Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We decided today we probably don't have it as we've been isolating since the 21st really and have felt ok. Only shopping trips.

Did a big shopping trip today and even though there's an improvement, there's still the odd few people just completely ignoring the rules and coming right up next to you to grab something off a shelf. Pisses me right off that people will probably die because of these dumb fecks. I guess the isolation counter resets again now since everyone loves being all up in my space.
Yeah we've had the same, they've got tape on the floor in most places and if anyone comes into my space I make sure they know about it with the most passive aggression you can imagine.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
How you feeling today? Better I hope.

Do you mind playing the role of 'whistle blower'? How would you feel about writing to your MP, and also to Government departments, and perhaps current CEO of PO.
Yeah I'm good thanks, feeling much better now. I actually deliver to my local MPs office, it's nestled in a parade of shops I deliver to so I may mention it to her next time I see her if she's in office.

I'm Going to go through union first when I'm back at work next week.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can't wait for the serology tests because I think that I had it two weeks ago. The issue is that the symptoms didn't match perfectly, I had a persistent headache, stomach pain, shallow breath, fatigue, chest pains, wheezing, runny nose and my legs were weak for maybe 3 or 4 days but no cough, I sometimes had the sensation that I was going to cough but it didn't went further than an uncomfortable sensation in the throat. The issue is that these symptoms partially match with rhinitis and hypothyroidism.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I was dealing with a positive patient in theatre and had full ffp gear on. After transferring to icu and taking the mask off I discovered it was faulty. FML. I’ve had to speak to micro biology, infection control, fill in form after form. Not to mention the worry about thinking I had brought it home. After speaking to folk higher up the chain it was said that I wasn’t at risk because the filters were still on the mask and that all that would have happened is that I might have damaged the filters instead so these were taken off, binned and replaced. But I can’t help but feel a feckin test would sort this out once and for all.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I was dealing with a positive patient in theatre and had full ffp gear on. After transferring to icu and taking the mask off I discovered it was faulty. FML. I’ve had to speak to micro biology, infection control, fill in form after form. Not to mention the worry about thinking I had brought it home. After speaking to folk higher up the chain it was said that I wasn’t at risk because the filters were still on the mask and that all that would have happened is that I might have damaged the filters instead so these were taken off, binned and replaced. But I can’t help but feel a feckin test would sort this out once and for all.
Argh I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you haven't caught it, try not to worry for now.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Wife has had a dry cough for about a week. Jokingly kept saying she had the virus but she didn't have any other symptoms other than sore legs but it was also her time of the month and that is sometimes a side effect.

Wednesday night just before 11 I started with stomach cramps that kept me up all night. Yesterday I had aches all day and today has been a write off. I've been in bed most of the day, have zero energy and my throat feels like I've been chewing on broken glass.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wife has had a dry cough for about a week. Jokingly kept saying she had the virus but she didn't have any other symptoms other than sore legs but it was also her time of the month and that is sometimes a side effect.

Wednesday night just before 11 I started with stomach cramps that kept me up all night. Yesterday I had aches all day and today has been a write off. I've been in bed most of the day, have zero energy and my throat feels like I've been chewing on broken glass.
My wife reported pain in the legs too. I'm afraid your wife most likely had a mild form of it and gave it to you. You certainly have it with your symptoms. My boss has what you describe and in the main just rest and let it get better. You should be fine other than the inconvenience and tiredness.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My wife reported pain in the legs too. I'm afraid your wife most likely had a mild form of it and gave it to you. You certainly have it with your symptoms. My boss has what you describe and in the main just rest and let it get better. You should be fine other than the inconvenience and tiredness.
How is your daughter? Have you worked out what her issue was?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Sounds like it, at least a mild form. Get well soon

C3Pique

I'm at day 17 now, started with a head cold, then 10-11 days of mild cold symptoms, then a week of cough, chest pain and shallow breathing. No temperature or fever though. Todays feels like breathing has got easier, so hopefully it's on the way out. Not been tested or called 111.

I'm a relatively healthy 34 though, so I can definitely see how much worse it could be for someone with a respitory condition. A couple of days ago the effort it took to breathe all day left me wiped out by 8pm.
This was last Friday and I still have a dry cough, and my chest is 'burning' in a way that feels like I've been smoking 40 a day all week. Anyone know how long this should last? I'm pretty fed up with it now.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Thanks mate. I've napped on and off today and am feeling much better.Hopefully get a good night's sleep tonight and again take it really steady tomorrow.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Sounds like it, at least a mild form. Get well soon
Thanks, I would agree that we as a family have been lucky. Found out today a work mate has had the virus as well,and the wife has a co-worker who also had it, so plenty of opportunity to be infected.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
This was last Friday and I still have a dry cough, and my chest is 'burning' in a way that feels like I've been smoking 40 a day all week. Anyone know how long this should last? I'm pretty fed up with it now.
My daughter (and strangely a 13 year old female neighbour) is suffering from similar symptoms to you. They both stay in touch on WhatsApp and their symptoms are almost identical in duration and intensity. You can check my other posts in this thread for the details.

