Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yep. I don’t know I’ve had it but seems a coincidence if not.

Had a mild fever and temperature that began on Saturday afternoon, combined with that was a lot of aches in my back and legs. They all went away yesterday morning and now I’m left with a slight cough and weirdly a lack of taste and smell

OH had very similar symptoms about 4-5 days earlier but has a worse cough.

As I say, don’t know for definite we have had it, but seems likely and almost too much of a coincidence not to be.

And if we did have it. We were incredibly lucky to have been so minimally affected.
Glad you're doing better but lots of reports about people feeling better for a few days before they get seriously ill again tbh, so I wouldn't count myself safe just yet.

Let's pray the worst is behind for you and the missus.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
@Moiraine I've replied to you here to avoid derailing the main Wuhan thread.

My daughter has been suffering from sore throat, light temperature and painful chest for the last 13 days. Breathing problems because of the pain in the chest but not serious enough to go to hospital. Not much, or any, coughing. Taste and smell seems to be fine too. The chest and back do get abnormally hot at times though. Treating with paracetamol.

Seems like your symptoms are almost identical. Too much of a coincidence to be flu, more than likely you had it and have built up the anti bodies. But don't take any risks from what I've said. Good to hear you've recovered. Wish my daughter would too so I can stop fricking worrying. I guess it's a waiting and monitoring game.

@Moiraine I've replied to you here to avoid derailing the main Wuhan thread.

My daughter has been suffering from sore throat, light temperature and painful chest for the last 13 days. Breathing problems because of the pain in the chest but not serious enough to go to hospital. Not much, or any, coughing. Taste and smell seems to be fine too. The chest and back do get abnormally hot at times though. Treating with paracetamol.

Seems like your symptoms are almost identical. Too much of a coincidence to be flu, more than likely you had it and have built up the anti bodies. But don't take any risks from what I've said. Good to hear you've recovered. Wish my daughter would too so I can stop fricking worrying. I guess it's a waiting and monitoring game.
How old is your daughter? From data available here there have been 700 under 18s with known infections (ie ill enough to go to hospital) and not a single one has required intensive care. I'm sure she will be fine. :)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How old is your daughter? From data available here there have been 700 under 18s with known infections (ie ill enough to go to hospital) and not a single one has required intensive care. I'm sure she will be fine. :)
Thanks 11101, my daughter is 17 and we are in London. We have a neighbour's daughter who is 13 and reporting the exact same condition which started at almost exactly the same time (they go to the same school).

arthurka

Just finshed 14 days of mandatory home quarantine after a meeting with a confirrmed Covid case. Two from that meeting got it and one of them did infect his pregnant wife, while the other infected his son in law. It's really strange this, these people are all different ages from 21-51 the married couple are 31 and 33 and had mild symptoms low fever and sore throats with a loss of taste. The oldest had 3 days of diarrhea while his son in law 21 was admitted to a hospital with terrible cough and over 8 days of high fevers around and over 40 degrees. He is still in hospital but getting better. Luckily I don't drink coffee because that is the only thing that connected those who got infected from him, but me and my family are now officially out of quarantine.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've got a bit of an ache on the right side of my back, also the odd twinge in the side by my ribs every now and then, which has been there for a few days :nervous:

It might be just from sitting or sleeping awkwardly for all I know, but the corona alarm is going off in my head :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've got a bit of an ache on the right side of my back, also the odd twinge in the side by my ribs every now and then, which has been there for a few days :nervous:

It might be just from sitting or sleeping awkwardly for all I know, but the corona alarm is going off in my head :lol:
A Kebab would put you right.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Ffs I was talking to you just a couple of days ago so I've probably got it too. Anyone who's replied to one of my posts has probably been infected by me as well so we're all fecked.

Computer viruses, folks. Not to be taken lightly.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've not really had any severe symptoms apart from headache if that counts (I'm suseptible to headaches in everyday life so it didn't alarm me).

But given I visited both Spain and Milan in February, caught five flights that months, stayed in hostels for the duration and used Metro systems like it was going out of fashion, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if I've had it asymptomatically.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Ffs I was talking to you just a couple of days ago so I've probably got it too. Anyone who's replied to one of my posts has probably been infected by me as well so we're all fecked.

