Callum Hudson-Odoi

finneh

Both were multi-million pound signings and full internationals who were in their 20s. The manager certainly fecked up by letting them go but its not the same as us not giving kids a chance.
Like I said the point still remains... Going for the short term option over players who were more talented but would take a couple of years to mature.

Jose still used Rashford as an important player in the squad, if he didn't start he was still often brought on.

Mount's position won't have anyone signed in, we have him, Loftus and Barkley and there's a lot more urgent needs.

We may sign a winger but Pedro and Willian are likely offski so we will have Odoi, Pulisic and new winger fighting for two places which will mean the likelihood of him falling into the loan abyss is pretty remote.

Abraham will have to have an outstanding season for us to abandon pursuit of a forward, but worst case scenario with him he's number two next season.

Reece James, same with Mount, RB won't be on an urgent list for the market.

The only one who's in any remote danger of being sold is Tomori and if his early performances are anything to go by, he will more likely be a mainstay than fall to that fate.
Rashford was generally used on the right due to the board failing to agree terms with Inter for Perisic.

I can certainly see Chelsea bringing 5-6 players in next summer all of whom would reduce minutes of Abraham, Mount and Odoi. In truth though that's not a huge issue as they shouldn't be relied upon at their age. The problem is when the manager only plays the strongest XI due to the pressures of losing a few games.

Ruufio

Supports
Chelsea
CHO and Reece James playing today against Southampton for the U23s. Will be ready for Grimsby in the League Cup.

Lampard on Hudson-Odoi and Reece James: "We have got them playing in the U23s tomorrow. We have a game in the week that they can certainly play a part in for the Carabao Cup. So they have been out.”

Last edited by a moderator:

predator

Youth NITK
Chelsea ruining football. Obscene wages for a 10 year old.

Seriously though if you're good enough you're old enough and I think that should apply in every industry.

From what I've seen of CHO I'm impressed. Chelsea would've been crazy to let him go. To read comments slating this contract Is truly baffling. This is the same sport that allows Alexis Sanchez to be paid north of 400k a week, the same sport that see's agents get a 20 million cut.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Regarding the contract, how are people claiming this too be too much ? The Chelsea management have offered terms to him based on how highly they rate him. He's obviously highly regarded and hence the contract. The only way to be able to say that they've cocked up and overpaid is if going forward be doesn't justify it - unless those saying that now have seen tons of him and don't rate him highly (in which case take enoenoug).

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Brilliant goals for the 21s yesterday, looks like his pace is still good.

I hadn't seen this before.
Two outstanding goals. He hasn't quite reached these heights with Chelsea just yet but I suspect he'll be in the starting line up against Newcastle at the weekend.
Very exciting to see an 18 year old who can run with the ball and shoot like this.

In Rainbows

Looks like he's bouncing back from that achilles injury. Is he still moving around as he once did or is there a slight noticeable difference in his athleticism?

Classical Mechanic

Looks like he's bouncing back from that achilles injury. Is he still moving around as he once did or is there a slight noticeable difference in his athleticism?
Hard to tell so I'd say not significantly. He was leaving some of the Austrian defenders for dead yesterday but it's not just his pace, it's his touch and control that gives him an edge. He was motoring on that second goal.

shahzy

Arteta getting it means everyone hes associated with have to isolated ie: Arsenal.
CHO getting it means the chelsea squad and management need to be isolated.

In other words. You cant be playing any of these games

Darlington Padgett

Arteta getting it means everyone hes associated with have to isolated ie: Arsenal.
CHO getting it means the chelsea squad and management need to be isolated.

In other words. You cant be playing any of these games
West Ham too, they played Arsenal a few days ago.

mav_9me

Testing positive for the virus doesn't mean much as you can be infected and asymptomatic. I'm not sure what symptoms he had and hopefully he is right when he says he is recovered.

It seems he is ok but if numerous players get it i wonder how much it will affect performance. Reports suggest it can cause permanent lung damage even in young and healthy people.

