Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The best players are the ones playing at 11-4am at night its been that way forever in online competitive games, which is why i found it strange you were struggling for players.
Yeah normally my prime time to play unfortunately so get shit on routinely :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve heard Americans on death mics in European lobbies before. Most likely they’ll either be playing with a European host or VPNing

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So they’ve increased recoil on the aug, only affecting controller players if the DMR one is anything to go by.

Bosws87

So they’ve increased recoil on the aug, only affecting controller players if the DMR one is anything to go by.
The difference in recoil between alot of the weapons depending on your method of control can be quite staggering.

obviously controlling recoil is a million times easier with a mouse.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The difference in recoil between alot of the weapons depending on your method of control can be quite staggering.

obviously controlling recoil is a million times easier with a mouse.
No problem with high recoil guns but recoil on single fire/burst with a controller and without fov to calm down the visual effect is a whole different ballpark. When they added recoil to the dmr it was bouncing all over the show but still looked steady for pc/mnk (even with console fov).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Stealth changes to FFAR according to JGOD -

Big ads penalties for using the fast mags (50ms). This might be across the board

Takedown barrel no longer improves strafe speed (might still be the best though unless you don’t mind the Task Force recoil)

Santos J

Stealth changes to FFAR according to JGOD -

Big ads penalties for using the fast mags (50ms). This might be across the board

Takedown barrel no longer improves strafe speed (might still be the best though unless you don’t mind the Task Force recoil)
He's just done a video on those stupid akimbo shit pistols I found ages ago ffs I'll have to take the blame for starting those

P-Nut

He's just done a video on those stupid akimbo shit pistols I found ages ago ffs I'll have to take the blame for starting those
And welcome to the new meta.

I've wanted him to put out a video claiming some shit is the best thing ever and see how many idiots start running it :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It looks like instead of a new map we may just be getting a reskinned Verdansk, unless this is some kind of terrible April Fools. Big aqueduct looking thing instead of the dam?

P-Nut

It looks like instead of a new map we may just be getting a reskinned Verdansk, unless this is some kind of terrible April Fools. Big aqueduct looking thing instead of the dam?

Oh god no, won't be long till a lot move over to the new battlefield BR if that's true. Can't just have 1 map for 2 years :lol:

Santos J

oh ffs

Santos J

It's surely an April fools
Dunno, too much about it to be I reckon and Activision have been claiming YouTube vids with the footage as well which is what they did with all the other leaked shite

P-Nut

Dunno, too much about it to be I reckon and Activision have been claiming YouTube vids with the footage as well which is what they did with all the other leaked shite
Jesus christ, can't be dealing with another year of the same map. Hopefully the reskin actually changes a lot of the areas even if the layout stays the same

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah the full clip with celebs involved is surely too much effort for an April fools.

A reskin is fine if it was as well as a new map soon, but I doubt that’s the case.

It baffles me how long it takes a company with unlimited resources to do anything. Seems like they’re scared to make any big changes and ruin everything completely. Also seems like they had absolutely zero plan for continuation after MW.

Bosws87

Yeah the full clip with celebs involved is surely too much effort for an April fools.

A reskin is fine if it was as well as a new map soon, but I doubt that’s the case.

It baffles me how long it takes a company with unlimited resources to do anything. Seems like they’re scared to make any big changes and ruin everything completely. Also seems like they had absolutely zero plan for continuation after MW.
More the fact they know they can do very little and people will continue eating up the same shit over and over again.

Conor

Given that you can download Warzone for free, is it surprising that they put this level of effort into it?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Given that you can download Warzone for free, is it surprising that they put this level of effort into it?
Uh, yes!

Warzone is a massive cash cow for them, they have over 85m active players.

The Battle Royale market is also very competitive, the likes of Apex and Fortnite get new maps far more regularly than this. To still have the same map after over a year is almost unheard of.

Conor

Uh, yes!

Warzone is a massive cash cow for them, they have over 85m active players.

The Battle Royale market is also very competitive, the likes of Apex and Fortnite get new maps far more regularly than this. To still have the same map after over a year is almost unheard of.
Yes, but it's not their only product, and they would make more money from selling games than Warzone, I assume? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know how the dev studios are divided out or anything. From all of the updates etc., it seems like Warzone is not exactly top of their priority list, whether it's failure to recognise existing issues, or the introduction of a host of new ones every time. They could just be incredibly incompetent either.

Massive Spanner

Yes, but it's not their only product, and they would make more money from selling games than Warzone, I assume? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know how the dev studios are divided out or anything. From all of the updates etc., it seems like Warzone is not exactly top of their priority list, whether it's failure to recognise existing issues, or the introduction of a host of new ones every time. They could just be incredibly incompetent either.
No not at all. F2P multiplayer games make a fortune if they're successful.

https://charlieintel.com/modern-war...premium space,almost $1.93 billion in revenue.

Bosws87

Only have to look at the success of Riot with league of legends to know F2P is a far higher earner then pay to play.

Conor

Massive Spanner

That is rolling the profit of modern warfare and warzone into one figure, no? Even in that article, it mentions that black ops made over half of that figure in sales.
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here mate. Warzone is a massive cashcow for them, just like Fortnite is for Epic and Apex is for EA. If you're not clued in on how profitable successful F2P games can be I suggest you look it up.

