Callum Hudson-Odoi

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ofcourse he is rated highly at Chelsea, his performances U23 and below were brilliant. However; this is the problem with clubs / youth players. Chelsea are not the only ones, United are the same.

We had Janujaz who produced half a season and got a bumper contract because PSG were interested. The agents are really good at getting these kids alot of money before they have proved anything. This is a major problem in the modern game.

They need to be doing it for a few seasons before getting such wages. It is ridiculous because alot of these players get distracted with the money. I am not saying they are greedy or anything but can you imagine as a 18 year old getting that much money? Not every player will make the right choices.
It's been a problem for years tbh, even 10 years ago Kakuta and McEachran with us got around 40k on a new deal. Considering inflation and the fact those two haven't properly proved it as first team players (whereas Odoi in my opinion has) it's probably a lot worse.

I do think if there was problems with players attitude and application it would come to the fore at some point anyway, the early bumper wages would only serve to elevate the process so in many ways it can serve to save a lot of bother.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He may well go on to be an incredible talent, but honestly I don't see it yet. I don't think he is a shoe-in for the England squad like he seems to be and hasn't impressed me much when I've watched him for Chelsea.
I disagree, i think he has looked at home in the first team.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1219955509131988992/pu/vid/608x336/TAgQImn1Di9xTyLU.mp4

For example here's the best bits of his performance against Arsenal in January. Vision, speed of thought and spatial awareness, five either openings or space created against (two of which culminated in big chances) due to those attributes of his mentioned above in that video alone and that didn't include his assist through a wonderfully weighted ball into the box.

He's got speed and acceleration to match almost any winger and he has a creative passing range of a central midfielder, that type of player is gold dust.

Unless he gets crippled by systematic injury problems I think he's next to certain to be a top player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ofcourse he is rated highly at Chelsea, his performances U23 and below were brilliant. However; this is the problem with clubs / youth players. Chelsea are not the only ones, United are the same.

We had Janujaz who produced half a season and got a bumper contract because PSG were interested. The agents are really good at getting these kids alot of money before they have proved anything. This is a major problem in the modern game.

They need to be doing it for a few seasons before getting such wages. It is ridiculous because alot of these players get distracted with the money. I am not saying they are greedy or anything but can you imagine as a 18 year old getting that much money? Not every player will make the right choices.
You're right nowhere clubs should be trying down their young talents for longer and not allowing to be at the mercy of said player when they start getting noticed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It's been a problem for years tbh, even 10 years ago Kakuta and McEachran with us got around 40k on a new deal. Considering inflation and the fact those two haven't properly proved it as first team players (whereas Odoi in my opinion has) it's probably a lot worse.

I do think if there was problems with players attitude and application it would come to the fore at some point anyway, the early bumper wages would only serve to elevate the process so in many ways it can serve to save a lot of bother.

OverratedOpinion

Thought he was crap because I'd never watched him play and he wasn't on any MOTD highlights I saw. Then I watched him play once against Arsenal and he was good so now I think he's great.

Amazing for England that this lad is nowhere near because we have such quality out wide now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Factoring inflation and the fact he held all the cards I don't think it is that obscene a wage to tie down an elite prospect down too, especially when you consider routine squad players command similar these days.
What has he proven as an "elite prospect" to command>100k wages though? Can you provide comparables for similar players? There are a lot of 19/20/21 year old talented forwards around who had to more to justify that sort of a salary.
If we didn't rate him that highly we would have let him walk like we did Solanke.
Yeah but being better than Solanki is hardly a sufficient reason to pay £120k per week. It's clear and apparent that Chelsea panicked and didn't to lose him to Bayern, so they paid more than what they would have otherwise offered just to make him to stay. Sure playing time and Lampard were key drivers but do you thin Bayern were happy to offer him £120k a week?

Based Adnan

Released on bail. Doesn't this mean he's been charged for something?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Released on bail. Doesn't this mean he's been charged for something?
It means that the investigation is still ongoing and the player is duty bound to return to station upon request.

From the uk police's own information.

"When the police release a person from custody, but they have not been charged and the investigation is ongoing, that person may be released on bail. This means that they are under a legal duty to return to the police station at the date and time provided to them."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If it's true we probably won't be seeing him on a football pitch again for a very, very long time.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Remember, Innocent until proven otherwise people!

I find it hard to believe a girl willing to break lockdown rules and go to a guys house in the early hours of the morning wouldn't do so for some hanky panky, I'm sure their social media accounts will be looked into.

If CHO has done the scummy thing then he's not just a vile human, he's also an idiot, imagine signing a 5 year contract for 120k a week at 19 then potentially pissing it away - thankfully money exposes a person for who they really are.

Either way he's still an idiot for having a girl over at this time.

Nick7

I find it hard to believe a girl willing to break lockdown rules and go to a guys house in the early hours of the morning wouldn't do so for some hanky panky, I'm sure their social media accounts will be looked into.

If CHO has done the scummy thing then he's not just a vile human, he's also an idiot, imagine signing a 5 year contract for 120k a week at 19 then potentially pissing it away - thankfully money exposes a person for who they really are.

Entirely possible she did go for some "hanky panky" and was still raped.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Entirely possible she did go for some "hanky panky" and was still raped.
Absolutely, unfortunately it'll be hard to prove rape if their private chats are full of them being sexually suggestive etc.

