Callum Gribbin

RB7N

Did some of the first team come back early or something? All the papers are saying De Gea and van Persie are returning Monday but then Ander, Mata and Adnan posted that picture that they were already back. Didn't know they trained on Sundays either.

Either way its good to hear Gribbin is being brought up for training and goes with the whispers of him going on tour.
I'm guessing that it's because RvP & De Gea (along with Blind, Rooney, Smalling & Jones) played internationals after the PL ended.

jb8521

Did some of the first team come back early or something? All the papers are saying De Gea and van Persie are returning Monday but then Ander, Mata and Adnan posted that picture that they were already back. Didn't know they trained on Sundays either.

Either way its good to hear Gribbin is being brought up for training and goes with the whispers of him going on tour.
Yeah most of the players who didnt play any internationals over the summer arrived back this week along with the u21s and u18s

prath92

MEN say he trained with te first team and may go on tour. What position does he play?

LR7

I think I said it'd be nice, but I wasn't actually expecting him to go on tour. Would be such a massive plus.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Would be glad if some of the likes of Tuanzebe, TFM, Gribbin, Rashford, Mitchell go on tour. They have a genuine chance of making it here, in stead of the older ones who have very little chance like W.Keane, James, Blackett, Harrop etc.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Came across as a bit of a crybaby last season. Hope he matures. Would be a shame with another homegrown that end up lacking the mentality..

Brightonian

Would be glad if some of the likes of Tuanzebe, TFM, Gribbin, Rashford, Mitchell go on tour. They have a genuine chance of making it here, in stead of the older ones who have very little chance like W.Keane, James, Blackett, Harrop etc.
Whoah there. One of the most gifted in the group, and hasn't had his chance yet at all. In no way deserves to be lumped in with the likes of Keane who have essentially missed their chance.

Sammyjunn

Whoah there. One of the most gifted in the group, and hasn't had his chance yet at all. In no way deserves to be lumped in with the likes of Keane who have essentially missed their chance.
It's clear to see that he isnt good enough to make it at United, he's a very good talent tho but no special talent. Can see him making it in the PL luckily, but even Pereira barely gets a sniff and he's a class higher.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It's clear to see that he isnt good enough to make it at United, he's a very good talent tho but no special talent. Can see him making it in the PL luckily, but even Pereira barely gets a sniff and he's a class higher.
Whats Pereiras "special talent" - apart from being belgian and having s brazilian name? There is not much difference between the two of them in my opinion. Pereira received a bit more hype, but I'm not sure his merits justify it.

Decotron

Making such a definitive statement about a player at his age is never clever. its pretty obvious he could develop into a tidy player...

FromTheBench

Making such a definitive statement about a player at his age is never clever. its pretty obvious he could develop into a tidy player...

I think he was talking about Harrop there. Not Gribbin.

Though i disagre about writing off Harrop yet too.

Sammyjunn

Whats Pereiras "special talent" - apart from being belgian and having s brazilian name? There is not much difference between the two of them in my opinion. Pereira received a bit more hype, but I'm not sure his merits justify it.
Pereira is a player of the year, thats the difference. Pereira is someone who is rated as one of the highest talents amongst his age groups. Pereira is a much better talent for me, quite obvious as he was the star this season.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Pereira is a player of the year, thats the difference. Pereira is someone who is rated as one of the highest talents amongst his age groups. Pereira is a much better talent for me, quite obvious as he was the star this season.
this means nothing as at United that award almost never go to the best one, there are always different reasons why someone gets it.....
Pereira is talented but he is no special talent, in fact i think Pearson is the most talented from the midfield group and there is little difference between Harrop, Rothwell and Pereira although Pereira is the best at the moment as the other two stagnated a bit because of poor managment.

Sammyjunn

this means nothing as at United that award almost never go to the best one, there are always different reasons why someone gets it.....
Pereira is talented but he is no special talent, in fact i think Pearson is the most talented from the midfield group and there is little difference between Harrop, Rothwell and Pereira although Pereira is the best at the moment as the other two stagnated a bit because of poor managment.
And why would that be if I may ask? Pereira no special talent, I disagree with that. I think maybe atm he isnt way better than the others, but he has way more potential than them, but Pearson. Who's a good player, but also wont make it here imo.