They've had a painful chest for around 20 days now. Not sure if it was the steam treatment (5-10 minutes two or three times a day) a few days ago that is helping or they are on a natural progression of recovery but they can finally breathe to 100% capacity almost painlessly. Still not getting too excited and will continue to monitor. Seems like you've caught a bad strain, or your immune system is handling it like theirs (slow and hard).

@sammsky1 thanks for taking the time to discuss with your sister. Sorry I didn't reply. As above I'm hoping she's seeing some light at the end of this painful tunnel now. Will update again tomorrow night.

C3Pique

My daughter (and strangely a 13 year old female neighbour) is suffering from similar symptoms to you. They both stay in touch on WhatsApp and their symptoms are almost identical in duration and intensity. You can check my other posts in this thread for the details.

They've had a painful chest for around 20 days now. Not sure if it was the steam treatment (5-10 minutes two or three times a day) a few days ago that is helping or they are on a natural progression of recovery but they can finally breathe to 100% capacity almost painlessly. Still not getting too excited and will continue to monitor. Seems like you've caught a bad strain, or your immune system is handling it like theirs (slow and hard).

@sammsky1 thanks for taking the time to discuss with your sister. Sorry I didn't reply. As above I'm hoping she's seeing some light at the end of this painful tunnel now. Will update again tomorrow night.
Interesting, thanks. How did you do the steam treatment? You have a machine, or just a bowl of hot water and a towel?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I have a persistent dry cough and shortness of breath. Well it feels like a shortness of breath. My throat feels like it has closed in a little bit so in trying cough it better if that makes sense. I've no other symptoms i.e fever, body aches or anything like that. I've not been in contact with anyone since Thursday, except for my mum who is staying in the same household, she has only been to the shop and back really. She has no symptoms.

I feel like I have a slight fever now, my arms and body having this burning sensation like I've sat out on the sun a bit too much. Nothing drastic but it's there. I also still have a slight cough but shortness of breath isn't there but then again, I've done nothing but layed in bed all day. I have this lethargy as well, physical and mental.

El-Manos

Feel strange tonight, increased heart rate that comes and goes and a tight chest. No coughing, fever or headaches. No sore throat either. Hopefully it's nothing serious but I do feel weird.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting, thanks. How did you do the steam treatment? You have a machine, or just a bowl of hot water and a towel?
Just boiled water in a pot and towel over the head. No other ingredients. Don't go crazy with it though, no more than 10 minutes and 3 times or less a day. My daughter did a 15 minute stint once and said it actually hurt more. And keep a Thermos with warm water drinking from that rather than cold water.

Paxi

I'm at day 17 now, started with a head cold, then 10-11 days of mild cold symptoms, then a week of cough, chest pain and shallow breathing. No temperature or fever though. Todays feels like breathing has got easier, so hopefully it's on the way out. Not been tested or called 111.

I'm a relatively healthy 34 though, so I can definitely see how much worse it could be for someone with a respitory condition. A couple of days ago the effort it took to breathe all day left me wiped out by 8pm.
Think I feel the same I'm on day 6 I think, since the symptoms started. Had all of the above in the past 5 days but went for a light jog twice at the start of the week then by Wednesday I was having difficulties getting out of bed. I'm 30 and I quit smoking 15 months ago so I guess I'm relatively healthy. Not in the best of health but not in the worst certainly.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Feeling much better this morning. Throat has gone down to a tickle, temp has come down. Take it steady today...

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Don't get too excited yet - I always feel better in the morning, and then gradually worsen throughout the day.
Yep I normally go that way with any flu or cold. I'll try to be semi active this morning and then prob have a nap this afternoon. Cheers

BootsyCollins

All of february and first week of march my wife, daugther and stepson had a dry cough and no energy. In the beginning march my trainer colleague also came how from skiing in Austria and met up with us for a footballgame directly. We talked alot and he and his son was sick for 2-3 days just after.
A few days later and up to now ive been with a sore troath, mild dry cough and a strange feeling in general.
One night two Weeks ago i wake up in the middle of the night freezing(as i normaly do when i have a fever) but did not check the tempature and fell asleep again 1 hour later.

