Gaming Call of Duty: Cold War

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just watched a bit more footage of this and the recoil looks non existent
They said they did it to stop the headshots coming from the opposition player.

I think it's going to be a very - if your good enough, your good enough type of cod.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They said they did it to stop the headshots coming from the opposition player.

I think it's going to be a very - if your good enough, your good enough type of cod.
As in stop people aiming for chest and hitting head? Seems kind of a weird reason. I think they did it because they know keeping new and/or crappy players happy will mean more people playing and buying stuff.

But yeah, should make it interesting in a sense, I guess.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
As in stop people aiming for chest and hitting head? Seems kind of a weird reason. I think they did it because they know keeping new and/or crappy players happy will mean more people playing and buying stuff.

But yeah, should make it interesting in a sense, I guess.
No because for example if you shoot me - my recoil goes up aswell allowing me to accidentally get a headshot on you even if i wasnt aiming there ( because of the recoil).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No because for example if you shoot me - my recoil goes up aswell allowing me to accidentally get a headshot on you even if i wasnt aiming there ( because of the recoil).
That’s what I said haha. But recoil does make it more difficult, aside from when you’re accurate enough to hit the chest and it kicks up.

I reckon it’s a cop out.

pascell

Some of the clips of the multiplayer I've seen have insane ads and zero recoil. Gonna be a massively different game. Interested how it links in with Warzone, because it doesn't really seem possible.
New map which is ran on a different server to the other perhaps? Not sure if that's possible?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
New map which is ran on a different server to the other perhaps? Not sure if that's possible?
The more I think about it the more I think it doesn't work unless they start fully afresh with this game. But from what people are saying they're carrying things over from the current game.

LonelyFire

Spent last few hours playing it - few likes and a few dislikes.

I like the gunsmith - think it’s a huge improvement on MW. The movement system is also very fluid. If you like previous Black Ops games it will feel familiar. Handling of the weapons in game, in general feels really smooth.

Dislikes - the maps are too big for 6v6 (with exception of Satellite). Obviously it’s an alpha and you’re only getting limited options but it’s a concern they’ve went for too much. The Miami map while visually stunning is a complete mess. Spawns are horrendous on all maps and need to be immediately reworked.

No Marksman Rifles which surprised me. Unless that’s just because it’s the Alpha.

LonelyFire

Interesting. I thought they weren't going to have much of one in this one. Can you say more about it?
Everything you add to your gun has a clear % indicator on the effect it has to the weapon, therefore, making it very simple to understand and make your decision. If you’ve played a lot of MW, you’ll know that there is clearly hidden traits in weapons that aren’t accounted for which is infuriating.

Also, you can play something called a wildcard (it’s just like a perk) that immediately allows you to put 8 attachments on your weapons so you can go straight in with pretty powerful guns as opposed to levelling up through XP like MW.

That stuff is definitely a big improvement. Plenty of other problems right enough - maps being the biggest one.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ive enjoyed it in the few games I played. Visually it's very pleasing on the eye and it flows well.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
For those who love Zombies

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Playing the beta here.

First impressions are that it’s fecking awful.
Feels like a mobile game, and looks like one on the og Xbox One. Thankfully I expect that side to change soon, but the feel of it won’t much. Total step backwards - by about 10 years.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
The movement is awful though the sliding feels nice, the visuals are not great, the animations are honestly terrible. You throw a proximity mine like a frisbee, and you throw grenades about 1,000 metres underarm like you're a ninja throwing shurikens. The guns are all pointing to the left, and I could make a bigger sight by touching my thumb and pointer together in an 'ok' sign than using the sights in Cold War. The TTK is too long and the same garbage friends list is there showing your friends offline and you showing offline to them.

Not many steps forward, and many steps back. It feels like Battlefront II/Titanfall.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The movement is awful though the sliding feels nice, the visuals are not great, the animations are honestly terrible. You throw a proximity mine like a frisbee, and you throw grenades about 1,000 metres underarm like you're a ninja throwing shurikens. The guns are all pointing to the left, and I could make a bigger sight by touching my thumb and pointer together in an 'ok' sign than using the sights in Cold War. The TTK is too long and the same garbage friends list is there showing your friends offline and you showing offline to them.

Not many steps forward, and many steps back. It feels like Battlefront II/Titanfall.
That mine throwing animation is laughably bad.

I hate the sliding though. It’s far too quick and unnatural. Not that it’s realistic in mw, but this just feels so arcadey.

Santos J

That mine throwing animation is laughably bad.

