Gaming Call of Duty: Cold War

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
You'd think they would include Warzone in the giant download for the PS5 version but no, now I have to go and download Modern Warfare in its entirety, and then delete the shit I don't want in there :annoyed:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
You'd think they would include Warzone in the giant download for the PS5 version but no, now I have to go and download Modern Warfare in its entirety, and then delete the shit I don't want in there :annoyed:
Wait, is it not in there already?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ll smash you on controller ez

Nah I played the beta and hated it. Cancelled my preorder. I might pick it up at some point when they no doubt make it necessary for the wz metas
Aye I think I've got a pc code with the gpu I purchased.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've no doubt you would!

I might brush up on some of the ol' Halo when I get the chance, see if I can bring the magic back for some games with you guys :lol:

Though it would then be funny if we switched to the PC version ;)
Nah I’d be shite to be honest. For a good while anyway.

I’ll get the new Halo when it’s out. Not played one since the first couple.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone else having problems with multiplayer am just waiting in lobbies for 20 minutes and it’s not filling up?

RedDevilRoshi

Going to start the campaign for this today. Anyone that’s already played it, is it any good?

ShinjiNinja26

I’m planning on buying this just wanted to know if there’s any difference in file size between the disc and digital versions of the game? With storage space at a premium on these new consoles is one a better option than the other or are they the exact same?

Santos J

I’m planning on buying this just wanted to know if there’s any difference in file size between the disc and digital versions of the game? With storage space at a premium on these new consoles is one a better option than the other or are they the exact same?
Apparently not much in it if anything at all, the disc is effectively just a license.

ovoxo

Just picked this up today. First time playing COD since black ops!:wenger: I’m looking forward to trying out the triggers on the ps5 with this!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
When I’m running with my gadgie, occasionally it will jolt to the left - is anyone else experiencing this? It doesn’t seem to happen on any other game.

Deery

Dreary
Played the campaign and finished it today, really enjoyed it.
How did anyone else’s end go? I ended up with the leader on a cliff and we both turned guns on each other then it went to a blank screen.. I choose to cooperate so I’m wondering what the other ending was?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Just picked this up today. First time playing COD since black ops!:wenger: I’m looking forward to trying out the triggers on the ps5 with this!
As a person in the military the way it makes it feel like squee8a trigger is pretty cool.

RedDevilRoshi

How did anyone else’s end go? I ended up with the leader on a cliff and we both turned guns on each other then it went to a blank screen.. I choose to cooperate so I’m wondering what the other ending was?
Got the same ending as you. Might replay the identity crisis mission and go for the other option as I’m quite intrigued too see how that one ends.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I’m completely avoiding the game until they patch these crashing issues. My fears of the console bricking outweigh the urge to play it at the moment.
when it starts to freeze I instantly dashboard it manually. You can tell when it is going to happen as it goes from laggy to jittery

Jonno

Got the same ending as you. Might replay the identity crisis mission and go for the other option as I’m quite intrigued too see how that one ends.
Also just finished on my Xbox Series X, same ending as you both

I personally thought the graphics were gorgeous, the story line was fun and I enjoyed the twist.

Ive not played COD for about 10 years so was on the easiest mode haha! I’ll go back, re-play on a harder setting and find the alternative ending

Woodzy

I’m completely avoiding the game until they patch these crashing issues. My fears of the console bricking outweigh the urge to play it at the moment.
You know what, I’ve had some of these crashes as well and my thoughts exactly was that my console was in danger of bricking.

ShinjiNinja26

You know what, I’ve had some of these crashes as well and my thoughts exactly was that my console was in danger of bricking.
I’ve been playing recently on Series X and the issue seems to be resolved, doesn’t help the game overall still has a shit ton of problems but the main issue of crashing the console seems to be resolved on Series X anyway.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If it wasn’t for nuketown 24/7 I don’t think I’d have played this again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Playing this shite now on the free access just to level guns for wz. The matchmaking is garbage. I’m consistently the best player in my team even though I’m not that good at this cod yet. Haven’t won a single game because it’s putting absolute pies in my team.

Someone gets behind you every single time as well, no matter where you are.

Thought people said the graphics were at least meant to be slick as well? They’re not that good

Last edited:

acnumber9

The worst thing about it is how it makes actually playing the objective pointless. And most people already didn’t care about playing the objective.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Mac 10 handles disgustingly in CW. I can only assume it gets much better with more attachments on, and/or is a lot easier to handle in WZ, because there’s no way I’d use this over an MP5 at the mo

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Considering just sucking it up and buying this. Will I need the cross gen version for Series X? Or is that only if you were playing on both gens? I presume the former.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Something wrong with their servers. Takes forever to get enough people in a game and when in one people very often insta shot you far too quick, many of the time without even lifting their gun up. Massively noticeable in hardcore

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Okay I think I like it? :nervous:

I'm having buttery smooth gameplay and starting to rack up decent scores on HC domination.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Realised I’d been playing this in 1080p as I recently ran my Xbox through my soundbar which is meant to have have 4k60 passthrough, but it wasn’t working for some reason.

Just switched things around and noticed significantly less fps now I’m on 4k.

Ray tracing has always been on. Guess I’ll have to turn it off and try that now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dead Ops Arcade is a hidden gem in this. They’ve clearly put a fair bit of effort in to it. Strange they’ve kinda hidden it away (apart from the big pop up advert).

I just need to work out what the feck I’m doing, then find some people who also know what they’re doing.