Šjor Bepo

And why would that be if I may ask? Pereira no special talent, I disagree with that. I think maybe atm he isnt way better than the others, but he has way more potential than them, but Pearson. Who's a good player, but also wont make it here imo.
you just have to look the past winners and you will see that the award isnt for the best players, last 5 years before Pereira the award was won by Janko, Januzaj, M. Keane, Gill and De Laet. So 4 out of 5 times the award goes to the lesser players. Why, i dont know it but it isnt because of ther performances on the pitch. Maybe they awarded good behavior on/off the pitch, commitment on training, players lacked confidence so they tried to help them with award i dont know, it could be million of reasons.

jb8521

you just have to look the past winners and you will see that the award isnt for the best players, last 5 years before Pereira the award was won by Janko, Januzaj, M. Keane, Gill and De Laet. So 4 out of 5 times the award goes to the lesser players. Why, i dont know it but it isnt because of ther performances on the pitch. Maybe they awarded good behavior on/off the pitch, commitment on training, players lacked confidence so they tried to help them with award i dont know, it could be million of reasons.
Pereira won player of the year last year because he was the best player so what you're saying in relation to other players doesnt actually apply

Šjor Bepo

Pereira won player of the year last year because he was the best player so what you're saying in relation to other players doesnt actually apply
i agree but im just saying that the fact he won the award means nothing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
i agree but im just saying that the fact he won the award means nothing.
The thing is PSG didn't tried to steal Janko or some other winner of this award. They were clearly after Pereira but thankfully we learned our lesson from the past.

Sammyjunn

Fair enough, although Janko, Januzaj, M.Keane have been quite highly rated in the past. Josh Harrop is no bad player, but at 19 with no sniff in the first team ever, no key roles in the u21 make it very unlikely for him.

Brightonian

Harrop is basically as 'special' as Pereira now. He wasn't an insanely early bloomer like Pereira, but he's almost caught up. He's definitely up there in the 'special' bracket along with Pereira, Pearson, Wilson, Januzaj etc.

Brightonian

Fair enough, although Janko, Januzaj, M.Keane have been quite highly rated in the past. Josh Harrop is no bad player, but at 19 with no sniff in the first team ever, no key roles in the u21 make it very unlikely for him.
Most of our top talents don't get their first 'sniff' until they're 19 or so. And there's no way you can have watched much U21s last season if you don't think he plays a key role. He was regularly our most effective attacking player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Most of our top talents don't get their first 'sniff' until they're 19 or so. And there's no way you can have watched much U21s last season if you don't think he plays a key role. He was regularly our most effective attacking player.
I know opinions often differ but Harrop is a really good player for his age and he looks like he could break through one day.

Šjor Bepo

all of the mentioned players were average at best apart from Januzaj....as for Harrop, different players blossom in different periods. Look at Lingard, at U18 he was a sub for fecking Van Velzen who is one of the worst players that ever played for our youth system and now he is a england U21 regular with good spells in Championship and on the brink of the United first team.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I like the fact that he reads this website. Remember that comment he made on Twitter :lol: Excellent player though, that video I shared a page or two back is just :drool: very talented, hope he goes on tour.

Sammyjunn

Harrop is basically as 'special' as Pereira now. He wasn't an insanely early bloomer like Pereira, but he's almost caught up. He's definitely up there in the 'special' bracket along with Pereira, Pearson, Wilson, Januzaj etc.
Don't agree, think he's a good player but not special. If so I think he'd be in the same pecking order as Pereira, who's just a month younger.

Sammyjunn

I think Pereira was a more important player in our attack than he was, Pereira got to train with the first team aged 18, debut at 19. I've heard / read absolutely nothing about Harrop linking him to the first team whatsoever. So clearly Pereira is quite higher in the pecking order than he is. Pogba, Wilson, Januzaj all debuted aged 18, even Blackett went on pre season quite early, so did Will Keane for example. As for Harrop, it doesnt look like he's one of the higher rated talents by the club. Even for the u18's you can see that the most fuss is primary abour Gribbin, TFM, Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Rashford and Williams. Its quite clear that they have the biggest chance in their age group of making it here.

Sammyjunn

all of the mentioned players were average at best apart from Januzaj....as for Harrop, different players blossom in different periods. Look at Lingard, at U18 he was a sub for fecking Van Velzen who is one of the worst players that ever played for our youth system and now he is a england U21 regular with good spells in Championship and on the brink of the United first team.
Average at best? Think that's quite harsh on them, but mostly too, some of the better in their age group are away on loan, so yes the lesser players are a bit more likely to win tbe trophy.

And look at Lingard, he's a good player but what are the chances that he'll make it here? There are plenty good players in our academy, Harrop one of them, so is Rothwell for example. I rate him, but only the most special make it here, as United strives to be the best in the world, there's no shame in that.

Šjor Bepo

I think Pereira was a more important player in our attack than he was, Pereira got to train with the first team aged 18, debut at 19. I've heard / read absolutely nothing about Harrop linking him to the first team whatsoever. So clearly Pereira is quite higher in the pecking order than he is. Pogba, Wilson, Januzaj all debuted aged 18, even Blackett went on pre season quite early, so did Will Keane for example. As for Harrop, it doesnt look like he's one of the higher rated talents by the club. Even for the u18's you can see that the most fuss is primary abour Gribbin, TFM, Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Rashford and Williams. Its quite clear that they have the biggest chance in their age group of making it here.
Thorpe is class above McNair/Blackett and both of them played few times for the first team while Thorpe had 1 second cameo against West Ham. Darron Gibson was around first team for few years and managed to get decent number of appearances while better and more talented players didnt get a proper chance. Its not always that simple.....

