Callum Hudson-Odi | Contract extension signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
The Chelsea fans on here are hurting bad. Incredibly naive if they think we couldn't get CHO here if both parties want to do the deal. Even if it means waiting a year, in which case they'd have no say in the matter.
Maybe if it was the 90s I'd be worried about United getting him. :p

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Quality control
Yeah because I’ve taken the time to learn every facet of the laws of football including transfer law. Take your passive aggressive insults and shove it. You’re definitely giving a good impression of yourself.
Yeah because I care about what impression I give out on an Internet forum. Am I doing this correctly?

Taken the time to learn? It’s mentioned like 874 times a day every day during the January transfer window. Anyway, bye.

OohAahMartial

--------Martial Rashford
CHO CM1 CM2 Sancho

Go 4-4-2. Seems Pogba and Herrera might be off, so rebuild a central midfield that can play as a 442.

Not saying this is my preference, mind, just exploring options.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Chong needs a couple of years more development. He's a great talent but he's not ready for the physicality of first team football. His decision making is questionable on the ball too. He needs to learn when to pass, what pass to make and when to hold on to the ball.
I agree. But this 'composure' can only be gained by having more game time. The old chicken & egg conundrum.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Basically the only reason for the hype surrounding him at the moment. Bayern scouts must’ve seen something in him that I can’t put my finger on whenever I watch him. Jordan Ibe and Januzaj showed more talent.
I wonder if it's possible that they might know a little more about this sort of thing than you.

Litch

Chong is 19. At that age Martial was playing for Monaco. Rashford was scoring goals for the first team. Mbappe was tearing teams apart. Sancho is putting up 8 goals + 12 assists. Hudson Odoi who is a year younger has 4 goals in the Europa league and is playing for England, whereas Chong doesn't play for the dutch team. Maybe you shouldn't take yourself seriously instead. Chong is average.
So you can tell whether a player is or going to be at 19? This average player came on in Paris against PSG, sorry how many times does that happen for one of the biggest clubs in the world if you are average? Some people come out with another level of stupidity to prove their argument. Your logic is because he's not dont doing what some of the best talent in Europe were/are at the same age, he's average....?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yes, as in he doesn’t have a clue what he’s on about. Without a clue = clueless. No offence was intended.

You’re welcome, I’m relaxed, I rarely get worked up on Internet forums, particularly when it comes to this type of subject matter. Just assumed as you’d taken the time to register to a football forum you knew how, you know, football works. My bad!
Worked up and throwing insults at people.

Litch

Chong has done nothing of note, are we talking about the same player here???
He's been one of our best players at U18 and U23. Not many 19 year olds come on against PSG in the CL? Not a bad start to his Utd Career. If he was your Son, would you think in football terms, he had done nothing to date?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Are we actually being linked to him or what?

Someone said that the times said we're interested but I can't find anything.

settembrini

Are we actually being linked to him or what?

Someone said that the times said we're interested but I can't find anything.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-tell-callum-hudson-odoi-he-must-stay-c5wtr8z8f

Matt Hughes (no idea if he is reliable or not) says we will bid for him in the summer along with Bayern and that Chelsea are currently insisting they won't sell.

I can't think why we wouldn't be interested. His generation of players is one of the most talented England have ever produced and he is close to the top of it. His contract will soon be down to the final 12 months and he seems to want out of Chelsea. I expect a lot of clubs including ourselves will already have sounded his agent out over a move.

Trizy

To be fair (probably jumping in late), CHO is much better than Chong from what I've seen. Chong looks like a kick and chase merchant who is excelling at youth due to his size. His passing and shooting looks too raw. Just my opinion, though.

Castia

They have no problem selling to other PL teams, if he's going to leave on a free or they can get £50m in the summer they'll take the £50m.

He's not even started a game for Chelsea its not like we're trying to sign Hazard.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's been one of our best players at U18 and U23. Not many 19 year olds come on against PSG in the CL? Not a bad start to his Utd Career. If he was your Son, would you think in football terms, he had done nothing to date?
Lot of time for this post. I hate the assertions that some people have on players when their careers haven't even started.

Cloud7

Worked up and throwing insults at people.
It’s crazy how childish that got simply because I didn’t know you can’t sign a pre contract with a club in your own country :lol:

Marnsky

To be fair (probably jumping in late), CHO is much better than Chong from what I've seen. Chong looks like a kick and chase merchant who is excelling at youth due to his size. His passing and shooting looks too raw. Just my opinion, though.
Yeah sure why not of course you are British. Wonder what you'd think if you were Dutch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It’s crazy how childish that got simply because I didn’t know you can’t sign a pre contract with a club in your own country :lol:
Too much sand as their best player has 1 year contract and their best prospect in same position.

El-Manos

I’m referring to people who are comparing him to Hudson Odoi, who is clearly way ahead of him development wise. Chong is clearly developing at a slower pace, which is obviously fine and takes nothing away from his achievements so far. However, it is ridiculous comparing the 2 at the moment, anyone claiming otherwise need their head checked. They’re the same people who wouldn’t want us to sign Sancho, as it might hinder Chong’s chances.

Last edited:

Sanche7

If we are bidding (as a few reports suggest), then surely we have spoken to CHO's agent and have been given the go ahead.
Would love if we could replace Sanchez and Mata with Sancho and CHO, although I'm not sure if CHO will get more game time at United

cyberman

CHO and Sancho either side of Martial and Rashford.

Make it happen, we need to blitz non top 4 sides so enough with one up top v Burnley at home.

Plus we have tactical flexibility or are able to cover for loss of form with that front 4/3

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only way we sign him is on a free next year. Chelsea won't negotiate with us.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Don't see why people are so excited to fill our team with Chelsea and City academy products.

Also very naive to think buying Sancho and CHO would have no impact on the playtime of Rashford Martial and possibly Greenwood in the future.

Trizy

Don't see why people are so excited to fill our team with Chelsea and City academy products.

Also very naive to think buying Sancho and CHO would have no impact on the playtime of Rashford Martial and possibly Greenwood in the future.
It doesn't matter what academy a player comes from. If they're good enough to replace who you have then I don't see the problem. Greenwood is a special case but will also be a CF so I'm not worried about his progress if we sign either winger.

Holters

Imagine a front three of: Hudson Odoi - Rashford - Sancho

Not only would it be a very exciting, talented, rapid and young trio, but it would also be great for the English national team if they all trained and played together on a daily basis. Kind of a throw back to the old United days when we always went out and bought the biggest british talents.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Imagine a front three of: Hudson Odoi - Rashford - Sancho

Not only would it be a very exciting, talented, rapid and young trio, but it would also be great for the English national team if they all trained and played together on a daily basis. Kind of a throw back to the old United days when we always went out and bought the biggest british talents.
I would love that.

We need to buy both Sancho and CHO and hope they fulfil their promise. We are seemingly unable to buy the very top players but surely we can recruit the best young English talent at least.

Surely.

Judas

Open to offers
I would love that.

We need to buy both Sancho and CHO and hope they fulfil their promise. We are seemingly unable to buy the very top players but surely we can recruit the best young English talent at least.

Surely.
You are such a muppet :lol: I admire it.

I would say we need to buy one of them though, and that one will be Sancho for now, because I think CHO will either stay at Chelsea or go abroad.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Who cares what academy they are from. If they are better than what we have and there's a clear plan for them then get them in.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Guess we shouldn't sign anyone then...

Status
Not open for further replies.