Caftard Becomes Commentator and gets his team promoted - Congratulations Required!

Alemar

They're promoted to the National League, I believe, from the National League South.

So one level below League 2. I think.
Good stuff regardless! Maybe next year they will make it to League 2 then!

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Wow. I've only just sat down. What an experience that was and I'm so proud of the manager and the team.

What an amazing day. From a selfish point of view im very interested to hear the commentary back later.

Thank you all for the amazing support you've given me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just watched the video, I'd agree with your own thoughts about you slipping into radio mode and maybe over explaining everything we can see.

One other little thing, don't know if it's your accent, or short tongued or something but you seem to pronounce "th" as an "f" now and again, not all the time though. I know loads of people who do it, a bad habit they've slipped into a can't get out of. If it's just a habit and you can get out of it. Would just make you sound that little more professional.

Apologies if it's something out of your control

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wow. I've only just sat down. What an experience that was and I'm so proud of the manager and the team.

What an amazing day. From a selfish point of view im very interested to hear the commentary back later.

Thank you all for the amazing support you've given me.
Any chance of a highlights vid later? Apologies that I couldn't watch live but was indisposed by my child (typically poor timing). Congratulations regardless!!

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Any chance of a highlights vid later? Apologies that I couldn't watch live but was indisposed by my child (typically poor timing). Congratulations regardless!!
Yes, but there is a league embargo that prevents the club from posting them anywhere until a certain time. As soon as they're allowed to post I'll share them here.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

I hope you guys don't mind me posting these tweets here and kindly asking you to share? @Damien please delete if this is a bit naughty?

As with most fields, self promotion is really important and I feel like striking while the iron is hot is important.

Thank you all.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I hope you guys don't mind me posting these tweets here and kindly asking you to share? @Damien please delete if this is a bit naughty?

As with most fields, self promotion is really important and I feel like striking while the iron is hot is important.

Thank you all.
That's fine. Good luck.

Superunknown

I should have posted this a couple of days ago, but with working dull time and preparing to do the final on Saturday it just slipped my mind.

A couple of notes; firstly, all of the negative feedback I have had (including from my own dad) has been about the guy with me. He won't be there on Saturday.

You will notice that I have a habit of slipping in to radio mode during this. Being my first TV commentary its only natural, but something to work on going forward.
Only just spotted this thread. Mate, your voice is fantastic. You sound like a professional and experienced commentator already. Massive difference in the way you and the other commentator carry yourself. As somebody who hates their own voice, I am extremely jealous!

Good luck with this as a career!

hungrywing

Thank you all.
You even have the name for it. Nominative determinism ftw!

Evil question: what would you do if you landed a big gig but they told you that you had to de-register from any internet forums to maintain their brand image of impartiality?

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Only just spotted this thread. Mate, your voice is fantastic. You sound like a professional and experienced commentator already. Massive difference in the way you and the other commentator carry yourself. As somebody who hates their own voice, I am extremely jealous!

Good luck with this as a career!
Thank you mate.
Wow, congratulations!!! Thats beyond brilliant!!!
Thank you.
That's great. Congrats @Rolandofgilead !
Thank you
Well in Rolly. Congrats.
thank you.
You even have the name for it. Nominative determinism ftw!

Evil question: what would you do if you landed a big gig but they told you that you had to de-register from any internet forums to maintain their brand image of impartiality?
Thank you. Errrrm in that scenario then I would do as I am asked. This field is hard enough to break in to as it is.

With that in mind, please all of you feel free to share and retweet etc. I really would appreciate it.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

Well guys, here are the highlights of the play off final that I did on Saturday. Couple of notes, firstly, I really need to work on my intro, coupled with some early nerves it doesn't sound good at all.

Secondly we had so much unanticipated filler we needed to come up with we ended up repeating a few things.

And thirdly, I worked really hard all week to cut that radio mode problem out and although I think I did better this week, its still there fairly prominently.

Bonus note, if you listen closely during the celebrations you catch me choking up a couple of times. I did my absolute best to be professional though, I hope it comes across that way.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Rolandofgilead right at the end (I think around 93’ from memory) Weymouth got a corner and you said something along the lines of “can Weymouth repeat the late drama from the semi final”, but as you said “can Weymouth” I honestly thought you were going to say “...score, they always score” :lol:

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
@Rolandofgilead right at the end (I think around 93’ from memory) Weymouth got a corner and you said something along the lines of “can Weymouth repeat the late drama from the semi final”, but as you said “can Weymouth” I honestly thought you were going to say “...score, they always score” :lol:
:lol: to be honest I think that's what was going through my mind but mid thought I decided it was too biased :lol: