Gaming Call of Duty: Cold War

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's a shame i'll probably have to buy this shit to get the most out of WZ as the gradually shift over to it more and more.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
it's a shame i'll probably have to buy this shit to get the most out of WZ as the gradually shift over to it more and more.
Well if players just stick to mw then Activision will stay where the money/players are imo.

binary bot
The base games have been trending down for years - less maps, gameplay that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Warzone was a masterpiece but the actual standard cod part of mw was poor other than aesthetics.

Now you havent even got the visual appeal

ArjenIsM3

Player it for a few hours now and I'm shocked at how bad it is. Modern Warfare was really good apart from the bugs but this is just terrible

LonelyFire

Player it for a few hours now and I'm shocked at how bad it is. Modern Warfare was really good apart from the bugs but this is just terrible
Modern Warfare was full of completely broken mechanics. Unless you’re ok with getting sniped by someone while their mid jump? Let’s not even talk about drop shots either or the piss poor audio. Aesthetically, it’s the best COD game there has ever been without a doubt. Gameplay wise? Really good is a massive stretch.

Not made up my mind on Cold War yet. Maps aren’t great and weapons need balancing. Suspect we won’t see best of it until next gen version.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
They clearly spent along time focusing on individual weapon feelings for the PS5 dualsense rumble feedback in this years game. I think the game as a whole may have suffered for it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agreed, Modern Warfare is a great game. It suffered a fair bit from a lack of testing throughout, which is unforgivable with their budget, even in a pandemic, but doesn’t stop it being a great game.

It’s not perfect, but it plays brilliantly.

ArjenIsM3

Modern Warfare was full of completely broken mechanics. Unless you’re ok with getting sniped by someone while their mid jump? Let’s not even talk about drop shots either or the piss poor audio. Aesthetically, it’s the best COD game there has ever been without a doubt. Gameplay wise? Really good is a massive stretch.

Not made up my mind on Cold War yet. Maps aren’t great and weapons need balancing. Suspect we won’t see best of it until next gen version.
Wouldn't say I'm okay with it but I've gotten used to it. Call of Duty has always been full of bollocks. Quickscoping, dropshots, 360s and at one point they introduced more crap like fecking wall running and jetpacks. If I want that I'll play Halo. The game isn't perfect but it's a lot better than the previous versions imho. The amount of bugs annoyed me the most. For example I have a proper high end gaming PC and I can play Warzone for 2 games with steady 140FPS but the next game I'll inexplicably have 80FPS with massive framedrops to boot. Need to restart the game to fix it and friends have had similar issues. I've had it since release and it still happens (though I think it's become less frequent but that could be me).

With BOCW I've installed the high res textures and run everything on max but it still looks like shit. The audio is horrible. I mean even the music is bad like they downloaded some free pack off the internet. It plays like an arcade shooter mechanics wise. The maps and weapons aren't balanced. Literally the one good thing about the game is they've reintroduced Zombies.

LonelyFire

Wouldn't say I'm okay with it but I've gotten used to it. Call of Duty has always been full of bollocks. Quickscoping, dropshots, 360s and at one point they introduced more crap like fecking wall running and jetpacks. If I want that I'll play Halo. The game isn't perfect but it's a lot better than the previous versions imho. The amount of bugs annoyed me the most. For example I have a proper high end gaming PC and I can play Warzone for 2 games with steady 140FPS but the next game I'll inexplicably have 80FPS with massive framedrops to boot. Need to restart the game to fix it and friends have had similar issues. I've had it since release and it still happens (though I think it's become less frequent but that could be me).

With BOCW I've installed the high res textures and run everything on max but it still looks like shit. The audio is horrible. I mean even the music is bad like they downloaded some free pack off the internet. It plays like an arcade shooter mechanics wise. The maps and weapons aren't balanced. Literally the one good thing about the game is they've reintroduced Zombies.
Black Ops has always felt a little more on the arcade feel - it’s the way Treyarch make the game so I was prepared for it. Would agree on weapons and maps needing work but I think they’ll sort that fairly quickly. I’m an old school
Zombies mode player so was hyped for this year. They’ve put a ton of work into it.

I do wonder if we won’t see best of the game until the next gen version is out. All we’re getting now is window dressing stuff really.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
The lack of detail and options for guns early on seems horrendous and not much between them in their respective class.

certainly not worth the money paid to purchase, feels like beta access.

feck all guns and feck all maps.

ArjenIsM3

Black Ops has always felt a little more on the arcade feel - it’s the way Treyarch make the game so I was prepared for it. Would agree on weapons and maps needing work but I think they’ll sort that fairly quickly. I’m an old school
Zombies mode player so was hyped for this year. They’ve put a ton of work into it.

I do wonder if we won’t see best of the game until the next gen version is out. All we’re getting now is window dressing stuff really.
Does the next gen version impact the PC version?

ShinjiNinja26

This is a weird one, the game seems to be getting panned here on the Caf but some of the videos I’ve watched from YouTube COD players say the opposite it’s actually pretty good and plays a bit like Black Ops 2. :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I finished the campaign today. It was a by the numbers COD campaign. It has stealth missions, chopper missions, and all the usual suspects. It is also pretty short, even by COD's standards.

I played the game on Series X at 4k with ray tracing on. I did not notice it at all. The game just looked like a sharper Xbox One game.

I've only had a couple of MP games so I can't really comment on that.

Bosws87

Treyarch :nono:

Really hate giving a game created by a certain dev then letting others carry it on or alternating in this case.

just like Gears and Halo they should of been scrapped once the original developers called it a day.

watched a mate play it today game looks as awful as ever. We waited years for a new engine and a considerable upgrade which came in the form of modern warfare now we begin the constant yearly reskinnings until their hand is forced.

LonelyFire

I finished the campaign today. It was a by the numbers COD campaign. It has stealth missions, chopper missions, and all the usual suspects. It is also pretty short, even by COD's standards.

I played the game on Series X at 4k with ray tracing on. I did not notice it at all. The game just looked like a sharper Xbox One game.

I've only had a couple of MP games so I can't really comment on that.
That’s because that is exactly what you’re playing. The next gen version isn’t out until December.

Santos J

That’s because that is exactly what you’re playing. The next gen version isn’t out until December.
Based on what? Not on console so doesn't bother me either way but can't find anything about this? The December update is just content.

Last edited:

hobbers

Looking like a typically horrendous installment. SBMM and the utterly broken aim assist coupled with crossplay means there's plenty for everyone to moan about.

Bosws87

The new cod runs better on the PS5 in 120fps mode very small difference but people may want to choose the better version.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Treyarch :nono:

Really hate giving a game created by a certain dev then letting others carry it on or alternating in this case.

just like Gears and Halo they should of been scrapped once the original developers called it a day.

watched a mate play it today game looks as awful as ever. We waited years for a new engine and a considerable upgrade which came in the form of modern warfare now we begin the constant yearly reskinnings until their hand is forced.
BOCW uses the BO3 engine unfortunately. I wish it was just a reskin of the IW engine.

Bosws87

BOCW uses the BO3 engine unfortunately. I wish it was just a reskin of the IW engine.
Really, thats a real shame as the modern warfare engine is really nice (if we ignore the file sizes) seems like a bit of backwards step.

GBBQ

Bought the cross-platform version. Got up to level 35 on PS4 and switched to PS5 today. Its a big change, the trigger feedback took some getting used to on the M-16 (much harder to keep firing) and I definitely need to fine tune the sensitivity of the sticks because my aim was way off.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So I'm thinking of buying the new COD on PS5, but I've barely ever played it outside of times I helped "make up numbers" when I was with my cousins.

I was so shit. I remember trying to shoot someone, they had a gun, they had time to just run to me and stab me for the kick of it and walk away. That's how bad I was! I walk around and get shot every time before respawning.
So I want to ask, what tips/tricks can people offer in learning the game and developing into a good COD player? I'm really shite at the game I think but it looks fun if you get good.

Bojan11

So I'm thinking of buying the new COD on PS5, but I've barely ever played it outside of times I helped "make up numbers" when I was with my cousins.