No other symptoms but it dont seems to go away, and im afraid since the pollenseason starts now my symptoms only will continue.

What are the chance it was Covid, and not just the regular flu you guys think?

Edit: i also live in Sweden, so schools and preschools are open still.

To everyone infected, or feeling sick in anyway, hope you become better soon.

Last edited:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Annoying timing here. I got back to Denmark from Ethiopia 15 days ago. My partner and I have self-quarantined in a summer house since then. We've had our families shop for us, and they've visited us but we've stayed outside at kept proper distance. They've even brought their own coffee/tea and mugs.
Yesterday I noticed a bit of a tight chest occasionally. Today it's pretty consistently there. I've had asthma in the past and it feels a bit like that. We were meant to go visit families' gardens today but I've decided to stay back in the summer house as a precaution. So we'll see how this plays out. It might be nothing or something that's not covid-19. It's difficult to see how I should have been infected, but here we are.

What I'm curious about in this thread is where you all think you picked up the virus.
I spent 4 hours in the car with a girl who almost certainly had it, she had a fever and a cough that lasted for a week or two. A few friends also had a bad dose of flu around the same time, and I was catching a packed commuter train into Milan every day throughout February.

I'm not certain I or any of them had it but considering the location it's fairly likely. I hope we did anyway.

Paxi

I have a persistent dry cough and shortness of breath. Well it feels like a shortness of breath. My throat feels like it has closed in a little bit so in trying cough it better if that makes sense. I've no other symptoms i.e fever, body aches or anything like that. I've not been in contact with anyone since Thursday, except for my mum who is staying in the same household, she has only been to the shop and back really. She has no symptoms.
I feel like I have a slight fever now, my arms and body having this burning sensation like I've sat out on the sun a bit too much. Nothing drastic but it's there. I also still have a slight cough but shortness of breath isn't there but then again, I've done nothing but layed in bed all day. I have this lethargy as well, physical and mental.
I have what feels like a shortness of breath. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what. I feel pretty much exhausted after going down the stairs and back up again. I've a mild headache. I also still have a cough which is fairly mild as well, it's not like it's coming down from the bottom of my lungs but it is producing sputum sometimes. I've also checked my oxygen levels and it's at 94%. I'm 30 years old and slightly overweight. I mean about 110kg for 181cm height but even when I was running 10 miles a day I was 80kg. I'd say my optimum peak fitness weight would be 85kg now, maybe slightly more so I guess. So what I'm trying to say -- I've always been deceptively heavy so it difficult to say exactly how overweight I am. I should also add that I quit smoking 15 months ago after smoking for 12 years. Anyway, I'm having bouts of dyspnoea or at least that's what it feels like. The key thing is, I don't seem to have a fever? I don't have a thermometer and everywhere I checked is out of stock so I can't even check my body temperature. If I do have a fever it would be a very low grade fever, I mean, I feel slightly off at times, like previously mentioned -- like I sat out in the sun for slightly too long but nothing major. I get slight chills or something, but theses symptoms are so minimal, I'm left wondering if I'm just imaging it. :houllier:

So definite symptoms are: cough for past 6-7 days. Lethargy and tiredness mental and physical for past 5 days. Shortness of breath on three different occasions in past 5 days lasting entire time I've been awake. Chest pain but it comes and goes. Fairly mild but nevertheless noticeable headache for periods during the past 5 days. And no fever, if there is, I can't tell for sure. And my oxygen level is 94% lying down, resting. I'm wondering do I have this thing or not.

@Arruda I realise you're probably flat out by now, but maybe if you could take a few minutes to read through 2 of my previous posts that I've quoted and give me bit of advice. I'd very much appreciate it. I am self isolating but reading about people deteriorating very quickly does make my panicky. On the other hand is this even Covid, if I can't really tell if is as I can't tell if I have a fever or not. I really don't know, and I already rang my out of hours GP, they advised me to ring my local GP who will then decide to whether book me in to one of the dedicated covid clinics or whatever. Problem is, I don't want him to get me to go and get checked out and still not get tested as they only test people that are admitted to hospital. I don't want to go where I could catch the bloody thing anyway hence I decided against ringing my GP as my symptoms seem to be manageable thus far. Anyone else who has medical expertise is obviously free to answer my query with Arruda, and thanks in advance mate. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: I should also add that I check my 02 saturation levels on my note 9 so I guess it's not going to be as accurate but it does seem to fluctuate between 94 and 97%. It went to 85% at one point but I'm pretty sure that was a glitch as I've tested it again straight away and it was 96%.

