Calm down (no, this is not related to Harry Enfield)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Zlatattack, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Aug 7, 2018

Zlatattack Full Member

This time of the year is known as silly season in relation to football news, and we've been whipped into hysteria on this forum over the last 4-6 weeks. I'm not going to sit here and tell you things are good - that's up to you to decide but look at our forum at the moment;

Martial is leaving/the manager hates Martial/Martial is crap/Martial is great!
    Pogba is leaving/Pogba hates Jose/Pogba is over rated/Pogba is great!
    Mata should go/He's a legend/He's always been rubbish/What's he done for us?
    Rojo should go/He's a legend/He's always been rubbish/What's he done for us?
    Why isn't Darmian gone yet
    Why haven't we bought anyone else
    The manager should go
    Who should we replace the manager with

So much of it is paper rumours, some of it might have some truth to it, but the vast majority of it is rumours spread to make money! The negative spin is deliberately done to create hysteria to sell papers. Go read about Joses interview post Bayern and then watch it - chalk and cheese.

I'm not happy, we've not strengthened in the areas I'd like us to strengthen, we have players I don't like, pre-season was underwhelming, other clubs seem to have strengthened, i fear we might be overtaken, i consider out football dreadfully boring - but it's not the end of the world. We're not in crisis, don't believe everything you read.