Eleven-Eighteen

It seems he is ok but if numerous players get it i wonder how much it will affect performance. Reports suggest it can cause permanent lung damage even in young and healthy people.
Pretty sure that was only *one* unconfirmed report from Wuhan.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Must not be that damaging for even semi-fit young people. He said he had it for a couple of days and he's fine now.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Must not be that damaging for even semi-fit young people. He said he had it for a couple of days and he's fine now.
Yesterday a French hospital reported they had severe cases of young people who were in good health prior to getting the virus

It also can escalate very quickly, they went from very healthy the first 7 days to being on life support on the 8th one

Nick7

It’s case by case. Not every young person will be affected the same way. Not every older person will get pneumonia and die.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What an absolute moron.

How fecking hard is it to follow the simplest of instructions?

RUCK4444

What an absolute moron.

How fecking hard is it to follow the simplest of instructions?
Sounds like sh!t gets deeper on this story rather than just flouting the distancing rules.

If they are searching his house it could be for whatever drug was in her system.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Some people believe their status means they are above the law (Dr Ferguson) and some are probably just thick (CH-O). Both wanted female company and both got caught. In the great scheme of things, stupid rather than villainous.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Him and his agent really fleeced the club when they got that new contract. Things will get ugly for Chelsea's wage structure when other just as talented players at the club start asking for similar money.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Whilst he's obviously talented, I don't think he's as talented or churning out the performances to justify his wages in the first place. This incident doesn't help either.

cyberman

Whilst he's obviously talented, I don't think he's as talented or churning out the performances to justify his wages in the first place. This incident doesn't help either.
Being linked with Bayern alone inflated his worth. It was as if Bayern have never gone after a less than world class player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Some people believe their status means they are above the law (Dr Ferguson) and some are probably just thick (CH-O). Both wanted female company and both got caught. In the great scheme of things, stupid rather than villainous.
The most important thing they both have in common is having already recovered from the virus. Hence they would have both assumed this means they can no longer infect anyone else. Which isn’t about thinking their job makes them above the law or about being thick. In fact, it’s probably a reasonable assumption.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Him and his agent really fleeced the club when they got that new contract. Things will get ugly for Chelsea's wage structure when other just as talented players at the club start asking for similar money.
The only player (in his age group) more talented is Reece.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Being linked with Bayern alone inflated his worth. It was as if Bayern have never gone after a less than world class player
Yeah, that plus Sancho doing so well at Germany probably pushed Chelsea on top. If they rated him that highly in the first place they wouldn't really splash out so much on Pulisic in my opinion.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, but he's not worth £120k a week so early in my opinion. Seems a presumptuous wage bump.
Factoring inflation and the fact he held all the cards I don't think it is that obscene a wage to tie down an elite prospect down too, especially when you consider routine squad players command similar these days.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, that plus Sancho doing so well at Germany probably pushed Chelsea on top. If they rated him that highly in the first place they wouldn't really splash out so much on Pulisic in my opinion.
If we didn't rate him that highly we would have let him walk like we did Solanke.

romufc

If we didn't rate him that highly we would have let him walk like we did Solanke.
Ofcourse he is rated highly at Chelsea, his performances U23 and below were brilliant. However; this is the problem with clubs / youth players. Chelsea are not the only ones, United are the same.

We had Janujaz who produced half a season and got a bumper contract because PSG were interested. The agents are really good at getting these kids alot of money before they have proved anything. This is a major problem in the modern game.

They need to be doing it for a few seasons before getting such wages. It is ridiculous because alot of these players get distracted with the money. I am not saying they are greedy or anything but can you imagine as a 18 year old getting that much money? Not every player will make the right choices.

Havak

Pokemon master
He may well go on to be an incredible talent, but honestly I don't see it yet. I don't think he is a shoe-in for the England squad like he seems to be and hasn't impressed me much when I've watched him for Chelsea.

The contract is based purely on potential and not how good he is right now IMO. However, I think he will be more mentally stable now and Frank is probably the right man to get him grounded and putting 100% in for Chelsea.

Interested to see how he develops as Chelsea need to start doing this and it'll benefit England if some of these lads make it.