I hate the sliding though. It’s far too quick and unnatural. Not that it’s realistic in mw, but this just feels so arcadey.
Yeah movement is fecking horrible, sound feels really echoey as well for some reason. Gave up after a few games, probably jump back on over the weekend but not really a fan so far.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah movement is fecking horrible, sound feels really echoey as well for some reason. Gave up after a few games, probably jump back on over the weekend but not really a fan so far.
Yeah the sound is odd. The footsteps sound strange to me. Like they put too much reverb on them. The aiming is rough too. Sometimes the aim assist with controller is really strong, sometimes not. Causes you to fly in all directions. Would maybe get used to it, but don’t know if you could with the inconsistency.

Also is it just me that can’t actually see anything with the iron sights while shooting?

Bosws87

:lol: is that actually a real thing confirmed and said by the development team, as if recoil can only go in an upwards pattern

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m started to think all the issues, including the shitty recoil, are down to them not having long enough to make the game, as well the pandemic doing its bit.

Someone on Reddit said it feels like a cheap Chinese knock off with decent graphics (unless you’re on an og console). About right.

We could of course give them some leeway with the pandemic, but when they’re still charging £65, they can get to feck. Think I’m going to cancel my preorder and pick it up cheaper down the line if it picks up. Only issue is if I’ll be punished in Warzone not having it.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Feels slow for a CoD. Like an in between of Battlefield and last CoD. Not sure of it so far. Also I can’t hear a single footstep

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've cancelled my preorder. Hopefully a spate of cancels will give them a kick up the arse, and I can buy a decent game in a few months.

Paxi

How has everyone found it? Except for looking absolutely gorgeous, I found it quite trash. Feel like everyone will be sticking to Modern Warfare.

Paxi

Anyone agree with this? I played a bit and thought it was absolutely dog shit.

Paxi

Is anyone getting this?

I didn't buy it and I'll be sticking to MW unless I see a lot good things about it from fellow posters.

Santos J

I've got it but not expecting much from it, wasn't really a fan of the BETA.

Paxi

I've got it but not expecting much from it, wasn't really a fan of the BETA.
Yeah BETA sucked. The whole gameplay was so jarring compared to MW. I'll wait and see what people think about it but I'm happy with MW for another year for sure.

ben_united

I'll probably only buy it if it feels like it benefits the Warzone experience.

ShinjiNinja26

I actually think this one looks pretty good compared to the shite they’ve brought out in recent years. People are saying it’s more like Black ops 1 and 2 which I’m all for, they were the last ones I properly played. Then I played Ghosts which scarred me for life been put off ever since, fecking terrible game and the ones that followed didn’t look much better.

Santos J

Calling this trash would be being generous

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Definitely won't be getting this.

MW2 was the GOAT, so disappointing there's never been a game since that reached that crazy high standard of pure fun and chaos :( It was a truly addictive game!

Paxi

Redditers are taking a huge dump on the game. Just one of many similar comments. Im glad I didn't buy this.

8 fecking multiplayer maps. 1 zombies map. Terribly unfinished. Gameplay and movement is horrendous, guns sound worse than World At War, animations are awful. Gimmicky, free to play, type of feel to the game

This has to be the worst drop in quality in Call Of Duty’s history. This doesn’t even feel like a COD game. To go from MW to this...astounding

Santos J

Redditers are taking a huge dump on the game. Just one of many similar comments. Im glad I didn't buy this.
Yeah strongly agree with the 'Gimmicky, free to play, type of feel to the game' too, said the exact thing to my mates earlier it really does have that feel to it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Aaah oh well at least. I save SSD space and cash! Just stick with MW for now then.

Paxi

Yeah strongly agree with the 'Gimmicky, free to play, type of feel to the game' too, said the exact thing to my mates earlier it really does have that feel to it.
You think you and your mates will stick with it?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For sure.
Tbf I don’t like COD most years and stay clear but MW is brilliant and ripped me away from Battlefield which is an achievement as it has similar pacing and is a lot more fun.

I take it it’s almost going back to the stupidly fast pace COD?

Paxi

Tbf I don’t like COD most years and stay clear but MW is brilliant and ripped me away from Battlefield which is an achievement as it has similar pacing and is a lot more fun.

I take it it’s almost going back to the stupidly fast pace COD?
I've no idea mate. I only played the beta and it was all over the place with people sliding all over the place. I really like mw myself and its getting support with new seasons dropping for the foreseeable so I'm not that bothered.