Callum Hudson-Odoi

Red00012

Solanke has one goal and gets a 20 mill fee surely he’s worth a punt at 30mill?

Utdstar01

Honestly, as shit as Chelsea have been with young players, I don't think CHO could have really had loads more opportunities. He is barely 18 (a year younger than that Chong dude for United) and halfway through the season must be at nearly 10 games. Only Ampadu has had more for Chelsea in recent years for us.

I really hope he stays but if he won't sign a contract and the club cashes in for 30plus million, I'll be sad but not angry.
I agree, he's had a fair few games but perhaps a case of too little too late? Sarri made critical comments on him right at the beginning of the season and that I imagine could've given a negative impression. Chelsea's reputation with youngsters potentially coming back to haunt them with this one. Be unfortunate because I'd like to see him develop in the premier league and you'd have to say it could potentially be Pedro and Willian's last seasons in the premier league.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Interesting player, looks very promising but doesn't seem to play with much hunger. Maybe needs to move, but doubt Bayern is the right place for him.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
And Pogba joined Juve on a free and Sancho joined Dortmund for 9 million. So both were low risk, high reward moves. If they sign Hudson-Odoi for 40 million and he flops they would look ridiculous.
In that case a english club would buy him for 20-30m.
For 40 m? Sell him, I say.
Did not look special to me.
I saw Salah against Wolves yesterday....."Did not look special to me".

Utdstar01

Interesting player, looks very promising but doesn't seem to play with much hunger. Maybe needs to move, but doubt Bayern is the right place for him.
What do you mean? Play him with a striker and he'll create.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He was a lot different in the last game against Forest. Much more adventurous and got 2 assists. With it being Spurs in a semi final he was probably trying to focus on playing carefully rather than really putting it out there. He's still very young.

sincher

What do you mean? Play him with a striker and he'll create.
Have seen him a few times for England and for Chelsea and I think he has a real chance of being top class, but he just doesn't seem quite as hungry for the ball as he should be given his ability on it. I mean I am comparing against the likes of Giggs when he came through I suppose. I know what you mean about playing with a striker, and today I also wondered about his relationship with the other Chelsea players as they seemed genuinely reluctant to pass to him.

sincher

He was a lot different in the last game against Forest. Much more adventurous and got 2 assists. With it being Spurs in a semi final he was probably trying to focus on playing carefully rather than really putting it out there. He's still very young.
All true. I missed the Forest game, though have seen him a few times. In some ways I am impressed with his maturity but there have been quite a few times where I have felt like screaming at him to run at defenders more.

Utdstar01

Have seen him a few times for England and for Chelsea and I think he has a real chance of being top class, but he just doesn't seem quite as hungry for the ball as he should be given his ability on it. I mean I am comparing against the likes of Giggs when he came through I suppose. I know what you mean about playing with a striker, and today I also wondered about his relationship with the other Chelsea players as they seemed genuinely reluctant to pass to him.
Yeah it could be the manager's message to keep a hold of the ball and play a little more conservatively. I think he could've been reluctant to play risky balls or crosses because of the lack of bodies in the box. I agree with you there, first half he was getting plenty of the ball. As soon as he was switched to the right in the second half, it seemed like they didn't want to pass to him.

Canagel

Why?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I noticed it as well. I put it down to a youth team player being in the first team being a foreign concept to the Chelsea players thus it confused them as to what he was doing out there

;)

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
They probably have not trained much with him.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Can't see Bayern paying £40m for him, their transfer record is only €41m! :lol:
German papers are talking about €39m right now. Would fit to us, we pay just under our record.

In Sanches' case we basically cheated it down with tons of bonusses added. So there could be some bonusses for Chelski too. But i think that's a lot of money for a 18 year old without any proffessional experience and a running down contract. We must really rate him very high.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
German papers are talking about €39m right now. Would fit to us, we pay just under our record.

In Sanches' case we basically cheated it down with tons of bonusses added. So there could be some bonusses for Chelski too. But i think that's a lot of money for a 18 year old without any proffessional experience and a running down contract. We must really rate him very high.
To be fair the Sanches case was different, he played a full season for Benfica (impressing against you guys in the CL too) and had a decent euros (Or was it the world cup?) And was attracting interest from United which always increases the price.

So for CHO to go for €39m having played a handful of games is quite astonishing, I admittedly haven't seen much of him, about 4 games, but I wasn't blown away, but I'm sure Bayern have done their homework, and if he does turn out to be successful, I'd rather him at Bayern than Chelsea.

RedCurry

He looked like he has good balance but never really saw him show his pace. Maybe it’s just that Spurs we’re defending deep. But if you’re playing as a wide forward, you have to be brisk. In the RW spot, he’s going to compete with Sancho for England and I am not sure if he’s got that pace to compete.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Robben and Ribery are leaving this summer, So his competition will be Gnabry, Coman(both who have poor injury record) and 18yr old Canadian Alphonso Davies

RochaRoja

I wonder how England will manage him and Sancho both playing in the same position if he ends up justifying the hype.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And it looks like Bayern are going to try and replace Robben and Ribery with some combination of Coman, Gnarby, Davies and Hudson-Odoi. I think Coman is definitely good enough, I am not sure about Gnarby and I think it will take years for Davies and Hudson-Odoi to reach the required level if ever.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I wonder how England will manage him and Sancho both playing in the same position if he ends up justifying the hype.
Not a problem, as one of them can easily play on the left. Sancho has done so in the past for Dortmund; Hudson-Odoi started on the right wing today and switched to the left after Pedro was subbed on.

