Callum Hudson-Odoi

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
With our injuries he has a great chance to prove he's a starter now. If he can't do that, then moving to Bayern isn't going to change anything. He's 18 years old and he's starting for Chelsea today, and the manager says he's become one of his starter choices. Moving now would be bizarre. He'd have to acclimatize to a new club, new tactics, a new language and hugely inflated expectations. At 18.
It's also a great challenge. Pogba did the same and it turned out to be a masterstroke.

Bayern might be a giant club but they know how to integrate youth players. Yes there is pressure there, but they also know to protect their players.

The fact that Bayern have continued bidding is proof that they are getting some sort of encouragement. I think he is going and it could be a great chance for him.

Classical Mechanic

Sounds like nonsense to be honest. Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet they're promising an 18 year old with very little top flight experience an automatic place in their 11? I'm calling bullshit on that.
They are supposed to have told him they want him to replace Robben.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Sounds like nonsense to be honest. Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world, yet they're promising an 18 year old with very little top flight experience an automatic place in their 11? I'm calling bullshit on that.
Unlikely to be promised a start. But he is likely to be promised a chance at a club with two aging players in his position.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
But come on, he's only playing now because Bayern are sniffing round and so you're now panicking. If Bayern weren't after him I imagine he'd be nowhere near the side.

Your record with bringing through youth players is absolutely appalling, that must play a factor in his thinking.
Also signing Pulisic doesn't send out the right signals either. Willian and Pedro playing poorly and he still can't even make the bench most games, why would he stay?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Can't see Bayern paying £40m for him, their transfer record is only €41m! :lol:

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
And he’s apparently said he’s not signing another one. May as well get the money in now.
Even if it's true, what do they have to lose by keeping him until summer? Just keep playing the lad and try to convince him to change his mind and sign an extension. If he's as good as he's supposed to be, his fee definitely won't suffer from extended playing time, in fact, it may rise if other clubs take notice. And if come summer he still wants to leave, so be it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Needs to start every match now. He's ready, better option than one of Willian or Pedro. Very confident he'll stay if he's a regular starter. Just need a striker to finish service he provides off.

predator

Youth NITK
Chelsea would be mad to let him go at such a young age for that price. They don't need the money. He looks as good as anyone his age in Europe and the fact he is English not only raises his value but also brings benefits to an English club. Fair play to him though if he goes to Bayern - its refreshing to see young English players venture abroad and actually want to make a mark on European football.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Can't see Bayern paying £40m for him, their transfer record is only €41m! :lol:
We paid 35 million plus possible add ons of another 45 million Euro for Sanches. Not much of a difference there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea would be mad to let him go at such a young age for that price. They don't need the money. He looks as good as anyone his age in Europe and the fact he is English not only raises his value but also brings benefits to an English club. Fair play to him though if he goes to Bayern - its refreshing to see young English players venture abroad and actually want to make a mark on European football.
His contract in running out and he's not signing a new one. We can cash in now or lose him for nothing next year.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Only got to watch the first half tonight, how was he?
Held his own and did better than Willian. You could see he wasn't being too adventurous, but you wouldn't really expect him to in a game of this magnitude. Couple of nice attacks, and looks like a genuine starting option.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He looked pretty good, nothing incredible but decent.
Yeah didn't do anything wrong but nothing extraordinary either.

starman

Definitely one to watch. If he is available we should be looking to be pick up if he moves, rather than wait for Bayern to buy him and then pay triple for him years later.

Bayern can have Sanchez for 40m if they like

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
For 40 m? Sell him, I say.
Did not look special to me.

Utdstar01

Only got to watch the first half tonight, how was he?
Good first half. Then he got switched to the left flank and seemed like majority of your players just ignored him, which is strange considering he was the only player who looked likely to do anything. Then wrongly subbed for Giroud.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
some very promising wingers coming through for England's NT now with Sancho and this lad,

Dare I say, the future looks kind of exciting for England

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
For 40 m? Sell him, I say.
Did not look special to me.
KDB and Salah didn't look special either in their time at the club, and how did that work out? CHO is a hugely prodigious talent, if we can keep him then we absolutely should.

Utdstar01

Bit of a joke that he had virtually no striker to link up with then he gets subbed for Giroud. Hazard was just dropping too deep all game and they had nothing on offer in the box.

robinrooney

If he played more often at the beginning of the season, he would have probably signed. But after sitting on the bench for half the season and a club like Bayern whispering in his ear promising him a good chance at first team football at a top club with Sancho as prime example how to make it, no wonder.
As seen now at United with Chong and Gomes

But come on, he's only playing now because Bayern are sniffing round and so you're now panicking. If Bayern weren't after him I imagine he'd be nowhere near the side.

Your record with bringing through youth players is absolutely appalling, that must play a factor in his thinking.
Shocking record.Begs the question,why do they have an academy at all. Can't be cheap to run but they never promote from within.