Computer viruses, folks. Not to be taken lightly.
I'm going to keep my old McAfee antivirus disc in my pocket, hopefully that should help me get better.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've not really had any severe symptoms apart from headache if that counts (I'm suseptible to headaches in everyday life so it didn't alarm me).

But given I visited both Spain and Milan in February, caught five flights that months, stayed in hostels for the duration and used Metro systems like it was going out of fashion, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if I've had it asymptomatically.
I had every textbook symptom at the end of January/ Start of February. I guess the odds are it wasn't it as there were no reports over here then but it makes you think.

klayton88

Can you still get a common cold right now? Not to sound ignorant. Since Monday I've shown all signs of a common cold. Sweats/Runny nose/lump in throat/no lump in shits (no cough though). It feels like a common cold which I get a few times a year anyway. It most likely is but the Corona alarm is going off like most people.

RedDevil@84

I had dry cough for 2-3 days, fever for 2, had a blocked nose for 2 days and now have mild cough (once an hr or so only) and slight loss of taste. But overall much better than I was last week. There is no way I would try to get a test, leave alone be allowed to take a test in US with such mild symptoms.
I am under voluntary quarantine though for last 8 days because of someone testing positive at work.

RedDevil@84

Can you still get a common cold right now? Not to sound ignorant. Since Monday I've shown all signs of a common cold. Sweats/Runny nose/lump in throat/no lump in shits (no cough though). It feels like a common cold which I get a few times a year anyway. It most likely is but the Corona alarm is going off like most people.
It doesn't count if you don't have cough and/or respiratory problems :D

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I had every textbook symptom at the end of January/ Start of February. I guess the odds are it wasn't it as there were no reports over here then but it makes you think.
There's rumours it's been around since November, now i think of it i had a cough and lost my sense of smell over Christmas :nervous:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finshed 14 days of mandatory home quarantine after a meeting with a confirrmed Covid case. Two from that meeting got it and one of them did infect his pregnant wife, while the other infected his son in law. It's really strange this, these people are all different ages from 21-51 the married couple are 31 and 33 and had mild symptoms low fever and sore throats with a loss of taste. The oldest had 3 days of diarrhea while his son in law 21 was admitted to a hospital with terrible cough and over 8 days of high fevers around and over 40 degrees. He is still in hospital but getting better. Luckily I don't drink coffee because that is the only thing that connected those who got infected from him, but me and my family are now officially out of quarantine.
Did you go out at all for food during that time?

arthurka

Did you go out at all for food during that time?
No.. the whole family stayed at home me and the Ms working at home. 14 days feck me. We went out only to take the dogs for a walk and went out with the kids where nobody else was out and about. Ordered groceries sent home.. Good thing is you will end up spending quality time with your kids reading and playing boardgames and cards. Bad thing is your kids will drive you nuts.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No.. the whole family stayed at home me and the Ms working at home. 14 days feck me. We went out only to take the dogs for a walk and went out with the kids where nobody else was out and about. Ordered groceries sent home.. Good thing is you will end up spending quality time with your kids reading and playing boardgames and cards. Bad thing is your kids will drive you nuts.
You're lucky. My missus is a doctor and we turned from being the people everyone wants to be associated with (due to her expertise) to the family having the plague. The Government had made sure to strip us all our support base off. Now he's expecting my missus to go to work in hospital, me to stay at home with my baby girl while working like crazy on projects and during free time to do shopping for my parents and us as well. The alternatives are either to stop doing the job I love and probably not getting any job afterwards (global recession and all) or sending my baby girl to a child care for health professional children which will probably be infested my corona virus. I can see my depression and anxiety levels to spike to the sky.

But hey my missus got her 9pm applause for Maltese NHS professionals. We'll live with that I guess.

arthurka

You're lucky. My missus is a doctor and we turned from being the people everyone wants to be associated with (due to her expertise) to the family having the plague. The Government had made sure to strip us all our support base off. Now he's expecting my missus to go to work in hospital, me to stay at home with my baby girl while working like crazy on projects and during free time to do shopping for my parents and us as well. The alternatives are either to stop doing the job I love and probably not getting any job afterwards (global recession and all) or sending my baby girl to a child care for health professional children which will probably be infested my corona virus. I can see my depression and anxiety levels to spike to the sky.

