United youth policy
Rashford
Shaw
McTominay
Sancho
Lingard
Gomes
++++

Compare that to other teams, and we come out favourably. Doesn't matter if the shitter is marble and the faucets gold if you are not given a go.

Sancho realised this, and look at him now. Compare his trajectory to that of Foden and Hudson-Odoi as an example.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ole
United youth policy
Rashford
Shaw
McTominay
Sancho
Lingard
Gomes
++++

Compare that to other teams, and we come out favourably. Doesn't matter if the shitter is marble and the faucets gold if you are not given a go.

Sancho realised this, and look at him now. Compare his trajectory to that of Foden and Hudson-Odoi as an example.
How is Sancho one of ours?

As for Gomes... we hear a lot but we're not seeing him

In Rainbows

Ole
United youth policy
Rashford
Shaw
McTominay
Sancho
Lingard
Gomes
++++

Rashford is the only evidence

McTominay started playing at age 20-21 (for good reason). Lingard went out on loan. Gomes hasn't really played. He's the worst example because Hudson Odoi and Foden are his age and they're playing far more. Gomes would kill for even 1/10 of their playing time.

Georgan

CHO is staying at Chelsea. The only way they're gonna let him go is him running down his contract, otherwise he's stuck at Stamford Bridge.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
With the transfer ban coming up for chelsea, hazard's rumor exist to Madrid, and the aging of pedro and willian, my guess is he will stay. I don't see there are any other big clubs that can offer him more 1st team chance than Chelsea atm.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This won't be popular but we need a left winger like him, we have many options right now but they don't offer movement or intensity. Starting to lose patience with Martial, we need another option to compete and Alexis isn't it.

He'd be one of many much needed signings.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This won't be popular but we need a left winger like him, we have many options right now but they don't offer movement or intensity. Starting to lose patience with Martial, we need another option to compete and Alexis isn't it.

Agree

Judas

Open to offers
I agree. Seems odd to see so many on here talking about him as a realistic target though.
I'm baffled by it. Not sure what its even based on either. Then the same people will be disappointed/angry when it doesn't happen, even though it was always very very unlikely.

Charles Miller

He has an explosive time of reaction like Sterling. I bet he will find his best place in the pitch soon and will bang goals and assists.

Eli Zee

Agreeed 100%

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree. Seems odd to see so many on here talking about him as a realistic target though.
Yeah I don't know why people feel this is so probable. He's either staying at Chelsea or going abroad. Probably Chelsea. Either way you're not giving us one of the biggest talents you have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I really don't feel we do. Obviously the more the merrier. I have no doubt he'll get twice the skepticism Martial gets if he plays in a dynsfunctional team as Martial has over the years. IMO Martial is better (and older of course) and this kid would not displace him. We need someone on the right far more urgently.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

I'm very much Martial FC but I agree, stupidly talented forward but doesn't seem to be the most hardworking or the brightest.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
If CHO leaves it's for game time. Is he getting in ahead or Martial on the left? Is he really going to sign up to play out of position?
Is CHO's best position LW then? I've seen him a fair few times this season and he switches between the two but he looks more effective on the right from what I've seen. The way he drops his shoulder and whips in a cross (like he did for Giroud and in one of your cup games earlier in the season) reminds me of when we had Nani on the right who was arguably the last genuine right winger we had.

AgentP

We need to be in for him. Martial is not consistent enough right now to get a free run at LW with no competition. If we sign CHO, it would a healthy battle between them for that spot. It will also put an end to Rashford on the wing. I would actually prefer Martial to play forward because that's where he's the deadliest.

AgentP

Completely agree. We need a proper winger and Martial simply isn't one.

Classical Mechanic

Is CHO's best position LW then?
His best position is as a left sided inside forward. I'd say he comfortably better on the left but can be an effective right winger due to his crossing ability as you've seen. I think he's got a number of assists this season from crosses from the right wing, 2 against Forest in the cup and the one in PL the other night off the top of my head. He's much more comfortable dribbling on the left and is a much bigger goal scoring threat from that side.

deadrevelz

I'm baffled by it. Not sure what its even based on either. Then the same people will be disappointed/angry when it doesn't happen, even though it was always very very unlikely.
It's based on: the player wanting to leave Chelsea, rumours linking us, Chelsea being angered by Bayerns approach / arrogance, our need for proper wide players, our status as a club that gives youth a chance, Chelsea not showing bitterness towards us generally (sold us Mata and Matic), the cost involved isn't high so we could blow Bayern away if we wanted.

