Calvin Ramsay

Red_toad

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Castles or Hunter if we're properly interested. Looks like a good little player. The jocks certainly know how to develop a full back don't they - could have a whole bloody squad of them.

MrBrightside1989

As an Aberdeen fan, this lad is a top looking talent. Really good going forward but may have a little devloping to do defensively but I'm sure it will come. Still hasn't scored yet but his delivery and passing is very good. Be well worth a punt for £5m.

Everton paid over £12m fir Patterson and I think Ramsay could be better.

Rinnegan240

YouTube comp doesn't look anything special but I agree there is some talent there. 5 million is a bargain though and it would be insanity to pass up on a transfer like this.

I think this transfer will be in the same mould with (in my own opinion) Ole's best piece of transfer business which was flipping Dan James for a tidy little profit even though he did not exactly set the world on flames.

Worth a punt if we can conclude this transfer during the current window.

BSSM

Has been Aberdeens best player this season. Bit of development to go but is really good going forward with a decent delivery

Red_toad

As an Aberdeen fan, this lad is a top looking talent. Really good going forward but may have a little devloping to do defensively but I'm sure it will come. Still hasn't scored yet but his delivery and passing is very good. Be well worth a punt for £5m.

Everton paid over £12m fir Patterson and I think Ramsay could be better.
Does he have bad games? Seems incredibly consistent in the matches I’ve managed to catch him in. Wouldnt look out of place in midfield either from what I’ve seen.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Aaron Ramsay - shite
Eric Ramsay - shite
Gordon Ramsay - shite (at football)

Should we trust another Ramsay?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who is hickey at bologna? And who is the better Scottish left back?

MrBrightside1989

Who is hickey at bologna? And who is the better Scottish left back?
Ramsay is a right back and does seem very consistent and if he continues to improve I think he could have a very solid career.

hickey left Hearts for Bologna a few years ago as a young left back. Seems to be doing well and was recently on someone's (can't remember which site) wonder kid dream team. Will have his work cut out if he is going to start ahead of Robertson/Tierney.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ramsay is a right back and does seem very consistent and if he continues to improve I think he could have a very solid career.

hickey left Hearts for Bologna a few years ago as a young left back. Seems to be doing well and was recently on someone's (can't remember which site) wonder kid dream team. Will have his work cut out if he is going to start ahead of Robertson/Tierney.
Thanks !

Oranges038

If he can pass and run with the ball without falling over, then 5m would be a steal.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A two footed full back who can go outside or cut in :drool:
Basically I want a Dalot who isn't shite.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
That's a nice watch for a mob used to enduring Wan Bissaka and Dalot battling it out for the right back slot. Lots of promise there. Bizarre obsession the Scots have developed for full backs alright.

poleglass red

looks a great talent, my only concern would be him adapting to the weather. Manchester is a lot warmer than Aberdeen. Dec to feb he'd be fine but the much hotter, balmier sunshine of an aug to Nov could be problematic.

Varun1

looks a great talent, my only concern would be him adapting to the weather. Manchester is a lot warmer than Aberdeen. Dec to feb he'd be fine but the much hotter, balmier sunshine of an aug to Nov could be problematic.
I started off thinking WTF ... but that was funny!

Red_toad

If he can pass and run with the ball without falling over, then 5m would be a steal.
At 18 he oozes more composure than AWB in the attacking third. I’d say he couldplay both fullback roles and probably in midfield. Looks a class above his team mates and his attitude is excellent.

Scholsey2004

We were credited with an interest a while back then it went quiet. I like him a lot but the pessimist in me wonders if this is the right place for him to develop. We've got a lot of good young lads around his age who arent getting a sniff. Diallo cost 36m and he's only had a few games.

Gordon S

We were credited with an interest a while back then it went quiet. I like him a lot but the pessimist in me wonders if this is the right place for him to develop. We've got a lot of good young lads around his age who arent getting a sniff. Diallo cost 36m and he's only had a few games.
Have we paid the add ons?

Sea-Cow

I know nothing about him apart from the video posted above, but he seems to have the body type of a CB and not a modern fullback.

Although the Japanese fella at Arsenal is similar and he is doing well at RB, so maybe its not that much of an issue.

Bondi77

Haven’t we got this Spanish kid on a four year deal in the U23s for the future LB and Laird as the future RB positions!

Red_toad

I know nothing about him apart from the video posted above, but he seems to have the body type of a CB and not a modern fullback.

Although the Japanese fella at Arsenal is similar and he is doing well at RB, so maybe its not that much of an issue.
How many centre backs are under 6ft in the football you watch?
Haven’t we got this Spanish kid on a four year deal in the U23s for the future LB and Laird as the future RB positions!
If quality becomes available at a good price you buy it.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

How many centre backs are under 6ft in the football you watch?

If quality becomes available at a good price you buy it.
Haha point taken. He still appears to be on the tall lanky side, as opposed to a "modern" fullback being slightly shorter in my opinion.

Mylock

Fernandez is not very good at defending, in my opinion. I don’t think he’s going to make it here
I'm not sure if I would agree with you on Fernandez. He has something. He's good on the ball; he could develop into a CM as he's readers the game well, very composed in possession. As for FB, I'm not sure at the moment as he plays more as a wing-back and can get caught up the pitch.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm not sure if I would agree with you on Fernandez. He has something. He's good on the ball; he could develop into a CM as he's readers the game well, very composed in possession. As for FB, I'm not sure at the moment as he plays more as a wing-back and can get caught up the pitch.
I should clarify, I don’t think his defensive game is good enough to be an old school fullback. He may perhaps end up like Alonso of Chelsea

BSSM

He is not ready for the EPL but going by the standard of our full backs

Bwuk

Decent enough tonight, nothing special.

Ive a few fans who support Aberdeen and they really rate him.

Demaw

I should clarify, I don’t think his defensive game is good enough to be an old school fullback. He may perhaps end up like Alonso of Chelsea
Totally agree, not a standard full back as gets caught by one on one speed but as mentioned further up as LWB or DM (possibly) could be the go.

Red_toad

I believe he's going to Leeds, for around 5 million. Will be interesting in how he develops, good club for him to make a breakthrough. They may well have a fantastic bargain.

Red_toad

Strong links to Liverpool for the lad now, no idea why he'd want to go there considering their options. Lad has had a very good season at Aberdeen, carries the ball so well. 2 footed, hope he goes to a club where he'll develop.

Red_toad

Joining the vermin 4.5 million. Looks like they got a very good deal for a very promising player.

Redo91

Strange move from his point a view. Unless Liverpool see TAA’s future in midfield he will be a squad player for the foreseeable. Must have been given some assurances.