Callum Gribbin

RB7N

Great news!
One of the best youth players I have seen in United since I started following the youth setup. IMO he has been one of the best players in the U-18's this season(along with Tuanzebe, Williams, Reid and TFM). And he doesn't turn 17 untill December.
It will be exciting to see if he will be involved with the U-21's/1st team next season.

Conrad

Has nobody mentioned that he tweeted about Redcafe, and what I can only assume are comments in this thread?
I don't think I'll be able to link the tweet because the account is protected now but the tweet was, with the emoticons removed because they came out huge:
"reading some comments on red cafe .thanks for the rating. some people know nothing about me or football! Jerks."

Fair enough, really. A few of the posts have been harsh considering he's just 16 and all he did was consider, maybe not even that, joining another club. Especially the ones about him as a person, which are clearly pretty baseless.

Hello, Gribbin.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He reads the caf, but does he post on the caf? These are huge revelations. Whoever is bigging him up the most in here is obviously Gribbin himself.

And if he reads this I'd like to tell him that Callum is a proper shite name.

khoazany

He reads the caf, but does he post on the caf? These are huge revelations. Whoever is bigging him up the most in here is obviously Gribbin himself.

I doubt he's patient enough to go through the newbie system tbh.I almost gave up back then.

Some players/parents of the players do read Redcafe.Not anything new.

lysglimt

Scout
He is a case of "he'll succeed if he really wants to" - insane talent!

Will Absolute

He is a case of "he'll succeed if he really wants to" - insane talent!
I think people forget how high the bar really is. I'd classify Gribben as a standout youngster with a decent chance - not a certainty. The only player in the current youth setup I think is almost sure to succeed is TFM.

Brightonian

This.

Surprisingly not as hyped as Ravel Morrison was at his age though considering how good Gribbin is technically.
He's a wonderful dribbler but other areas of his game aren't as advanced. Tends to sit on the ball for far too long, takes momentum out of attacks sometimes and aside from the free kicks and the through-balls his passing and finishing aren't that special. All these are areas where you would of course expect loads of development from such a young player - I don't mention them as criticisms - but that's why it makes sense that he doesn't have the hype of a Morrison or Januzaj.

Classical Mechanic

I wonder if he liked my Funky Gribbin' joke, he is probably too young for The Goodies mind, the lucky sod.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Am I the only one who's secretly pleased that a random footballer gives a shit about my ill informed opinion?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
This is what he said on twitter
reading some comments on red cafe
thanks for the rating. some people know nothing about me or
! Jerks.

JoaquinJoaquin

This is what he said on twitter
reading some comments on red cafe
thanks for the rating. some people know nothing about me or
! Jerks.
That made me laugh. Wonder if Woodward did read here last Summer after all :lol:

FWIW - I hope he stays, Kid has alot of talent.

Last edited:

oskarutd

This is the deal 16 years old and the club can make, usually for 2 years. At 17 they can make a professional deal. But only the best do that on their birthday, or those from abroad and pro deal had been agreed to in advance.

Youth players and their families have been reading Red Cafe for years, had it confirmed by a player who contacted me. So keep that in mind when praising and criticizing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's silly to say insane talent. He's a young guy that will hopefully continue to improve but we've seen plenty of young talented players. That isn't the point. I'm sure he'd understand, people want to see them in the first team. So he has to do the right things. We don't want another Ravel Morrison on our hands. That is awful if you're a supporter watching someone throw their career away

lysglimt

Scout
Morrison was on another level imo.
Morrison was head and shoulders above everyone else. Morrison could have been a world-class player. In terms of skills with the ball, Morrison is the best player I have seen at United (including Giggs)

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's a rare English players for me, his physical attributes are almost non existent but he's so good, his vision, dribbling, technique, elegance, creativity make him a very interesting player imo. Surely one of him / Gomes should make it here. @jb8521 do you reckon he could play more u21 football next season, or is he a bit too young?

jb8521

He's a rare English players for me, his physical attributes are almost non existent but he's so good, his vision, dribbling, technique, elegance, creativity make him a very interesting player imo. Surely one of him / Gomes should make it here. @jb8521 do you reckon he could play more u21 football next season, or is he a bit too young?
Yeah I'd say its almost certain that he will.

Will Absolute

Apparently he no longer plays for us. I went to the club website to confirm his age and he's not listed among Academy players or U21s. Entering his name in the search engine produces .... zilch.

What a site.:rolleyes:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Apparently he no longer plays for us. I went to the club website to confirm his age and he's not listed among Academy players or U21s. Entering his name in the search engine produces .... zilch.

What a site.:rolleyes:
Players as young as he is are never listed. He'll get a profile page next season.

Will Absolute

Players as young as he is are never listed. He'll get a profile page next season.
My mistake then.

It seems very odd. He plays for Manchester United, appears on TV wearing the shirt, and is talked about on MUTV. But he's a non-person on the club website.

He was very impressive against City though.

Edit: And the club release videos of him on social media! But, presumably, to protect him at such a tender age against the evils of publicity, his name is not mentioned on the club site.

jb8521

My mistake then.

It seems very odd. He plays for Manchester United, appears on TV wearing the shirt, and is talked about on MUTV. But he's a non-person on the club website.

Edit: And the club release videos of him on social media! But, presumably, to protect him at such a tender age against the evils of publicity, his name is not mentioned on the club site.
Although he's 16 now he was under 16 at the start of the season. The club dont put under 16 profiles on the website due to child protection laws. Same reason players under 16 arent included in Football Manager or Fifa

Sid234

he's been very impressive for a 16-year old playing with the U-18's.. Glad we signed him on a new deal and are holding on to him..

khoazany

My mistake then.

We can't put profile of players who are technically still U16s or under.Even if he's promoted to the first team this season we would still not allowed to put his name there or Football Manager (but we can talk about him, weird law).Same with RoShaun Williams and Angel Gomes (next season).

Sid234

We can't put profile of players who are technically still U16s or under.Even if he's promoted to the first team this season we would still not allowed to put his name there or Football Manager (but we can talk about him, weird law).Same with RoShaun Williams and Angel Gomes (next season).
FM does have 15 year old regens though, sometimes even 14 year regens.. Which is very weird too

In Rainbows

This.

Surprisingly not as hyped as Ravel Morrison was at his age though considering how good Gribbin is technically.
Gribbin's technique is fantastic, but Gomes has the most technique out of the youth teams.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
FM does have 15 year old regens though, sometimes even 14 year regens.. Which is very weird too
Yes, because regens don't fall under child protection laws.

FWIW, if SI/Sega have permission from a players parents, they can put in a real u-16 person. This year, after it was released Martin Odegaard's dad gave them permission to put him in the game after massive complaints from fans, despite him being 15 at the time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Gribbin trained with the first team today
Did some of the first team come back early or something? All the papers are saying De Gea and van Persie are returning Monday but then Ander, Mata and Adnan posted that picture that they were already back. Didn't know they trained on Sundays either.

Either way its good to hear Gribbin is being brought up for training and goes with the whispers of him going on tour.