Camavinga vs Saul vs Neves - Which midfielder do you think is the best option?

Brightonian

What ever happened to Koopmeiners? He was an option who I'd never seen play a full 90 but was really keen on based on what a handful of caftards said. :wenger:

Sounded unusually like he might genuinely, actually be a DM, instead of another 'oh he's really more box to box' disappointment.

cj_sparky

What ever happened to Koopmeiners? He was an option who I'd never seen play a full 90 but was really keen on based on what a handful of caftards said. :wenger:

Sounded unusually like he might genuinely, actually be a DM, instead of another 'oh he's really more box to box' disappointment.
He'll play against us in the Champions League for Atalanta.

SuperiorXI

Glad he's gone to RM, we should only be going for players than 100% want United now. Also, could he have made an instant impact like we need?

Chairman Steve

I wonder if the club are thinking of putting a central midfielder on hold for a year and then try for Bellingham? I get the feeling Bellingham is the actual dream for Utd but Camavinga/Saul/Neves are cheaper alternatives, especially Camavinga who is very tempting due to his contract situation.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I wonder if the club are thinking of putting a central midfielder on hold for a year and then try for Bellingham? I get the feeling Bellingham is the actual dream for Utd but Camavinga/Saul/Neves are cheaper alternatives, especially Camavinga who is very tempting due to his contract situation.
Camavinga is going to Madrid

Gandalf

Notable that Shrager posted earlier definitively that Camavinga was not happening and that Saul was not happening. I like to think the fact he made no such post about Neves means a last minute deal will occur, maybe it is just my inner muppet but surely we can squeeze out one more wafer thin signing from this window.

Jaykespeare88

Anyone heard of/seen Florentino Luis? Absolute monster on Fm2020, youtube highlights show him to be a bit more technical than the stats in game suggest, I know he's young but any comparison to be made with Camavinga?

Dazzmondo

I don't think anything's happening this season tbh. I expect we will wait and try to sign Rice next season. Hopefully the midfield doesn't look as terrible as it did against Wolves for the rest of the season

croadyman

I don't think anything's happening this season tbh. I expect we will wait and try to sign Rice next season. Hopefully the midfield doesn't look as terrible as it did against Wolves for the rest of the season
Yeah that's my worry as well

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Anyone heard of/seen Florentino Luis? Absolute monster on Fm2020, youtube highlights show him to be a bit more technical than the stats in game suggest, I know he's young but any comparison to be made with Camavinga?
Loaned by Benfica yet again. Different player than Camavinga, less technical and more physical/defensively sound. Benfica hasn't handled his career very well and he hasn't progressed much in the past year or two despite the hype. He has time on his side though

croadyman

Not after his performance yesterday. He's slow, dives and is largely medicore at everything he does. We need a DM that is dynamic and will cover the backline, Neves is not that.
Do you think we should wait it out for the right option in this position then like we did with Varane & Sancho

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Do you think we should wait it out for the right option in this position then like we did with Varane & Sancho
Whatever happens happens. We clearly need to sell before we can buy. With Dan James leaving for 24, that helps out somewhat. Lingard really needs to go, but he's deluded and thinks he'll be able to play for us, so has sunk any hopes of getting a move to West Ham.

croadyman

Whatever happens happens. We clearly need to sell before we can buy. With Dan James leaving for 24, that helps out somewhat. Lingard really needs to go, but he's deluded and thinks he'll be able to play for us, so has sunk any hopes of getting a move to West Ham.
Maybe a DM will have an unexpectedly good season and catch our eye for next summer

ravi2

Think it might be time to change this to Saul v Neves
Camavinga just signed for Madrid, Saul will probably be a last minute loan to Chelsea which is probably for the best.
We need a CDM/holding midfielder not a box to box which Saul and camavinga are.

croadyman

Camavinga just signed for Madrid, Saul will probably be a last minute loan to Chelsea which is probably for the best.
We need a CDM/holding midfielder not a box to box which Saul and camavinga are.
Yeah you do get the impression there is a lack of DM options on the market from Utd's point of view

manuchamp88

It’s peculiar he didn’t shoot down the Tchouameni interest that he himself reported.
There's still tomorrow for him to do so :D I suppose he'll follow it up with a tweet about not getting Neves, and then at 11pm, how we're not getting any midfielder.

PoTMS

Our options are becoming more and more limited. Camavinga is going to Real, Saul to Chelsea. Can't we at least fecking loan someone in?

hobbers

Our options are becoming more and more limited. Camavinga is going to Real, Saul to Chelsea. Can't we at least fecking loan someone in?
Our best options were always Bissouma, Neves, and after those two, Tchouameni. But there's zero chance of us doing anything tomorrow so might as well close this for another year.

manuchamp88

We should offer them somebody in return. Jones probably. He's a proper Simeone player. El Cholo would *** himself silly when he sees Jones blocking the ball with his face and throwing himself into blocks.
I know you're half joking, but I can actually see that working.

Ranchero

Still over the moon we have Ronaldo back. But it is a massive mistake not signing a class central midfielder in the window. We are a top heavy side. Camavinga was ideal. Not so much Neves. How the hell can we be relying on Fred, McT and Matic. Seriously. We are soft in the middle.