But Sterling has turned 24 only last month, so even if both youngsters make it he'll still be around for a long time.

RochaRoja

Not a problem, as one of them can easily play on the left. Sancho has done so in the past for Dortmund; Hudson-Odoi started on the right wing today and switched to the left after Pedro was subbed on.

But Sterling has turned 24 only last month, so even if both youngsters make it he'll still be around for a long time.
Yeah, I still think Sterling is better starting from wide than where he played in the World Cup. He’s one of England’s two best players along with Kane so it still seems like they’d be competing for one spot.

Suedesi

And it looks like Bayern are going to try and replace Robben and Ribery with some combination of Coman, Gnarby, Davies and Hudson-Odoi. I think Coman is definitely good enough, I am not sure about Gnarby and I think it will take years for Davies and Hudson-Odoi to reach the required level if ever.
It's a low risk gamble for Bayern tbh. If it works out, great they've got a young player for a decade! If it doesn't, I'm sure they'll be able to sell to the premier league in 3 years for merely a 20% markup.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
KDB and Salah didn't look special either in their time at the club, and how did that work out? CHO is a hugely prodigious talent, if we can keep him then we absolutely should.
I know, but we had Mourinho, right? At the time I was strongly against selling KdB. But, it still kind of worked out nicely for us.

Now, it just seems to me that that ship has already sailed. On top of that, IMO he does not look special, so take the 40m and give him a goodbye kiss. Just my opinion.

In Rainbows

Wow, will keep a closer eye on him for sure. No wonder Bayern are offering that much for a largely unproven teenager.
That entire age group is full of prodigious talents. It's why people call them or have been calling them a golden generation for like the past 3-4 years. I mean, just look at it. Sancho, Foden, Hudson Odoi, Gibbs White, Sessegnon brothers, Gomes, Smith Rowe, Skipp, and also other players who have yet to make their mark in Mceachran, Kirby, Oaklley Boothe (struggling I heard), etc...

Hudson Odoi did really well against our youth last season from what I remember.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2764206

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I wouldn’t mind this kid at United as a cut price alternative to a Sancho for the right wing issue. Looks a talent to me.

With regards to England I think Sancho from what I’ve seen needs to be on the right more whereas I think CHO looks like would be comfortable on either flank.

Ekeke

Only saw the second half of the Chelsea Spurs match but something I noticed is that he seemed to have good composure in general play. Didnt try to do too much himself, was happy to play a calm pass into a teammate in a good position. Thats not always the case with young wingers with talent, they tend to want to make their own name by trying to do too much themselves

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
40M € for a kid basically without top flight football experience, what can go wrong.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
40M € for a kid basically without top flight football experience, what can go wrong.
Nothing. Players like Ibe, Solanke have gone got 15-20 million, if the kid plays at decent level, Bayern can easily recoup lot of the investment.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's weird Bayern are going all out to sign an 18 year old from England with basically nothing but reserve team football. Obviously really highly rated. You would think one of these days Chelsea will actually bring through their young players into their own first team though.
Aye, especially during a period when they're struggling in attack/for goals, and over reliant on Hazard because none of their other attackers are contributing much.

Classical Mechanic

Only saw the second half of the Chelsea Spurs match but something I noticed is that he seemed to have good composure in general play. Didnt try to do too much himself, was happy to play a calm pass into a teammate in a good position. Thats not always the case with young wingers with talent, they tend to want to make their own name by trying to do too much themselves
Yeah, his link up play in tight spaces is really good, rarely does the wrong thing.

He started well yesterday and looked dangerous but faded as the game went on, he had a couple of shots that were a bit off. In the second half he went in his best position but wasn't in the game. Spurs sat in and Chelsea were insipid. He was hampered by having Hazard as his striker too as there wasn't ever anyone to get on the end of crosses.

When he's on the right he plays more as a traditional winger by beating his man and getting crosses in for a striker as we saw against Forest at weekend. On the left he's more of an an inside forward and more of a goal scoring threat.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
It seems Bayern are going the route of Madrid and paying obscene amounts for unproven talents. Is it a case of not being able to compete in the top bracket of the market?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Absysmal game management from Sarri. Take him off when you bring a target man on.

Adisa

It seems Bayern are going the route of Madrid and paying obscene amounts for unproven talents. Is it a case of not being able to compete in the top bracket of the market?
No, they have seen with Sancho that with game time, his value can sky rocket in a matter of months.

Adisa

Robben and Ribery are leaving this summer, So his competition will be Gnabry, Coman(both who have poor injury record) and 18yr old Canadian Alphonso Davies
Isn't that extremely risky for Bayern, leaving their wing play entirely to a bunch of kids?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The chickens are coming home to roost for Chelsea.

Odd that he got to play - given that he hasn't signed a new contract, I thought he was to be benched for the next 18 months and basically ruin his progression into senior football.

Think Solanke suffered a lot from Chelseas callous youth policy. They really are doing their best to ruin the youngsters they hoove up.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was a bit lost in the 2nd half but I was very impressed in the first, just seems to have something about him - his decision making impressed me most despite his obvious qualities on the ball.

There's a reason why Bayern are bidding for him I guess.

Eleven-Eighteen

Who is he and why have i never heard of him before the last couple of weeks?

Maybe i'm not following football as much as i used to (on account of getting older and busier...) but talents pursued by a couple of big teams usually made front page news