The idea that a game that makes them hundreds of millions year on year with 80m+ active players is just some afterthought is untrue. MW and Black Ops may make more in initial sales but Warzone is a consistent money maker long after that. You are way off the mark here. I mean why do you think they went to such lengths to try integrate Black Ops with it?

Conor

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here mate. Warzone is a massive cashcow for them, just like Fortnite is for Epic and Apex is for EA. If you're not clued in on how profitable successful F2P games can be I suggest you look it up.

The idea that a game that makes them hundreds of millions year on year with 80m+ active players is just some afterthought is untrue. MW and Black Ops may make more in initial sales but Warzone is a consistent money maker long after that. You are way off the mark here. I mean why do you think they went to such lengths to try integrate Black Ops with it?
Well, mate, if we're going to get passive aggressive about it, my point is simply that warzone is slightly different to other battle royal franchises, in that it is intrinsically linked to another game, one that is one of the most popular games of all time. So it's possible that they don't have the sort of focus on it that other companies would have, as there could be an element of it being a side project to the main game, to some degree. I could easily be wrong, it was just a comment. They obviously make a fortune off the in game purchases, but they don't strictly relate to the types of things we are talking about, such as expansion of the game etc.

Massive Spanner

Well, mate, if we're going to get passive aggressive about it, my point is simply that warzone is slightly different to other battle royal franchises, in that it is intrinsically linked to another game, one that is one of the most popular games of all time. So it's possible that they don't have the sort of focus on it that other companies would have, as there could be an element of it being a side project to the main game, to some degree. I could easily be wrong, it was just a comment. They obviously make a fortune off the in game purchases, but they don't strictly relate to the types of things we are talking about, such as expansion of the game etc.
I wasn't being passive aggressive, unless where you live calling someone mate is being passive aggressive?

To your bolded point, I would say the fact that Activision have been trying to do everything in their power to unlink it from Modern Warfare tells you all about how important it is to them to make it its own thing going forward, and avoid the issues you're saying. They've already separated the two of them out in menus, separated the battle passes, and tried to link it with Black ops more than MW, it's failed for them so far though because MW is a much better game than Black Ops and has a very loyal fanbase who'd be pissed if they completely unlinked them after a year.

Warzone is very important to them, it's much more of a consistent cash cow year on year than a single release like Black Ops is. It's also huge for them to integrate with new CoD games year on year because it has such a massive player base and they know that by doing so it'll incentivise people to buy those CoD games.

I suspect the main reason we haven't seen a new map yet is simply because they're probably afraid to change the formula, which is why we've instead gotten updates to the map itself and Rebirth, the new gulag etc. The Warzone map is also absolutely massive compared to other BRs which probably plays a part.

Conor

I wasn't being passive aggressive, unless where you live calling someone mate is being passive aggressive?

To your bolded point, I would say the fact that Activision have been trying to do everything in their power to unlink it from Modern Warfare tells you all about how important it is to them to make it its own thing going forward, and avoid the issues you're saying. They've already separated the two of them out in menus, separated the battle passes, and tried to link it with Black ops more than MW, it's failed for them so far though because MW is a much better game than Black Ops and has a very loyal fanbase who'd be pissed if they completely unlinked them after a year.

Warzone is very important to them, it's much more of a consistent cash cow year on year than a single release like Black Ops is. It's also huge for them to integrate with new CoD games year on year because it has such a massive player base and they know that by doing so it'll incentivise people to buy those CoD games.

I suspect the main reason we haven't seen a new map yet is simply because they're probably afraid to change the formula, which is why we've instead gotten updates to the map itself and Rebirth, the new gulag etc. The Warzone map is also absolutely massive compared to other BRs which probably plays a part.
Fair enough MATE, you seem to know a lot more about the situation than I do, so I'm happy to admit my comment is probably wrong.

Bosws87

Anyone successfully removed modern warfare without breaking warzone in the process i tried this a while ago and ended up having to redownload the whole game again.

130gb is just a bit too much for me

AgentSmith

Is it still duos on rebirth? Not playing again till you can play trios at least.
I feel your pain. I think the playlist gets changed on Thursdays so it will hopefully be updated then.

They should just make it a mode where you can choose to play duos, trios, or quads like the normal version. It’s a really enjoyable alternative to Verdansk and they keep needlessly fecking with it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I feel your pain. I think the playlist gets changed on Thursdays so it will hopefully be updated then.

They should just make it a mode where you can choose to play duos, trios, or quads like the normal version. It’s a really enjoyable alternative to Verdansk and they keep needlessly fecking with it.
Yeah duo's is so bad. 50% of the players get wiped in the first landing, then it's back to the lobby. Ridiculous decision to go that way, especially when nobody can see eachother and just want to play online and chat to their mates.

Conor

Finally got a Series X, and I can't aim for shit now. I had gotten so used to my 5 year old, broken controller, that the new one feels alien to me :lol:

AgentSmith

Yeah duo's is so bad. 50% of the players get wiped in the first landing, then it's back to the lobby. Ridiculous decision to go that way, especially when nobody can see eachother and just want to play online and chat to their mates.
Rebirth Quads is back.

Conor

This game is so much harder than normal CoD, I literally can't get better at it. Sick to death of spending most of my time in the gulag, or death screen. Any fight I get in is just me being mowed down by a Roze skin with a gold FFAR.