Rape is a very messy crime to solve, and ends up being "he said, she said" in scenarios like this, and if their DM's are fully of nudes etc, that coupled with the fact she went to his place during lockdown will be near impossible to get a conviction.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I were rich and famous, there's not a chance I'd bang a lady I don't know well. Too many things can go wrong.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If I were rich and famous, there's not a chance I'd bang a lady I don't know well. Too many things can go wrong.
Have surveillance in your house, every room so there will be your proof you didn't do it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not a chance. Football has no morals. If he is guilty he would be a signed to someone within a week of his release.
A while back (not so long ago), I might have sadly agreed. But I do think there's been a sea-change because large clubs are run like businesses and reputational risk is a big part of things. In a world of massive social media presence and sponsors poring all over them, I think a club would be very reluctant to take him on.. IF GUILTY.

There's also the fact that IF GUILTY, time in prison would massively impact on his athleticism in terms of regular high level sport. You can do exercise in prison yes, but it's nowhere near the level required for regular, top flight football.

(Don't know details, hope truth comes out, whatever way that happens to be.)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
A while back (not so long ago), I might have sadly agreed. But I do think there's been a sea-change because large clubs are run like businesses and reputational risk is a big part of things. In a world of massive social media presence and sponsors poring all over them, I think a club would be very reluctant to take him on.. IF GUILTY.

There's also the fact that IF GUILTY, time in prison would massively impact on his athleticism in terms of regular high level sport. You can do exercise in prison yes, but it's nowhere near the level required for regular, top flight football.

(Don't know details, hope truth comes out, whatever way that happens to be.)
I don't think it will ever be properly proved either way unfortunately.

Either the women's going to have to live with getting no justice or CHO will have to live with a stigma unfairly and we'll never know which.

Stacks

[/QUOTE]

definitely going to be used against her by a lawyer. They met online as well so she barely even knew him yet snuck out to link him during a national lock down in early hours. Of course she could have just wanted to "meet" him but then the defence lawyer may question why she needed to go into his house. Unless there is solid evidence of rape she will probably lose. When do footballers every get prosecuted for this?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Surveillance in your home isnt illegal, I'm assuming setting a video up directly at your bed is though. :lol:

@horsechoker haven't seen the video but if I were filthy rich I wouldn't leave anything to chance, specially rich and famous.
I meant recording someone having sex without clear (and presumably provable (?)) consent is.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I meant recording someone having sex without clear (and presumably provable (?)) consent is.
Maybe, but if you have surveillance cameras in your house, then you can probably prove yourself innocent by what leads up to your bedroom etc, I mean, if you and a woman/guy are drinking, kissing and all the good stuff before going to the bedroom you've basically shown they've gone to your room consensually.

Not sure if you're allowed a camera in your bedroom? Don't see why not? If you're not posting it on the internet or anything? If I had money I'd certainly take legal advice before doing it obviously.

@Stacks exactly, unfortunately rape is hard to prove.

Maybe, but if you have surveillance cameras in your house, then you can probably prove yourself innocent by what leads up to your bedroom etc, I mean, if you and a woman/guy are drinking, kissing and all the good stuff before going to the bedroom you've basically shown they've gone to your room consensually.

Not sure if you're allowed a camera in your bedroom? Don't see why not? If you're not posting it on the internet or anything? If I had money I'd certainly take legal advice before doing it obviously.

@Stacks exactly, unfortunately rape is hard to prove.
But obviously going to someone's room consensually is very different from having any kind of consensual sexual contact, although juries can see it differently. Obviously consent can be a complicated and intricate situation with whether it can be implied and whether it should be checked every step of the way in a sexual encounter, but it can be revoked at any time, including during sex.

flappyjay

This is what I keep saying too. Random hookups tend to lead to trouble for both rich and regular guys.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
We should refrain from making any conclusions whatsoever about this until the police investigation has been made.

Yes, you can judge him for breaking the corona rules, and morally judge him for hiring what is probably a prostitute, but so far nothing can be concluded about rape or whatsoever. Too often it turns out to be a false allegation, so lets just wait this out.

USREDEVIL

This incident is probably going to go away. He said/she said, and then there'll be a lesser charge, some money exchanged and CHO will be ready for the EPL season soon enough.

IrishGlen

Absolutely, unfortunately it'll be hard to prove rape if their private chats are full of them being sexually suggestive etc.

Rape is a very messy crime to solve, and ends up being "he said, she said" in scenarios like this, and if their DM's are fully of nudes etc, that coupled with the fact she went to his place during lockdown will be near impossible to get a conviction.
Not true at all mate.

Nudes, flirtatious messages, visiting his home, etc wouldn’t prove it was consensual. She could have been midway through a sexual act and still be raped e.g. the least vulgar example being the removal of a condom.

Things like being in a relationship / married, not putting up a struggle or resisting, a promiscuous history, wearing revealing clothing, flirting, etc do not make rape consensual sex.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I can be sexting someone for weeks, be really up for having sex with them and then go to their place but decide I don't want to or feel like it and be raped. Lots of people who are in consensual relationships with people can still be raped by that consensual partner (in a non consensual incident). Your post reads really poorly tbf on the woman in this situation.

Obviously we have to wait and see what the police investigation finds (A reason I hate these stories becoming public before things are looked at properly) but let's not make posts which appear to be blaming.