I was so shit. I remember trying to shoot someone, they had a gun, they had time to just run to me and stab me for the kick of it and walk away. That's how bad I was! I walk around and get shot every time before respawning.
So I want to ask, what tips/tricks can people offer in learning the game and developing into a good COD player? I'm really shite at the game I think but it looks fun if you get good.
@VeevaVee is best COD player on here. But main tips would be like any shooter know the strong weapons and more importantly know the map.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

You were probably playing with people on a similar level to them. You’ll get matched with people similar to you if you play on your own so it won’t be so rough.

Gotta get your accuracy and reactions up first thing I think. I’d say just play multiplayer a lot but some of my mates have and they’re still pap, so I dunno :lol:

Main issue I see them having is being too static and lack of accuracy. I guess you’ve got to play more and actually think about trying to do things quicker.

After that knowing the maps and game sense are important. That’ll come. It’s no use if you can’t twat their head off when you see people, so I think that’s more important personally.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Learn how to read the map on the corner of the screen. It obvious to say but it will show you where a) your team mates are, B) what the actual environment looks like, c) where the enemy are either by a UAV or them shooting their guns without a silencer which reveals their positions on the map as red dots.

The next thing you need to do is decide if you are going to run around like your crazy and find everyone on every corner of the map for you to kill or - your going to find an area on the map where you stick to, maybe hiding from people and wait until the enemy comes towards you before killing them (camping).

The benefit of running around the whole map like a mad man is that it's fun, quick and you get to learn the map a whole lot quicker which you need to do - but you will almost definitely get killed more often from different angles because your running consistently in to dangerous positions.

Compare this to camping in a safer spot, the action may be slower but you get to focus on the mechanics of your gun play first - killing the enemies that walk in to your way; but you wont be getting much kills either, neither would you be dying as much. It's about striking a nice balance. Try camping first and as you get more confident with the gun mechanism try to learn the map more by running around and camping in different areas of the map bit by bit strategically.

Make sure you always set up the UAV as your Killstreak.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You were probably playing with people on a similar level to them. You’ll get matched with people similar to you if you play on your own so it won’t be so rough.

Gotta get your accuracy and reactions up first thing I think. I’d say just play multiplayer a lot but some of my mates have and they’re still pap, so I dunno :lol:

Main issue I see them having is being too static and lack of accuracy. I guess you’ve got to play more and actually think about trying to do things quicker.

After that knowing the maps and game sense are important. That’ll come. It’s no use if you can’t twat their head off when you see people, so I think that’s more important personally.
Thanks, I'll pratcise online first in that case. And move around a lot :lol:

Learn how to read the map on the corner of the screen. It obvious to say but it will show you where a) your team mates are, B) what the actual environment looks like, c) where the enemy are either by a UAV or them shooting their guns without a silencer which reveals their positions on the map as red dots.

The next thing you need to do is decide if you are going to run around like your crazy and find everyone on every corner of the map for you to kill or - your going to find an area on the map where you stick to, maybe hiding from people and wait until the enemy comes towards you before killing them (camping).

The benefit of running around the whole map like a mad man is that it's fun, quick and you get to learn the map a whole lot quicker which you need to do - but you will almost definitely get killed more often from different angles because your running consistently in to dangerous positions.

Compare this to camping in a safer spot, the action may be slower but you get to focus on the mechanics of your gun play first - killing the enemies that walk in to your way; but you wont be getting much kills either, neither would you be dying as much. It's about striking a nice balance. Try camping first and as you get more confident with the gun mechanism try to learn the map more by running around and camping in different areas of the map bit by bit strategically.

Make sure you always set up the UAV as your Killstreak.
Ah map reading, sounds tricky but I'll give it a go. Will try camping to improve accuracy first. Thanks

@VeevaVee is best COD player on here. But main tips would be like any shooter know the strong weapons and more importantly know the map.
VeevaVee needs a nickname update !

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't even play cod :lol:

However on PC I fancy my chances on any fps of at least keeping up until I've learned the maps at least.
I’ll smash you on controller ez

Are you playing cold war?
Nah I played the beta and hated it. Cancelled my preorder. I might pick it up at some point when they no doubt make it necessary for the wz metas