Actually it makes some sense. They see huge potential and might also consider Sancho rockin the house in Dortmund. Additionally Robben is going to change the club after this season and "Golden Steak Warrior" Ribery is becoming 36. So at this very moment Hudson-Odoi could already be starting to play first 11 for the rest of the season or as a back-up who still gets his minutes if Ribery or Robben are injured. Gnabry + H-O seems to be quite good for the future.

Also Goretzka Suele Sanches Kimmich are good company for "hungry" Bayern to attack CL-title.
No brainer for Hudson Odoi. The path into the 1st team is clear. Bayern have 2 ageing wingers. They won't spend £30m+ and not play him. Then it's all up to him to prove he's good enough. Good luck to the lad. IMO he is taking a risk but German league isn't as competitive as Premier League so he will get a chance to bed into the team. Chelsea wil lregret this as we did with Pogba.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
His contract is till June 2020. We should be playing him as a starter till then unless he tells the club he's leaving regardless. Can see he's ready. We'll never know how good he can be if we don't give him a chance.

He's 18 and not surprisingly quite raw. Already looking more effective than Willian which is a good start.

mu4c_20le

KDB and Salah didn't look special either in their time at the club, and how did that work out? CHO is a hugely prodigious talent, if we can keep him then we absolutely should.
Is he? Genuine question, because ive not really heard of him since the world cup. He had alot of space to play with today.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Bit of a joke that he had virtually no striker to link up with then he gets subbed for Giroud. Hazard was just dropping too deep all game and they had nothing on offer in the box.
By the time he was subbed Pedro had already replaced Willian. It was literally a choice between him or Hazard. Is it really a surprise he was the one that came off?

predator

Youth NITK
His contract in running out and he's not signing a new one. We can cash in now or lose him for nothing next year.
Shame really for anyone but the club signing him next imo. He looks very good in all departments so far. If he improves exponentially then I would bet on him becoming a star.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Is he? Genuine question, because ive not really heard of him since the world cup. He had alot of space to play with today.
Yeah, he's really, really special. I'll be absolutely gutted if we lose him, he's basically the most exciting of any of the kids who've come through our academy.

robinrooney

Even if it's true, what do they have to lose by keeping him until summer? Just keep playing the lad and try to convince him to change his mind and sign an extension. If he's as good as he's supposed to be, his fee definitely won't suffer from extended playing time, in fact, it may rise if other clubs take notice. And if come summer he still wants to leave, so be it.
Needs to start every match now. He's ready, better option than one of Willian or Pedro. Very confident he'll stay if he's a regular starter. Just need a striker to finish service he provides off.
These boys talking sense

mu4c_20le

Yeah, he's really, really special. I'll be absolutely gutted if we lose him, he's basically the most exciting of any of the kids who've come through our academy.
Wow, will keep a closer eye on him for sure. No wonder Bayern are offering that much for a largely unproven teenager.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Shame really for anyone but the club signing him next imo. He looks very good in all departments so far. If he improves exponentially then I would bet on him becoming a star.
Honestly, as shit as Chelsea have been with young players, I don't think CHO could have really had loads more opportunities. He is barely 18 (a year younger than that Chong dude for United) and halfway through the season must be at nearly 10 games. Only Ampadu has had more for Chelsea in recent years for us.

I really hope he stays but if he won't sign a contract and the club cashes in for 30plus million, I'll be sad but not angry.

Utdstar01

By the time he was subbed Pedro had already replaced Willian. It was literally a choice between him or Hazard. Is it really a surprise he was the one that came off?
Not a surprise no. I don't really understand why Pedro was brought on, he doesn't really offer much different than Willian. You were crying out for Giroud for the majority of the second half and decide to bring him on for the last 10 minutes.

IrishRedDevil

Spotted him when Chelsea played Arsenal in Dublin. I know it was only preseason but he was the best player on the pitch and toyed with Bellerin all game.

RedDevilRoshi

Wow, will keep a closer eye on him for sure. No wonder Bayern are offering that much for a largely unproven teenager.

They’ve obviously seen how successful Sancho has been at Dortmund and they need to replace the ageing Robben & Ribery.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still very, very raw, and not quite yet as explosive on the ball to make up for it. Hopefully he'll start getting more playing time and then we can evaluate him properly. Certainly looks a talent though

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, as shit as Chelsea have been with young players, I don't think CHO could have really had loads more opportunities. He is barely 18 (a year younger than that Chong dude for United) and halfway through the season must be at nearly 10 games. Only Ampadu has had more for Chelsea in recent years for us.

I really hope he stays but if he won't sign a contract and the club cashes in for 30plus million, I'll be sad but not angry.
Same. I won't blame the club for it, but I'll be gutted all the same.