I hope you all are taking time off the internet, unplugging from the current world order, listening to good music, appreciating the air we are able to breathe, reading books and doing whatever it takes to keep joyful. Also breathing practices to engage in de-stressing really helps. Laugh hard, that’s how the nervous system stays healthy!! (an extra bit for me too - my throat, and everything else hurt and i haven't laughed for a LONG while!)

#COVID19 journal, March 25th, Los Angeles

Am not out of danger-zone yet, my body is fighting every hour like it never has before, as if it's in death zone in the Himalayas. We are overwhelmed with so many heartfelt msgs, thank you so much for your prayers... don't worry and understand am not able to respond because focusing all my energies to get rid & heal from this virus. Apparently, i may have gotten the worst strain.
That journal isn’t what you’d call bedtime reading is it? Crikey.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Ive had flu several times before. I'm 90% certain this wasn't that.

Hoping it was covid19 as that would be me done!
A lot of people had the worst flu of their lives around December. I doubt you had Covid 19 mid December.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Looking for some online advice here, can't get anything online other than washing my fricking hands. :rolleyes: My daughter who's had severe chest pains (down the middle mainly) for 17 days is today feeling a bit of pain in her left lung when she moves. Breathing doesn't seem to have changed, she's not gasping, so some good news. Been on hold to 111 service for the past hour. Cause for calling 999 yet, is there a risk this could escalate quickly?

Looking for some online advice here, can't get anything online other than washing my fricking hands. :rolleyes: My daughter who's had severe chest pains (down the middle mainly) for 17 days is today feeling a bit of pain in her left lung when she moves. Breathing doesn't seem to have changed, she's not gasping, so some good news. Been on hold to 111 service for the past hour. Cause for calling 999 yet, is there a risk this could escalate quickly?
I am not a doctor but in serious Italian cases the average time from symptom onset to hospitalisation is 4 days. After 17 days i'd think she's pretty safe but i would be calling somebody who knows, and with chest pains i would think 999 is justified.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I am not a doctor but in serious Italian cases the average time from symptom onset to hospitalisation is 4 days. After 17 days i'd think she's pretty safe but i would be calling somebody who knows, and with chest pains i would think 999 is justified.
Thanks, she is sitting up and saying the left lung pain is gone. I've tried listening to her left lung from the back (ear on back) and can't hear anything untoward. I'm going out of my mind, this wasn't supposed to affect kids. I'll call the GP (who are frankly useless most of the time in these situations) if it happens again. Your words have definitely helped.

I had to hang up on 111 after two hours which is a stark reminder how much this country is being affected. 10 days ago I got through to them in 10 minutes. And the clinician phoned back! :eek:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Could it be acid reflux? Thats how I feel when I get that.
Doesn't sound like Corona symptoms.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Could it be acid reflux? Thats how I feel when I get that.
Doesn't sound like Corona symptoms.
That's a good point, she reported a shooting pain when she moved on her left lung side. As she's mostly been sitting/lying for two weeks it could be wind. Thanks will check.

Thanks, she is sitting up and saying the left lung pain is gone. I've tried listening to her left lung from the back (ear on back) and can't hear anything untoward. I'm going out of my mind, this wasn't supposed to affect kids. I'll call the GP (who are frankly useless most of the time in these situations) if it happens again. Your words have definitely helped.

I had to hang up on 111 after two hours which is a stark reminder how much this country is being affected. 10 days ago I got through to them in 10 minutes. And the clinician phoned back! :eek:
It does affect children, but it doesn't (or extremely rarely) kill them. Still nobody under 18 in Italy has been admitted to intensive care, in over 900 cases now. Only 5.4% from age 7-17 have gone to hospital at all.