Camavinga vs Saul vs Neves - Which midfielder do you think is the best option?

Wing Attack Plan R

Really don’t think Pogba in a midfield 2 is a good idea. Feel similarly about Fred being in the team at all. Promote Hannibal, bring Garner into the first team and work out a different system. I would gladly take Neves because he know there drill and needs no acclimatization period. He’s not Makalele but he’s better than what we have.

SirScholes

Really don’t think Pogba in a midfield 2 is a good idea. Feel similarly about Fred being in the team at all. Promote Hannibal, bring Garner into the first team and work out a different system. I would gladly take Neves because he know there drill and needs no acclimatization period. He’s not Makalele but he’s better than what we have.
Garner doesn’t look anywhere near the level of Fred so makes no sense to play him
Hannibal needs a look in soon

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Palhinha, Kessie or Bissouma. 3 better options than the 3 players in the title

zarrelito

Supports
Djurgårdens IF
Bissouma.. would be the best signing of the year.

Tallis

Never is the safest bet - already used to the premier league and will only get better with better players around him. Camavinga can be a top MF in the years to come. I prefer the latter. We will get the chance to sign Neves in the future and could possibly get others who are better.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This is the reason its just these three names in the thread title. If this report is true then I feel we will get a midfielder. Think we are just waiting for the final hours to see if Camavinga will change his mind I guess and if he doesn't then we'd go for Saul who Atletico don't mind offloading.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

This is the reason its just these three names in the thread title. If this report is true then I feel we will get a midfielder. Think we are just waiting for the final hours to see if Camavinga will change his mind I guess and if he doesn't then we'd go for Saul who Atletico don't mind offloading.
I'm on fecking tenterhooks, here. We need one of these players.

MrSingh2002

Saul has too many issues on and off the pitch. Really don't want us to make this type of risky signing.

Camavinga, Neves and Tchouameni are far better signings. Good players with room to grow.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm on fecking tenterhooks, here. We need one of these players.
I'm not really sold on them being what we need but Saul is very attainable and I'd be surprised if he's actually on our list and we end up with no midfielder after tomorrow. Reason because we could get him on a loan with obligation to buy so we don't need to sell to fund the transfer

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Saul has too many issues on and off the pitch. Really don't want us to make this type of risky signing.

Camavinga, Neves and Tchouameni are far better signings. Good players with room to grow.
What are Saul's issues on and off the pitch?

Bojan Djordjic

I would go with Camavinga as first option and then a big gap to Neves and I'd rather blood Hannibal than bring Saul in on big money as I don't see what qualities he has that would helps us improve.

Even with Camavinga, I'm not too sure he's the right profile for what we need now but I just think his upside is so great that if a better DM option comes up next year, he'd make a great partner for them as a Fred upgrade. Its quite galling because I'm seeing guys like Locatelli, Matar Sarr and Koopmeiners go for really low fees and Tchouameni being relatively attainable too and it seems we could have signed one of them along with Camavinga for relative pennies which would have improved the team and squad. But hey, I'm sure they wouldn't have increased the share price like Ronaldo's signing did.

zenith

Don't think we are getting any of these this year. It might be rice next year for around 65 million

jesperjaap

If it was someone to come straight in and improve on what we have, it would ne Neves....but dont think he improves thing dramatically and certainly isnt the ideal long term buy and Saul I dont think is short term or long term, good player but not what we need......I personally would pick several players over those two.....of the three, Camavinga all day long.....but the pessimist in me doesnt expect another signing at all now, maybe one or two out to fill us with false optimism

sport2793

Is Camavinga good defensively? I would rather keep Pogba in the pivot and replace Fred.

croadyman

Why don't we go for Saul on loan with obligation to buy then next summer when Pogba is likely to be leaving bring in a DM like Bissouma/Rice/Ndidi/Tchouameni to play alongside him

Andersonson

Camavinga wouldn't make us better this season. Seen enough of him to be pretty certain about that.

Can't question the talent, but as of today not good enough to strengthen us.

I think Neves is a good shout along with Bissouma. I can't say about Saul really, I rarely watch them play

manuchamp88

Neves or nothing then?

Adamsk7

It’s going to be nothing and whilst that’s disappointing, we can’t have everything. I would absolutely rather Ole gets his first choice target next summer, even if that means another year of McFred. I don’t think we’re winning the league anyway this year so a consolidation of top four and a cup win and I will take that and go all out for a Rice or Ndidi (or Camavinga free) next year.

we’ve come a long way now by not rushing in and panic buying players - it does look like (from a transfer perspective at least) there is a plan and I‘d rather that executed

croadyman

It’s going to be nothing and whilst that’s disappointing, we can’t have everything. I would absolutely rather Ole gets his first choice target next summer, even if that means another year of McFred. I don’t think we’re winning the league anyway this year so a consolidation of top four and a cup win and I will take that and go all out for a Rice or Ndidi (or Camavinga free) next year.

we’ve come a long way now by not rushing in and panic buying players - it does look like (from a transfer perspective at least) there is a plan and I‘d rather that executed
Yeah I will admit signing Ole's first choice targets has worked out pretty well so far and at least is a plan

Polar

Neves is a good all rounder, but I’m not sure about his defensive skills. He looks fine in a very compact Wolves defence, but does he lack physical drive and space-covering skills?

MrSingh2002

What are Saul's issues on and off the pitch?
His kidney exploded during a game... has had health issues since then.

Off the pitch he's spoken openly about not being mentally in the right place to play and that Atletico are better without him. There's a reason his agent came to England to shop him around to us and Chelsea. They had him not halfway into a 9 year contract.

Brightonian

Isn't that pretty much the most important asset for a box to box cm? I feel like a player literally can't be considered box to box without that. I also don't think Pogba stands out in any way defensively so he's definitely a more attacking midfielder imo.
I'd say the definitive quality is that they operate across the whole of the space between the boxes. Which Pogba does. He often drops deep to pick up the ball. He can also be found joining in the attack. Box to box.

Yes, work rate is normally requisite to be a great B2B midfielder. But Pogba has all the other qualities in such copious quantities that he just about survives his own lack of workrate. But it does create the problem I described; that the deep midfielder behind him can't be a low-energy schemer, otherwise the whole midfield lacks mobility.

Dazzmondo

Camavinga always made it pretty clear that Real was his dream move so if they have come in for him this season I assume that deal will be done. Looks unlikely that we will be going for any of the alternatives unfortunately. Guess we'll wait until next season to try to sign Rice. Wouldn't be my 1st choice tbh but he's a good dm (massively overpriced, would much prefer Ndidi if we're going for a player at that cost)