Callum Gribbin

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Looks class. And sometimes our U18s look the best team wearing our jerseys this season.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Looks good, but after Ravel Morrison who i thought nailed on as anyone to be a superstar of the future, I promised myself I'd never get excited by youth prospect again.

You only have to look at Adnan Januzaj's demise too, last season you thought he was our future, I'm not so sure anymore. Then there's Josh McEachran at Chelsea, who I thought (along with Wilshere) was England's future.

You just never know.

Last edited:

Brightonian

Looks good, but after Ravel Morrison who i thought nailed on as anyone to be a superstar of the future, I promised myself I'd never get excited by youth prospect again.

You only have to look at Adnan Januzaj's demise too, last season you thought he was our future, I'm not so sure anymore. Then there's Josh McEachran at Chelsea, who I thought (along with Wilshere) was England's future.

You just never know.
Yes, probably best that you don't get too excited with a flair for the melodramatic like that!

- Januzaj has not had a 'demise'. He's playing fewer games because we bought one of the world's best players in his position, and he might go out on loan if we get the right offer.
- McEachran is hardly relevant. Chelsea have an abysmal record with giving youth players chances in the first team. We may not exactly be Barcelona but we're not Chelsea either. Plus if you thought he was 'England's future', you were badly jumping the gun.
- Are you trying to use Jack Wilshere, a key player for Arsenal F.C. and the England national team at the age of 23, as an example of youth players not making it?!

khoazany

Called up again by England U17s for a tournament next month after being overlooked last time round.

khoazany

When I looked at the recent England youth squads it seemed that United were not very well represented. Is this a theme?
Yeah.Largely due to we're not usually playing players ahead of their age groups which can easily counted against the youngsters especially when you're born late in the year like Gribbin Rashford etc.Plus the likes of Mitchell and Rashford are too hot and cold even at U18s level so were usually in and out the squad.Don't know why they haven't called up Tuanzebe though, and Makela for that matters.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Pretty sure he posts on here? Anyway had a look at Gribbin's twitter and he recently followed Liverpool and he doesn't even follow United, so it doesn't look good. Looking at some of his tweets and he doesn't seem too happy at United. Comes across as a bit of a knob to be honest.

LR7

One of our biggest talents imo. Will be a real shame if we lose him.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
yeah it's @jb8521.

Would be a big blow if we lose him, he looks like one of our best prospects.

khoazany

This is a quite complicated situation tbh. It's not as simple as the case of him not happy playing for United.Rooney-esque.

And no he's not really a Liverpool fan.

Last edited:

khoazany

Their is some sort of problem in our youth players contract renewal policy.
It has nothing to do with that.He either will sign the scholarship or he won't.Obviously in his case there will be some sort of pre-agreement about professional deal at 17.

FromTheBench

It has nothing to do with that.He either will sign the scholarship or he won't.Obviously in his case there will be some sort of pre-agreement about professional deal at 17.
Should have agreed in advance and sorted it out when he turned 16 though.

FromTheBench

Pretty sure he posts on here? Anyway had a look at Gribbin's twitter and he recently followed Liverpool and he doesn't even follow United, so it doesn't look good. Looking at some of his tweets and he doesn't seem too happy at United. Comes across as a bit of a knob to be honest.

His time line is full of moaning that he isn't starting for U18's more regularly. Also seems money issue.

khoazany

Should have agreed in advance and sorted it out when he turned 16 though.
The problem is he didn't agree with what we offered.Even if he agreed verbally when a good offer come from somewhere else he could still change his mind.I think you're mistaken it with the foreign import rule, this has nothing to do whether he turned 16 or not.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2

So he comes across as a knob because it appears he has no real love for United? The guy is 16 years old, he's a kid, not everyone supports United.

Zoo

A RAWK poster a few weeks ago said that Gribbin is off to Liverpool:

For my sins, I have a good mate who's involved with them. I actually posted about it in the transfer forum a few days ago - apparently we'll be taking a kid called Callum Gribben from them in the summer. Told he's a tall, technical playmaker. Lot of talent, but maybe not the best mentality. Fallen out with both staff and players. Despite that, they're desperate to keep him but it's not happening.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=204689.80000

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he comes across as a knob because it appears he has no real love for United? The guy is 16 years old, he's a kid, not everyone supports United.
I only scrolled down a bit and saw him moaning about being on the bench for the u18s, but as you say he's only 16.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
I only scrolled down a bit and saw him moaning about being on the bench for the u18s, but as you say he's only 16.
Any other line of work, this would be called having ambition, in football it gets called 'having a attitude problem' or being 'a knob'.

Just had a little look on his Twitter, does seem to have some love towards Liverpool, few immature posts here and there but being how old he is, only natural. I've seen grown men and seasoned pros a lot worse on Twitter, seems like a kid who knows who he is and what he wants though, good luck to him should he stay or go.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Maybe not everyone but you'd expect our own fecking players to.
Erm, why? If i was a 13/14 year old and got scouted and offered a place into Liverpool's academy I'd do it even as a Manchester United fan.

Doesn't mean I'd have to switch allegiances, I'd be doing something whats best for me and my future. Where he's at now though and If he's a Liverpool fan and Liverpool want him, he's not a professional footballer yet and doesn't owe Manchester United anything, good for him if that's what he wants.