Not that ridiculous really. I don't think it will happen but stranger things have.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
His best position is as a left sided inside forward. I'd say he comfortably better on the left but can be an effective right winger due to his crossing ability as you've seen. I think he's got a number of assists this season from crosses from the right wing, 2 against Forest in the cup and the one in PL the other night off the top of my head. He's much more comfortable dribbling on the left and is a much bigger goal scoring threat from that side.
Fair enough. To be honest I miss the days where we had wingers who would beat a full back and whip a cross in from the byline which is why I would like CHO as an option for the right hand side. We've not really had that sort of outlet since the Nani/Valencia wing days. Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mkhitaryan etc, the list goes on - all good players but want to cut inside with the ball. That's fine if it is only on one side but I feel we need some genuine width.

Varun

Staff
Fair enough. To be honest I miss the days where we had wingers who would beat a full back and whip a cross in from the byline which is why I would like CHO as an option for the right hand side. We've not really had that sort of outlet since the Nani/Valencia wing days. Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mkhitaryan etc, the list goes on - all good players but want to cut inside with the ball. That's fine if it is only on one side but I feel we need some genuine width.
That's the FBs job now

Trizy

If he pushes for a move they can't stop him. However, I'd imagine Hazard will be gone before his contract is up so he'll have a position. Then again you wouldn't know with Sari.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's the FBs job now
It's not really. Some times prefer to play like that with inside forwards, but it doesn't work in every situation.

City have had great success with playing proper wingers who keep the width, and it's easier to break a deep lying defence like that.

You don't need 2 wide wingers but 1 to keep the width while the other cuts inside is the best option IMO. Think back to how Nani / Valencia played, we had the best of both worlds.

ravi2

Nah, more like:

Sanchez______Lukaku_____Lingard.

After Ed's brief to the press I am inclined to agree. Its like the Moyes era when he couldnt shut his mouth about getting Fabregas and Bale and somehow ended up with Fellaini.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
After Ed's brief to the press I am inclined to agree. Its like the Moyes era when he couldnt shut his mouth about getting Fabregas and Bale and somehow ended up with Fellaini.
We offered Spurs a much higher fee than what Madrid did for Bale. Fabregas was also close to joining us according to David Moyes.

We ended up with Fellaini because Moyes wanted him. It was Moyes's dithering that cost us that season. Getting rid of SAF's back room staff was the issue there.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He looks like a very promising player but he’s not ready at all. He has no history to prove whether he can improve us next season, I thought we want that RW to be filled in so we can challenge the league, I expect a better option than this guy. If we are signing him as a develop player & backup for next season, I would rather give Greenwood or other our youth players chance. We need to spend money wisely, if our first XI is already so good i have no issue signing this guy but we don’t need this type of player right now.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He looks like a very promising player but he’s not ready at all. He has no history to prove whether he can improve us next season, I thought we want that RW to be filled in so we can challenge the league, I expect a better option than this guy. If we are signing him as a develop player & backup for next season, I would rather give Greenwood or other our youth players chance. We need to spend money wisely, if our first XI is already so good i have no issue signing this guy but we don’t need this type of player right now.
He's a left winger not a right winger. He is not going anywhere to be "a develop or backup player" and he's not going to Man United at all anyway so you don't have to worry.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's a left winger not a right winger. He is not going anywhere to be "a develop or backup player" and he's not going to Man United at all anyway so you don't have to worry.
Can we take Hazard instead then so you can play this guy in his best position?

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
IMO, if we got Hudson-Odoi, it would be to play LW, to which he is more suited. We’d still need a RW.

He’d improve our left side.

We need a LW & a RW, and to stop playing players out of position.

I think, we’re still quite a way off, challenging for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.