Camcorder footage of final few mins of Nou Camp in 1999

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Amazing share! Weird to see footage like this from a pre-2000s match.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What are the odds of not filming the first 85 minutes, but having a feeling something was on the cards so deciding to film the last 5?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The undiluted joy that you can hear in those mad howls near the end :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What are the odds of not filming the first 85 minutes, but having a feeling something was on the cards so deciding to film the last 5?
You usually get pelters for whipping out your phone at a crucial set piece nowadays too. I’ve only filmed one penalty and it was missed, after we had already missed the first one one that match! Never again.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Being there, not to mention capturing it just behind Oli Kahn's goal... stuff of legends.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's great

As an aside - I was at a gig on the weekend and someone had a mini digital camera... it felt like a proper throwback.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Fantastic. 23 years? Feels like yesterday.

On a similar theme (not as good), I remember finding this video of a camera man on the pitch who just happened to be perfectly positioned for Oles goal celebration.

Good times..
And yet he pans away and misses it. Hope he lost his job.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
And yet he pans away and misses it. Hope he lost his job.
I’ll write to EUFA :)

Its possible he didn’t catch if the header went in without a touch so when Ole and Sheringham ran towards him, he wasn’t 100% on whose goal it was?

I remember Collina trying to get the Bayern players up and failing (2’ 35“)… good times.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The ecstacy!

Also how outnumbered were the bayern fans? Almost looks like an United home game by the sounds of it.
Fantastic. 23 years? Feels like yesterday.

On a similar theme (not as good), I remember finding this video of a camera man on the pitch who just happened to be perfectly positioned for Oles goal celebration.

Good times..
Collina trying to wake the bayern players up :lol:

Smithy89

What a club and what a moment :drool: would have loved to be there or in Moscow.

always_hoping

Hard to believe its 23 years ago tonight. A moment and feat that will be hard matched by another English team.

A happy birthday to Matt Busby and less said about what happened on this day last year the better..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve put 26 May 1999 in a box now. I know it’s a bit joyless, but I think it’s about time we stop reminiscing so much and get our shit together. Us walking around talking about 99 all the time is starting to become a little cringe now, and just underlines us as yesterday’s news.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ha my dad was mates with the guy who filmed this. He brought this vid around to show us when he got back. So weird to see it on here all of a sudden.

SER19

That video gives a bit more credit to Schmeichel, never realised he made a late sprint like that, definitely enough to make the Bayern defender not head away effectively

Red00012

TRA crying right now at the sight of a recording device I’d imagine

lex talionis

Amigo, amazing footage!!!

Good thing the first 85 minutes weren't filmed. We got the shit battered out of us. How we ended up winning that match will boggle minds for all eternity.

arthurka

This brings back such a flood of memories. Me and my mates took a chance and flew to Barcelona without a place to stay out ticket for that matter. That ended in the best night of our lives. Fantastic stuff that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It was something like that. Leaving 5 minutes early I think was the difference somehow in whether they'd have to stay an extra night in Barcelona.
Not another night in Barcelona!

Ryanair putting our flight back 24 hours due to a strike a few years ago was a lovely treat, as we got a nice room and meal at their expense with some more sightseeing.

RedDevilQuebecois

Just incredible to see that footage from when it was before digital devices and social media even came to exist.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
1:24 of exactly why we support United. Wonderful stuff.

p.s - I love the retro date in the bottom right corner. I swear my dads minicam was the most amazing thing when I was a kid. Size of a shoebox mind :lol:

Red Daz

Made my night that footage, I was 19 years old , amazing