Even many senior professionals don't support the club they play for, fans need to get it into their head that when you play football for a living, it's job. Rooney won't give a feck about United when he leaves or retires, neither will Di Maria or Van Persie, it's business and are paid to be here.

Last edited:

LR7

Any other line of work, this would be called having ambition, in football it gets called 'having a attitude problem' or being 'a knob'.

Just had a little look on his Twitter, does seem to have some love towards Liverpool, few immature posts here and there but being how old he is, only natural. I've seen grown men and seasoned pros a lot worse on Twitter, seems like a kid who knows who he is and what he wants though, good luck to him should he stay or go.
It isn't "only natural" though, regardless of his age. How many of our youth players do you see spouting off on twitter about other clubs?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Don't be stupid. In any other line of work, moaning on twitter about management would carry a reasonable risk of getting sacked.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Don't be stupid. In any other line of work, moaning on twitter about management would carry a reasonable risk of getting sacked.
I've never known anyone get sacked moaning about wanting to get involved more, which is what he's doing really isn't it?

But I take it you haven't got Facebook or Twitter, if you have you can't have many friends as Facebook is full of moaners about their jobs and going to work tomorrow and their dislike of co-workers, employers couldn't care less as long as they turn up and the job gets done, shouldn't even be nosying to be fair.

Why am i saying all that though, when he's only an apprentice here, the kids not tied to the club in any shape or form so why so much care?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I've never known anyone get sacked moaning about wanting to get involved more, which is what he's doing really isn't it?
No, that's not the argument. It's not a case of him wanting more, it's a case of him not being happy and mouthing off. Which, as Pogue said, is a common cause of sackings nowadays with the hype that is social media.
Why am i saying all that though, when he's only an apprentice here, he's not tied to the club in any shape or form so why so much care?
What does that even mean? Why do we care about him leaving if he's only a youth player? I assume you're fine with us losing Pogba since he was only a youth player. And no, I'm not comparing them so don't try and make out that I am. The fact is that he's a very talented player in our youth set up who is leaving to join a rival despite not even being a fan of the team he's supposedly joining - that to me is a pretty valid reason to be disappointed as a United fan and particularly if you follow the youth teams.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Pogba signed a professional contract here and played for the 1st team several times.

This kid is 16 (just turned) and as said not joined at the hip with United any shape or form, he doesn't have to turn up next training session if didn't want. Seriously if that was my son and random grown and men and women was having such a strong opinion what my son was going to do in life I'd go mad.

Ok, it appears he has a fondness towards Liverpool (looking at his Twitter), nice one good for him, as said the whole world is not Manchester United fans, I'm looking at it a different way to most and not being bitter about it.

I say it's good that a young guy has his own views/knows the path he wants to take or feels he should be playing, Pogba was like that and look where he's at, I say that's a kid we should be going all out to keep, not tagging him with 'bad attitude' like the football fans generally do with players when they have a voice.

I get more concerned when players don't kick up a fuss and don't open their trap, are happy to play in the u21's while they are 23/24, that shows me they aren't ambitious/hungry enough and don't belong here, Caf seems to love those types of players though.

khoazany

Pogba signed a professional contract here and played for the 1st team several times.

This kid is 16 (just turned) and as said not joined at the hip with United any shape or form, he doesn't have to turn up next training session if didn't want. Seriously if that was my son and random grown and men and women was having such a strong opinion what my son was going to do in life I'd go mad.

Ok, it appears he has a fondness towards Liverpool (looking at his Twitter), nice one good for him, as said the whole world is not Manchester United fans, I'm looking at it a different way to most and not being bitter about it.

I say it's good that a young guy has his own views/knows the path he wants to take or feels he should be playing, Pogba was like that and look where he's at, I say that's a kid we should be going all out to keep, not tagging him with 'bad attitude' like the football fans generally do with players when they have a voice.

I get more concerned when players don't kick up a fuss and don't open their trap, are happy to play in the u21's while they are 23/24, that shows me they aren't ambitious/hungry enough and don't belong here, Caf seems to love those types of players though.
I don't think you even know what you are talking about.He's never been a Liverpool fan before.That fondness is only a thing started since he has been linked to Liverpool, partly to pressure us to offer him a better deal (by "deal" I mean pre-agreement professional contract,Liverpool offered him 2k/week with possibly promises like playing for their U21s next season).Very similar to Rooney's situation in that sense.

Supporting United or not is totally irrelevant in this case.I know some youth players down the age groups who are fans of other teams,even Man City and their social media behaviour is way better (not that I really give a toss about what Gribbin did on Twitter, just to show it's not the case of not supporting the club you're playing for).Many City youth players are actually United fans as well, typically their U18s captain Adarabioyo and I don't see him giving them any issue just because he's not supporting their first team.

Last edited:

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
@khoazany It’s all on is Twitter that he’s a Liverpool fan, it’s not hard to put 2+2 together, but here you are saying 2+2 doesn’t = 4 so I have to ask, how do you know he’s never been a Liverpool fan before and this is only a recent thing? Do you know him personally? Highly doubtful being from Singapore.

@Ole’s_toe_poke Yeah I don’t know what I’m talking about, majority things I say on here, other people say a week after, but whatever man.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Where one twitter does he say or imply that he is a Liverpool fan?

Says he is going to delete his twitter account because people are making up these rumours. Favourited a bunch of tweets telling him to stay too.