But hey my missus got her 9pm applause for Maltese NHS professionals. We'll live with that I guess.
Yes I know how you feel and my heart goes out to healthcare professionals and their families as I have relatives who work in that profession. Thing is that it´s going to be a long a trying period for all people but those working in the field so to say will have it shittiest of them all. Over worked under staffed and under equipped with the government calling for help from retired staff. Healthcare professionals (nurses and other non doctors) here have been fighting for years to get a fair pay rise with little results over the years. Hope that people in charge remember the sacrifices these people made during this crisis. I just hope that the countries learn a bit from this and will finally start to listen and cooperate more in the future bringing all people of the world closer together.. Shit I sound like a Michael Jackson song..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes I know how you feel and my heart goes out to healthcare professionals and their families as I have relatives who work in that profession. Thing is that it´s going to be a long a trying period for all people but those working in the field so to say will have it shittiest of them all. Over worked under staffed and under equipped with the government calling for help from retired staff. Healthcare professionals (nurses and other non doctors) here have been fighting for years to get a fair pay rise with little results over the years. Hope that people in charge remember the sacrifices these people made during this crisis. I just hope that the countries learn a bit from this and will finally start to listen and cooperate more in the future bringing all people of the world closer together.. Shit I sound like a Michael Jackson song..
They won't. I think I have it as badly as my wife. She is a caring soul whose risking her life for a profession she likes. I am risking my life and taking all this shit for people I can't be bothered off, people who are tucked at home safely with their children and who previously hated doctors cause they are perceived as ruthless millionaires which they are not. That's while risking losing the job I do love to do and my dwindling mental state.

There's zero support for people in the medical field here in Malta. The government has even rescinded the offer of danger money towards nurses.

arthurka

They won't. I think I have it as badly as my wife. She is a caring soul whose risking her life for a profession she likes. I am risking my life and taking all this shit for people I can't be bothered off, people who are tucked at home safely with their children and who previously hated doctors cause they are perceived as ruthless millionaires which they are not. That's while risking losing the job I do love to do and my dwindling mental state.

There's zero support for people in the medical field here in Malta. The government has even rescinded the offer of danger money towards nurses.
Yes it really sucks this..

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
i may possibly have it,

I’ve had a fever which comes and goes, I woke up the other night in a pool of sweat but then I was shivering too.
A dry irritating cough,
Aching body,
Headaches right behind my eyes.
No taste or smell for over a week which is weird considering I’m not bunged up or snotty.

I’ve not rung 111 yet as I just can’t decide wether it’s a cold or what.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
i may possibly have it,

I’ve had a fever which comes and goes, I woke up the other night in a pool of sweat but then I was shivering too.
A dry irritating cough,
Aching body,
No taste or smell for over a week which is weird considering I’m not bunged up or snotty.

I would call them because it sounds like covid 19 except for the headaches. The only thing that isn't there is shortness of breath.

Do you know anyone else who has it that you've been in contact with?

dannyrhinos89

I would call them because it sounds like covid 19 except for the headaches. The only thing that isn't there is shortness of breath.

Do you know anyone else who has it that you've been in contact with?

My mum was ill a couple of weeks previous.

It’s my week off this week but I’ve already told my manager I won’t be in next week, I’ll see how I am by weds if I’m no better I’ll ring 111.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
i may possibly have it,

A dry irritating cough,
Aching body,

You’ve the major symptoms, I’d be calling now if I were you, you never know how long it might take them to deal with you.

i may possibly have it,

A dry irritating cough,
Aching body,

I'd call them. Don't want to alarm you but people have been seen to go seriously downhill within a matter of hours. Let them decide whether you need assessing properly.

Plus if you get confirmed you win the tagline.

dannyrhinos89

Cheers lads, I’ll give them a ring then. I did the online test and that told me to isolate myself which I’ve done since last week anyway but I’ll ring them too.

C3Pique

I'm at day 17 now, started with a head cold, then 10-11 days of mild cold symptoms, then a week of cough, chest pain and shallow breathing. No temperature or fever though. Todays feels like breathing has got easier, so hopefully it's on the way out. Not been tested or called 111.

I'm a relatively healthy 34 though, so I can definitely see how much worse it could be for someone with a respitory condition. A couple of days ago the effort it took to breathe all day left me wiped out by 8pm.