Last edited:

C3Pique

So definite symptoms are: cough for past 6-7 days. Lethargy and tiredness mental and physical for past 5 days. Shortness of breath on three different occasions in past 5 days lasting entire time I've been awake. Chest pain but it comes and goes. Fairly mild but nevertheless noticeable headache for periods during the past 5 days. And no fever, if there is, I can't tell for sure. And my oxygen level is 94% lying down, resting. I'm wondering do I have this thing or not.
Sounds the same as I had, I didn't have a fever either. One thing I noticed is that even resting, my heart would be racing, presumably because my blood oxygen levels were low.

Hopefully I'm out of the woods now, went out in the garden and cut the grass and scraped the weeds off of the drive yesterday - got a good sweat on in the sun which seemed to do me some good. Still have a little cough but my breathing is much better.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
@MaxiPaxi You say you have been in contact with no one but your mother since thursday? And before that, what were you doing? Where do you live?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Sounds the same as I had, I didn't have a fever either. One thing I noticed is that even resting, my heart would be racing, presumably because my blood oxygen levels were low.

Hopefully I'm out of the woods now, went out in the garden and cut the grass and scraped the weeds off of the drive yesterday - got a good sweat on in the sun which seemed to do me some good. Still have a little cough but my breathing is much better.
That's good to hear C. Keep an eye on a relapse but otherwise I'd say you've done the right things. My daughter, and the neighbour, who were feeling better have both been hit hard again. Pains in the chest, breathing problems. I will take me daughter out in the summer sun today (finally) and hope it works.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
@MaxiPaxi I now noticed your "thursday" post was last wednesday, so you mean thursday 26th, right? What were you doing before then? Normal pre-pandemic levels of social/work contact? If you were here I would signal you for testing based on those symptoms, but I don't know what resources your country has available for this.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
And sorry for not replying before, I rarely pay attention to this thread, maybe I should.

C3Pique

That's good to hear C. Keep an eye on a relapse but otherwise I'd say you've done the right things. My daughter, and the neighbour, who were feeling better have both been hit hard again. Pains in the chest, breathing problems. I will take me daughter out in the summer sun today (finally) and hope it works.
Thanks, it seems to stick around. I had a couple of times where I felt like it was gone only to struggle again the next day. Going to do a bit of boxing in the garden with the Mrs this afternoon to try and get a sweat on, sitting indoors doing nowt seems to make it worse - or at least not provide any distraction from it.

Paxi

@MaxiPaxi I now noticed your "thursday" post was last wednesday, so you mean thursday 26th, right? What were you doing before then? Normal pre-pandemic levels of social/work contact? If you were here I would signal you for testing based on those symptoms, but I don't know what resources your country has available for this.
And sorry for not replying before, I rarely pay attention to this thread, maybe I should.
I live by myself in a semi detached 2 bedroom house but my mum had to come over because her and her husband are going through a divorce and the place she was staying had to close as it was a holiday home that was maintained by staff all year round. So there is two of us at the minute but my mum isn't presenting any symptoms. She has been here for the past 10 days.
l was going out for a walk once a day. Going to my local shop when needed. Pharmacy etc. There wasn't much social contact at all to be honest with you. Most exposure I would have got is going to the shop and pharmacy and touching maybe surfaces and coming in contact with money. That was around 10 days.
Thanks for getting back to me man. Really appreciate it. And no don't be sorry for anything at all, it's just that I knew you were a doc and I asked as a last resort, I know you have enough on your plate right now but I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Paxi

Good to hear mate. How are your energy levels? Mine are still down in the dumps. I've slept all day and evening here but I'm up now. My sleeping pattern is really up the fecking wall here. It's a bollocks in an of its self.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Good to hear mate. How are your energy levels? Mine are still down in the dumps. I've slept all day and evening here but I'm up now. My sleeping pattern is really up the fecking wall here. It's a bollocks in an of its self.
Don't feel bad about sleeping. It's the best thing you can do. don't feel you have to get moving.

Paxi

Don't feel bad about sleeping. It's the best thing you can do. don't feel you have to get moving.
I know I actually have a bit more energy levels I think, which is good obviously but well see.

arnie_ni

How you feeling today? Better I hope.

Do you mind playing the role of 'whistle blower'? How would you feel about writing to your MP, and also to Government departments, and perhaps current CEO of PO.
Every staff member of my wifes store has been in contact with their local mla who are writing letters to head office about how HR and head office have dealt with them