Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I suggested this in the other thread and think this could be quite interesting and informative for people.

With the amount of people testing positive for covid-19 surely there is a fair number of CAF posters with the virus, if I ask this in the main thread it will likely get lost with the speed things are going in there.

Basically I just want to hear your experiences and get a roundabout number on how many have tested positive on here.

Could we get a poll @Damien @Niall for tested positive and for have symptoms but not tested and told to stay home.
Something along them lines

Or just delete the thread if you think it's a stupid idea.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

I think that's a good idea sharing exps and info maybe even tips/suggestions.

Anyway, I haven't tested it yet or maybe never ever. But right now socially isolating myself for many reasons that recently happened in my life. Strangely, at the same time also suffering illness i.e. some of the mild stated symptoms of the virus like cold, headaches and runny nose but those I hope are just normal not-corona.

:nervous:Staying indoor now mainly who knows for how long. Better play safe than going out (unless necessary) and risk carry and spread or get infected and carry the virus to someone else.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I work in a cancer hospital and was working all week (week beginning 24/2/20). At the end of the week, one of the girls informs me she's been advised to self quarantine as she's just returned from Northern Italy. I then go meet with friends for a 30th, chat to some people who turns out they've also come back from Venice the week previous. I learnt this info last Saturday.

A few days after the 30th I had a pretty sore throat and dry, irritable cough. No wheezing as I tend to get as I have asthma, and it cleared on its own. I have been on annual leave this week anyway and have essentially isolated myself with my other half who has also developed a dry cough. We were going to go out for a meal tonight but decided against it just in case.

Both feeling fine...I doubt it was COVID but you can never be sure. Irritatingly I have to clean shave for the first time in 5 years so I can be face-fitted for a mask at work when I return.

As far as isolating myself, I quite enjoy it. I can edit my photos, enjoy knowing I'm in my little cocoon of warmth and I've downloaded and started playing Plague Inc on Steam. Quite fun.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I work in a cancer hospital and was working all week (week beginning 24/2/20). At the end of the week, one of the girls informs me she's been advised to self quarantine as she's just returned from Northern Italy. I then go meet with friends for a 30th, chat to some people who turns out they've also come back from Venice the week previous. I learnt this info last Saturday.

A few days after the 30th I had a pretty sore throat and dry, irritable cough. No wheezing as I tend to get as I have asthma, and it cleared on its own. I have been on annual leave this week anyway and have essentially isolated myself with my other half who has also developed a dry cough. We were going to go out for a meal tonight but decided against it just in case.

Both feeling fine...I doubt it was COVID but you can never be sure. Irritatingly I have to clean shave for the first time in 5 years so I can be face-fitted for a mask at work when I return.
I've had exact same symptoms. It happened after I came back from NYC. I suspect a mild case of covid-19

Charlie Foley

Anyway, I haven't tested it yet or maybe never ever. But right now socially isolating myself for many reasons that recently happened in my life. Strangely, at the same time also suffering illness i.e. some of the mild stated symptoms of the virus like cold, headaches and runny nose but those I hope are just normal not-corona.

:nervous:Staying indoor now mainly who knows for how long. Better play safe than going out (unless necessary) and risk carry and spread or get infected and carry the virus to someone else.
I hope everything is going ok mate

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Been meaning to start a similar thread. 5 days ago I flew back from Seattle to southern CA. Today I'm experiencing a slightly sore throat, some weird colored snot, and diarrhea. No fever, body aches or difficulty breathing though. Been quarantining myself all day. If by Monday I don't have a fever, I'll consider myself covid-19 free.

jymufc20

Thanks for a detailed reply, It would be nice to hear people's genuine thoughts and worries over this I'm in England and everything is still open as usual so Monday I have to go to work and send 2 of my kids to school and I am starting to feel real uneasy about that last bit, we don't know enough about the virus to be sure that kids will recover fully from it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Thanks for a detailed reply, It would be nice to hear people's genuine thoughts and worries over this I'm in England and everything is still open as usual so Monday I have to go to work and send 2 of my kids to school and I am starting to feel real uneasy about that last bit, we don't know enough about the virus to be sure that kids will recover fully from it.
Keep them off mate. If you can I mean. Give it 5 days if you can and see where this is all going.

