Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minkaro

Looked good in a high-pressure situation. I'm impressed.

mu77

longest name ever in a united shirt and a good run out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
LVG threw him in the deep end, and he came up floating inside a rubber dingy.

He actually looked more composed than darmian! It's weird in the sense that he seems like the rash 18 year old who makes the wrong choices and silly fouls.

Maybe it was just the scenario of the game but I liked that a few times he bust his lungs to overlap Memphis quite a few times, but always seemed to be back in position again. Tough challenges await but in shaws absence he could be very handy.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Maybe it was just the scenario of the game but I liked that a few times he bust his lungs to overlap Memphis quite a few times, but always seemed to be back in position again. Tough challenges await but in shaws absence he could be very handy.
I loved those where he'd play it down the line and Memphis just did a little one touch lay off for CBJ to run onto. Just quick easy movement that creates loads of space and cuts through the opponents. We see it so little though, usually the fullback would just play it to Memphis/other winger and then just stand there so it was lovely to see him have the confidence to do that.

jb8521

Is he Tyler Blackett good or is he actually good?
Well he's already adapted and performed better than Blackett ever did in the u21s. He's the best left sided defensive prospect we have coming through but personally I'd rate Tuanzebe, Williams and Fosu Mensah as better prospects as centre backs

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Well he's already adapted and performed better than Blackett ever did in the u21s. He's the best left sided defensive prospect we have coming through but personally I'd rate Tuanzebe, Williams and Fosu Mensah as better prospects as centre backs
I missed most of the Liverpool game but he was our best CB against Norwich and S'land. All in all, he's taken to the u21s more smoothly than Tuanzebe has, but then he's a bit older. On the other hand, he hasn't had the luxury of focusing on one position.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he has been better than Tuanzebe for the u21s too, been impressed with him most games. I find Tuanzebe has a tendency to be dragged out of position, younger obviously and new to the level so no real big concern. That's why I think CBJ looks more prepared for first team football, both still got a long way to go still so either way it is exciting to have such talents. Add in Williams and TFM and we're a bit spoilt for choice.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Quicker than I thought. Haven't seen him since last year but I'm sure he's gained a yard. Excellent performance, impressive confidence.

jb8521

I missed most of the Liverpool game but he was our best CB against Norwich and S'land. All in all, he's taken to the u21s more smoothly than Tuanzebe has, but then he's a bit older. On the other hand, he hasn't had the luxury of focusing on one position.
CBJ was pulled out of position a fair bit in the Liverpool game and was covered by Riley and Goss on quite a few occasions. I'm probably being harsh but I thought he could have done better on both goals against Norwich as well, he wasn't the only one to blame by any means with Tuanzebe caught up the field for the 1st and a poor pass from Weir and Johnstone stuck to his line for the 2nd but on both occasions CBJ reacted a bit slowly to the situation and sauntered towards the goalscorer rather than sprinting to get his body between the attacker and the goal. This type of thing is the main reason I prefer the others as centre backs, Borthwick Jackson just doesn't attack the ball aggressively enough as a centre back for my liking but he has been improving on it this season

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
How did he look in the reserves?
He's a good young player as you would expect. I think we've quite a few good young defenders. He's comfortable on the ball and he attacks well. There will be mistakes down the line but you have to give LVG credit. This is the other side of the coin whereby if you are a kid coming through, there's never a better time. The injurys have helped with that but Cameron won't let anyone down. Reid is another good young full back,very strong - so it's a compliment to Cameron that's he's come in and done well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
CBJ was pulled out of position a fair bit in the Liverpool game and was covered by Riley and Goss on quite a few occasions. I'm probably being harsh but I thought he could have done better on both goals against Norwich as well, he wasn't the only one to blame by any means with Tuanzebe caught up the field for the 1st and a poor pass from Weir and Johnstone stuck to his line for the 2nd but on both occasions CBJ reacted a bit slowly to the situation and sauntered towards the goalscorer rather than sprinting to get his body between the attacker and the goal. This type of thing is the main reason I prefer the others as centre backs, Borthwick Jackson just doesn't attack the ball aggressively enough as a centre back for my liking but he has been improving on it this season
We're certainly seeing one of them Norwich goals quite differently. The first one was a ball in behind a malpositioned Tuanzebe which BJ reacted to rather quickly, thus preventing Lafferty from getting much of an angle. Not quite sure what more you'd expect from him there. The second one is harder to analyze as MUTV was down during it and the replay lacked a bit of situational context, but it's obviously mainly on Weir, even if BJ perhaps could've tried to tackle rather than force wide and block and Axel's positioning looks a bit suspect again. But, ultimately, they're both new to this level and little mistakes due to a higher tempo and better quality opponents are to be expected. I just feel Tuanzebe's made a few more of them than BJ has so far, though it's interesting to hear BJ needing his ass covered against Liverpool as usually he's the one covering others.

Sb_16

Its the position of his arms when he jogs I find weird.

Sid234

Wonder if he'll go with 3 at the back. McNair-Carrick-Blind with Varela/Lingard and Young as wingbacks.

MarkC

Like the look of this lad. Got that great thing kids have no fear in there play.

Hopefully some more runs forward in 2nd half.

Silverman

Its not fair putting a youngster into a team full of other youngsters. This is down to injuries.

Minimalist

Poor kid is having an absolute nightmare today :lol:.

Only just noticing people calling him shite - behave yourselves! He's a kid.

Robbie Boy

Nor playing well at all but he's only 18 and he's been completely thrown in at the deep end.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I thought he was our best defender. Not saying much given the other three were crap but still...

khoazany

Poor kid is having an absolute nightmare today :lol:.

Only just noticing people calling him shite - behave yourselves! He's a kid.
Nightmare?He gave the ball away 2 times and made couple of defensive errors but not really dangerous.Not exactly a good performance but far from a nightmare unless I forgot something.

Minimalist

Nightmare?He gave the ball away 2 times and made couple of defensive errors but not really costing.Not exactly a good performance but far from a nightmare unless I forgot something.
Oh feck off you idiot I was defending the guy in spite of it. He struggled big time in the second half defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.