Calvin Bassey - Ajax

Ludens the Red

It's so funny cos he's been atrocious for Nigeria. For those of us who follow him at Rangers too, it's been quite baffling processing the contrast. Personally I doubt he's cut out for top level, but looks like he can improve loads, so who knows?
Haha yep but you can basically apply that to everyone. Aribo always looks slick for Rangers but when he’s in green he looks like garbage.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've seen Rangers a few times this season and he's impressed me every time. He's a proper presence down his side.

Zoo

Leicester fans are gutted that they let him go.

Gwhizz

This guy is the real deal. Whoever grabs him first is going to get one hell of a steal. United should be after him for his versatility alone. Athleticism is off the charts and will only get better as his game matures. But from the 20 or so Rangers games I've watched this season he'd replace Shaw or Maguire easily

RedDevilRoshi

I’ve watched a couple of Rangers games this season and this guy has impressed me every time. He was signed as a LB but has looked just as good at CB too. Looks great both defensively and offensively when he drives forward.

Definitely will be a few clubs in for him this summer and won’t be surprised if his former manager Gerrard wants to take him at Villa next season. Still young and definitely one to monitor going forward.

ShinjiNinja26

I like the look of this guy. One of them ones where if you sign him now you’ll get him relatively cheap, otherwise a club like Leicester sign him and he ends up costing you £50-60m a couple years down the line.

jesperjaap

Probably goes to Villa with Gerard said to be a big fan. Can see him getting picked up by a top 6 team after a year at a mid league team a bit like Van Dijk.
Been really good in Rangers Europa league campaign, I feel a move to someone like Villa is probabl the right move for him at the moment.

Looks really powerful and decent ont the ball but Evra and Rudiger comparisons or replacements a bit OTT for me.

Liek him and enjoyed Rangers Europa games, but then there have been a few like Kent and Moreno looked like world beaters that simply arent, they are decent players. Bassey may be better but personally dont see him beign a starter or star at the big premiership clubs

jesperjaap

If ten Hag gets Timber (with the greatest respect I hope he doesn't, simply because I feel we really need a left footed centre back) then I hope we don't play him right back. He is a centre back who can play right back and not the other way around. He has only had 4 appearances for Ajax at right back this season and that was down to injuries. To me, it'd be like playing Lindelof there, who I feel ETH could potentially use there if any injuries occur.

I feel if we are to replace Wan-Bissaka, who looks as though he may be going, it needs to be with an attacking right back. I feel the players below could be good rotational players with Dalot and wouldn't cost too much.

Nordi Mukiele
Matty Cash
Denzel Dumfries
Jeremie Frimpong

As for Bassey, I've seen him a few times and like others, I've been impressed. Maybe someone we should be keeping our eye on, but as it stands, I wouldn't say left back is a massive priority compared to the other positions we need upgrading, more notably in midfield.
Is Cash an upgrade on Bissaka? I knwo he is right back not left back but to me he seems like a heavily diluted version of Chilwell. ALways been a fan of Bissaka and thoguth he would be a great signing, he hasnt progressed and it is time for him to go and be replaced as Dalot certainly isnt the answer. Cash is doign well at Villa but I dont see Cash as an upgrade.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Close to Villa according to The Times.
Saw that.

Said the same, that Villa would be in for him. Its a shame our scouting hasn't deemed him worth the 15-20m he will go for.

Will move to one of the top 6 teams within 2 years for a far bigger sum than Villa will pay in my opinion.

So many bargains to be found in the Scottish game.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Close to Villa according to The Times.
Would be surprised in as much as Villa are already well stocked on the left-hand side of defence with Digne and Mings there already, so they'd likely have other priorities to tackle first.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Always hard to judge players who ply their trade in Scotland but given the run in Europe Rangers have had what do we think about Bassey?

Can’t say I’ve seen lots of him but he seems to be getting a lot of praise this season and being linked with moves to the PL in the summer.

22 years old, Left back or centre half, Italian by birth but Nigerian international, developed by Leicester City. Only been at Rangers 2 years.

Any good?
Wait what?!?!? Why?!?!??

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love him. No I’m not at all biased being a Rangers fan :D tremendous season and has many attributes (fast, strong, fantastic engine, crossing ability, goal threat). Yeah he plays up here but in Europe he’s been excellent as well. I’d love to take a chance on him.

Art

Art the artist
Villa are having the summer we're supposed to have. With Kamara as well

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Villa are going to finish above us next season
Cry babies on here. Villa won't be finishing anywhere near us. Even in our worst season in ages we slept walk into 6th. We now have one of the best managers in Europe over the past 4 years and he will get his players and get the team playing again.Stop the moping and negative rhetoric. Kamara and Bassey are not taking us up from 6th to the Top 4 so calm down.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Could be a really good move for him to continue to grow as a LCB

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Don’t know much about him. Is he any good?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've only seen him play twice (europa and Scottish Cup finals) and he was excellent in both.

Mate of mine is a big Rangers fan and thinks he's brilliant. His pace/athleticism is what stands out the most.

Fast rise for him though. He wasn't even getting in the Rangers team at the start of the season. Cracking business from.them.to be honest, they only paid about 300k for him.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I was sceptical at first when I heard the rumours. From what I remember in EL final I thought he looked quite poor/uncomfortable in possession, which usually doesn't work well with Ajax. On the other side he did look impressive defensively, which is obviously very important for a defender. Given all the positive reveiws on this guy, I think I'm happy we signed him. 22m is a lot of money, but after what we've sold Martinez for, can't really complain about that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was sceptical at first when I heard the rumours. From what I remember in EL final I thought he looked quite poor/uncomfortable in possession, which usually doesn't work well with Ajax. On the other side he did look impressive defensively, which is obviously very important for a defender. Given all the positive reveiws on this guy, I think I'm happy we signed him. 22m is a lot of money, but after what we've sold Martinez for, can't really complain about that.
He’s definitely more of a ball carrier with his pace and strength than he is an insightful passer

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I've only seen him play twice (europa and Scottish Cup finals) and he was excellent in both.

Mate of mine is a big Rangers fan and thinks he's brilliant. His pace/athleticism is what stands out the most.

Fast rise for him though. He wasn't even getting in the Rangers team at the start of the season. Cracking business from.them.to be honest, they only paid about 300k for him.
Thanks mate, sounds promising. Not happy with the 10% selling bonus.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’d have taken him in a heartbeat at Chelsea.

Not a huge risk for the money quoted, very young and a physical specimen.

He has also played left back regularly, played cb in the Europe League run and got motm in the final. Left footed cb who has played in a back 3 and can play left back and has the energy to attack after attack. Very very quick and ridiculously strong. Would have been ideal replacement for Rudiger with guidance from Thiago Silva. We would never take a chance on a player from SPL though. We will buy him for Ajax for 80m in 3 years.