PM me anytime if you wanna talk with another parent who feels the same if it's stressing you out.

jymufc20

Keep them off mate. If you can I mean. Give it 5 days if you can and see where this is all going.

PM me anytime if you wanna talk with another parent who feels the same if it's stressing you out.
Thanks, what's your stance on it all will you be sending your kids in ? I feel if I send them in I'm just giving in to the prospect of them catching it.

School have even took to the selfish (in my opinion) measure of telling the students about a 15 day challenge if they attend school for the last 15 days of term they get entered into a prize draw, which makes it very difficult for me as my daughter is very competitive and wants to win everything so keeping her off will be very difficult.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What's your experience @Dumbstar and where are you from ?

Ps I'm really, really glad you might get to stay here.
I work in a Canary Wharf building where one of our floors, not mine, was evacuated and deep cleaned about a week and a half ago. I never went in after that choosing to WFH without waiting officially to do so. Doesn't seem like I have it yet as I've insulated myself well. But I'm still fearful of what the kids might bring in from school/uni.

If anything changes I will update here. Ps. I love you guys too. :D

Adamsk7

My work has completely shut down and I’m luckily enough to still get paid until they open. I am basically working out at home, occasionally going for a run or long walks and sometimes to shops when necessary, keeping good social distance.

My partner though is going out with friends, going to the gym, going to work and today she has a long work meeting with a group of dentists in a small enclosed space. I mean it seems like I am destined to get it off her but she doesn’t care and doesn’t see what the fuss is about. We’ve been together for 12 yrs and she’s always been so caring and level headed, this whole approach baffles me to be honest!

Anyone else dealing with something similar?

Last edited:

Meller

My work has completely shut down and I’m luckily enough to still get paid until they open. I am basically working out at home, occasionally going for a run or long walks and sometimes to shops when necessary, keeping good social distance.

My partner though is going out with friends, going to the gym, going to work and today she has a long work meeting with a group of dentists in a small enclosed space. I mean it seems like I am destined to get it off her but she doesn’t care and doesn’t see what the fuss is about. We’ve been together for 12 hrs and she’s always been so caring and level headed, this whole approach baffles me to be honest!

Well if you've only been together for 12 hours then surely you can't tell if she's level headed.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

My partner though is going out with friends, going to the gym, going to work and today she has a long work meeting with a group of dentists in a small enclosed space. I mean it seems like I am destined to get it off her but she doesn’t care and doesn’t see what the fuss is about. We’ve been together for 12 yrs and she’s always been so caring and level headed, this whole approach baffles me to be honest!

That's funny, I'm exactly the same. Work is taking massive measures, (whole company is divided into two teams, one in office each week, other wfh, then swap, plus nightly deep cleans) and my wife is all about not letting the virus change us living our lives within reason. Had a big row because I bought a bunch of pasta and non-perishable and she thinks I'm part of the problem.

Mad thing is, shes in public health!

Guess you never know how people are going to react.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I had what I think was the worst flu of my life in February - ferociously nasty dry cough, exhaustion (I basically just slept for a couple of days), breathless. Some of the tiredness and the occasional cough remain, but basically now I just feel dreadfully unfit having spent several weeks scarcely moving let alone exercising as normal.