Average at best? Think that's quite harsh on them, but mostly too, some of the better in their age group are away on loan, so yes the lesser players are a bit more likely to win tbe trophy.
Its probably harsh on M. Keane as he was good at reserve level(again, much worse then Thorpe) but the point stands...

Sammyjunn

Thorpe is class above McNair/Blackett and both of them played few times for the first team while Thorpe had 1 second cameo against West Ham. Darron Gibson was around first team for few years and managed to get decent number of appearances while better and more talented players didnt get a proper chance. Its not always that simple.....

Its probably harsh on M. Keane as he was good at reserve level(again, much worse then Thorpe) but the point stands...
And he made his debut when he was just 18, even though maybe the best talented guys dont get a chance, above a certain age and you havent been linked to the first team, it seems just unlikely that you'll ever get a chance. Same goes for Thorpe, Pearson who are one of our biggest talents, but they're 20 and older now and with Thorpe already gone, wont be surprised that Pearson will move on too. Even some of our u18's have already trained with the first team. In the age groups u18, and u21, you have an elite group of players who are just the most likely to get a chance in the first team. I see the same at Ajax, we also have a lot of good players, but you can already name which players will get a chance and which players will move on or play in the reserves for big time. In modern football, the coach has no space to test all talents, there's just a few players who really get chances. Of the current u21 group these players are Blackett, McNair, Januzaj, Pereira, Wilson I reckon. Although LVG can surprise us.

Šjor Bepo

And he made his debut when he was just 18, even though maybe the best talented guys dont get a chance, above a certain age and you havent been linked to the first team, it seems just unlikely that you'll ever get a chance. Same goes for Thorpe, Pearson who are one of our biggest talents, but they're 20 and older now and with Thorpe already gone, wont be surprised that Pearson will move on too. Even some of our u18's have already trained with the first team. In the age groups u18, and u21, you have an elite group of players who are just the most likely to get a chance in the first team. I see the same at Ajax, we also have a lot of good players, but you can already name which players will get a chance and which players will move on or play in the reserves for big time. In modern football, the coach has no space to test all talents, there's just a few players who really get chances. Of the current u21 group these players are Blackett, McNair, Januzaj, Pereira, Wilson I reckon. Although LVG can surprise us.
i dont see where is the rush, not everybody has to develop early and being 21/22 is not to old for a first team chance(but by that time you should have loan or two behind though). I agree that not everybody can get a chance and that only "elite" group should be getting minutes on the pitch but my point is that Harrop, Ben and Rothwell belong to that group. The likes of Goss and Weir are miles away from being good enough yet they train with the first team and by the look of things there is a chance that they will travel on tour(i hope not). And if fecking Blackett belongs to the "elite" group of players in your vision i dont know, we have different view on the game...he is average at best!

@Redo91 we all have different definition of what special talent means, in my book he is good enough to play for the first team(like Januzaj) but he is not special.

khoazany

The likes of Goss and Weir are miles away from being good enough yet they train with the first team and by the look of things there is a chance that they will travel on tour(i hope not).
Don't know why but I have a feeling LVG will try Weir as full-back.

Sammyjunn

i dont see where is the rush, not everybody has to develop early and being 21/22 is not to old for a first team chance(but by that time you should have loan or two behind though). I agree that not everybody can get a chance and that only "elite" group should be getting minutes on the pitch but my point is that Harrop, Ben and Rothwell belong to that group. The likes of Goss and Weir are miles away from being good enough yet they train with the first team and by the look of things there is a chance that they will travel on tour(i hope not). And if fecking Blackett belongs to the "elite" group of players in your vision i dont know, we have different view on the game...he is average at best!

@Redo91 we all have different definition of what special talent means, in my book he is good enough to play for the first team(like Januzaj) but he is not special.
Sorry for going off topic guys, my last post about this.

Where's the rush? Very few PL clubs are willing to implement a 21/22 year old talent with very little experience. And besides that, if you're of tbat age and still havent really gotten a chance, the chances are quite big that your contract will run out (as most sign a new contract aged around 18) or a player himself will sign elsewhere as you'll stagnate quite early from playing u21 football until that age.

Harrop, Ben, Rothwell are all midfielders. A position we have quite some players for but even continue to strengthen, is it realistic that all of them will get a chance with Pereira even higher in the pecking order? It isnt one bit. We have a huge squad, and because of that just a few really get chances to make the first team, even though we have a lot of talented lads.

I dont think Blackett is talented and I dont rate him at all, but he even went on pre season back in 2013 aged 19 years and has trained with the first team for a lot. He's been put in the elite group even though he's average, and he's getting his chances. Although there is a difference in vacancy for defence and midfield tho.