Callum Hudson-Odoi

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He’s just not that good honestly. Decent but very overrated player. In 3 seasons at senior level, he has 2 goals and 7 assists in the league. When I watch him, he can get past people once in a while but has awful end product, and he’s hardly the most hardworking player in the world too. He could have a career similar to Young’s - decent winger turned average full back when he gets upgraded with absolute ease. Clearly a bit of a bellend too. Aside from Suarez, I don’t recall any stories of players bollocking a ref watching the monitor this season. It probably put the bottle job off even more.

Put it this way, in five years when England’s best young wingers/wide forwards all begin to peak, he would struggle to even make the third squad. Off the top of my head, Saka, Mason, Grealish, Foden, Barnes, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling (slightly older but will still be top class), Eze and Bowen will all be ahead of him in the pecking order. At wing back/full back, TAA, James, Aarons, AWB (if he doesn’t switch to Congo), Lamptey, Shaw, Chilwell etc will keep him out as well.
You've totally destroyed your own argument mentioning Barnes, Grealish, Eze, and Bowen. When Barnes was CHO's age he was on loan at MK Dons in league one, when Grealish was his age he was playing for one of the worst PL sides of all time and set a personal record for defeats played in a row, Eze at the same age 2 goals in 17 championship games (for perspective Callum has scored that many in the CL alone this season), Bowen at the same age barely played for a Hull side that went down.

You're also wrong about him having awful end product, very wrong. While I do agree he needs to be scoring more his decision making in the final third in terms of setting up chances is often on point. Examples of late being his awareness of Azpi coming in behind him Vs Burnley and against Fulham spotting Chilwell free on the other side of the box. You may say it's not that great but the point is it's still situations players with genuine "awful end product" mess up/fail to spot 99 times out of 100.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
You've totally destroyed your own argument mentioning Barnes, Grealish, Eze, and Bowen. When Barnes was CHO's age he was on loan at MK Dons in league one, when Grealish was his age he was playing for one of the worst PL sides of all time and set a personal record for defeats played in a row, Eze at the same age 2 goals in 17 championship games (for perspective Callum has scored that many in the CL alone this season), Bowen at the same age barely played for a Hull side that went down.
Its definitely true that CHO remains very young at 20 and that many players blossom between 20-23, so he has time. But I think your examples are also telling in that they are all guys who played a ton of football between 20-23 in their preferred wing/CAM position. Players develop by playing, simple as that. It just hasn't been happening for CHO and given the other options for the wing/CAM roles there I don't see it changing unless he finally goes on loan somewhere.

RashyForPM

You're also wrong about him having awful end product, very wrong. While I do agree he needs to be scoring more his decision making in the final third in terms of setting up chances is often on point. Examples of late being his awareness of Azpi coming in behind him Vs Burnley and against Fulham spotting Chilwell free on the other side of the box. You may say it's not that great but the point is it's still situations players with genuine "awful end product" mess up/fail to spot 99 times out of 100.
Eze and Bowen are debatable, I’ll give you that. With Eze, he is absolutely dazzling at times. Just watch his Championship highlights and his reasonably standout performances this season. Look at that goal against Sheff Utd. Would CHO do that? Not for me whatsoever. I think Eze will be better than CHO. With his London upbringing, he might very well replace CHO at Chelsea in a few years. Bowen is just a functional, hardworking player who can get you a goal. Perfect for an international squad. Unlike Eze, he’s not better than CHO, but will an English manager prefer someone like Bowen or CHO?

Barnes and Grealish were easy examples for me. Barnes is a regular starter in a team of equal quality to Chelsea at this moment and has outperformed CHO stats by two countrymiles for the past three seasons (granted, half of one was in the Championship). He’s basically CHO with end product and good decision-making. It’s not as if his dribbling or directness is inferior to CHO’s. Who cares if he was playing for MK Dons? Alli is poor now but he was probably the best midfielder in the league from 2015-17. He came from MK Dons. Grealish, come on. You can’t seriously pull me up on that. He is at least 5 times the player of CHO, and will be in 5 years time too. Can’t compare Grealish to CHO, Barnes, even Mason or Saka. That guy is up there with Bruno, KdB, Sterling, Kane, Son. Absolutely top class player.

Awful was probably the wrong word in isolation, fair enough. I won’t backtrack that he definitely has extremely lacking end product in comparison to the rest of the top half though. He struggles to make the right pass a lot of the time, his finishing is not good and while I never doubt that he can breeze past people, what happens to the cross after that? He should learn from Reece James, the guy who should be first choice RWB for you instead of him.