I'd love to think that was my dose of Covid 19, unfortunately the known timelines of infection in the UK and Spain would suggest that it wasn't. Which may mean that when/if I get it, I'll be in worse shape to cope with it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Once the schools closed on Thursday last week (Ireland) my wife and I decided we stay at home as much as possible. Got our big shop that day and haven’t left the house since. My wife has had a dizzyness for a few days & a dry cough. I’ve had a dry cough, diarrhea and increased palpitations for a few days. The boys have had coughs. We’ve all been quite tired. I’m feeling a lot better today so far and we’ve decided to go a little walk (keeping social distancing) just to get some fresh air as we are getting cabin fever already before going home and locking the door again

Art Vandelay

Once the schools closed on Thursday last week (Ireland) my wife and I decided we stay at home as much as possible. Got our big shop that day and haven’t left the house since. My wife has had a dizzyness for a few days & a dry cough. I’ve had a dry cough, diarrhea and increased palpitations for a few days. The boys have had coughs. We’ve all been quite tired. I’m feeling a lot better today so far and we’ve decided to go a little walk (keeping social distancing) just to get some fresh air as we are getting cabin fever already before going home and locking the door again
I've had pretty much all of that except dry cough for about a week. I thought I had an inner ear infection or something with the dizziness. It's not as bad today though. I'm trying to avoid going out anywhere, but been told we still have to go into work and there's people sitting right next to me that are insisting on going to pubs, mass and restaurants.

A couple of good friends had a terrible dose of flu early-mid February. In bed for a week type flu. I see them both all the time and I spent 4 hours in the car with one of them just as she was starting to get bad, and then a few days later i got a tickly, dry kind of cough that stuck around for about a week or so and went.

We didn't think anything of it at the time but considering we all live in Lombardy, it's definitely made us wonder.

roseguy64

Currently dealing with a cough since last week. Have had elevated body warmth but it's still mild and not close to a fever. Still feel fine. Starting to WFH from today as my work decided some of us should test the system as it's usually only supervisors and the like who've done it so not many people. First time ever I'm doing it. Will be interesting.

Government has also mandated that businesses should implement it from tomorrow so we were ahead of the curve.

Lynty

Frontline NHS with no chance of working from home and two young kids still attending school - it's only a matter of time for me.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

My friend was extremely ill for a month and he still suggested on meeting and and remaining in contact with family members who were prone to death from it. He believed it was overhyped and a plot by the Chinese government to control population. I hate such attitudes.

Adamsk7

My friend was extremely ill for a month and he still suggested on meeting and and remaining in contact with family members who were prone to death from it. He believed it was overhyped and a plot by the Chinese government to control population. I hate such attitudes.
Luckily she’s seen a bit of sense in the last couple of days. My last bit of worry now is to get her working from home so we can be as safe as possible. If the only gauntlet we had to run was a local convenience store then I’d feel much calmer.

macheda14

I saw two friends last Thursday, one of whom is a doctor with many corona patients and yesterday I woke up with an itchy sore throat which has developed into nothing more. I don’t really have an elevated temp. However the other friend I was with has all the exact symptoms - fever, dry cough, muscle aches. He is also slightly immunodeficient, so I’m wondering that maybe I caught it as well, but my case is far far more mild.

I’ve now isolated myself to my bedroom and will do so until the symptoms clear, but I’m hoping that this is it.

it did feel like the illness could have come on too quickly, but I’ve read you can get symptoms anywhere between 2-14 days from first contact.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'm in the military and the base I work on its currently business as usual

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m feeling quite fatigued today, but that could be just from being stuck indoors with 2 young kids for the past 4 days

Smores

Our toddler has had a cough for a couple of days and I've now got heavy breathing and a tight chest.

Trying to figure if i need to stay away from the wife or just accept our demise :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I’m feeling quite fatigued today, but that could be just from being stuck indoors with 2 young kids for the past 4 days
You should just be grateful you're still alive at this point tbh.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Our toddler has had a cough for a couple of days and I've now got heavy breathing and a tight chest.

Trying to figure if i need to stay away from the wife or just accept our demise :lol:
I'd starting wearing a facemask if you have one and wearing rubber gloves.