Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

I'm not a big fan of Rojo or anything. I said earlier in this thread I'd rather have CBJ at left back.

The point I was making is that when a player falls out of favour with fans every mistake gets highlighted. For instance a poster in this thread pointed out that Deulofeu beat him a couple of times. As if that's proof of him being shit. I'd imagine Deulofeu could beat most fullbacks, including CBJ.

Terrible going forward but at left back he has been defensively ok during his time here. Reading this forum every defender at the club has been shit yet somehow we have the second best defensive record in the league. Something doesn't add up.
That's the funny thing, he doesn't actually make many big mistakes that you can point out, it's just his general terrible impersonation of a man united full back. I forget he's playing a lot of the time because he rarely provides attacking support and he also hides away in defensive situations. I've also never seen a full back pass the ball out of play as much as him.

As for the comments about the cafe calling all our defence shit, I can only speak for myself but Smalling , De Gea and Blind have been 3 of our 4 best players this season. That's not to say Blind has been great but he's been played out of his position all year by his terrible manager and done well.
Luckily for us Darmian and Rojo have missed large parts of the season through injury otherwise that defensive record would look a lot worse than it is.

Dobbs

That's the funny thing, he doesn't actually make many big mistakes that you can point out, it's just his general terrible impersonation of a man united full back. I forget he's playing a lot of the time because he rarely provides attacking support and he also hides away in defensive situations. I've also never seen a full back pass the ball out of play as much as him.

As for the comments about the cafe calling all our defence shit, I can only speak for myself but Smalling , De Gea and Blind have been 3 of our 4 best players this season. That's not to say Blind has been great but he's been played out of his position all year by his terrible manager and done well.
Luckily for us Darmian and Rojo have missed large parts of the season through injury otherwise that defensive record would look a lot worse than it is.
We only conceded 37 last season with Rojo playing more frequently. Not saying he's anything better than average but he's defensively at least not the disaster some like to suggest.

Devil may care

Hope he hasn't been frozen out of the 1st team picture
With him being young I imagine he's just been given a more thorough run out before being brought back in, although this being LvG who knows. Given how absolutely garbage Rojo has been lately he should be starting on Saturday.

jb8521

He's had a couple of issues with his health recently which is why they're taking they're time putting him back in

mav_9me

Not really my place to say on here but he seems to be over them now since he played for the England u19s a couple of weeks ago and has played the last 2 u21 games
That's good. He really should be playing ahead of Rojo on merit.

Loublaze

ATLien
What's happened to him? Thought he'd have been in the match day squad by now. Did he sign his new deal?
I believe he did in February. He's been featuring for the U21s. We could do with his beautifully whipped crosses in these final crucial games

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
"I believe in Youth..."

Yet, not one fecker is pulling him up over this. CBJ, while having a bit to learn, is already miles ahead of The Onion. Yet, he's dropped for him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea why he has gone out of the team after his injury. Twice the player Rojo is at both ends of the pitch.

ti vu

"I believe in Youth..."

Yet, not one fecker is pulling him up over this. CBJ, while having a bit to learn, is already miles ahead of The Onion. Yet, he's dropped for him
Not defending LVG here, but I think it's good idea for CBJ to stay off the first team for now. Suddenly we were back to top 4 race because City tried hard to give it to us. We have enough shit players to blame on. However, it would affect young players like CBJ badly if he makes one of these mistakes. I don't trust LVG's man-management. See what happened with McNair after a good debut honeymoon.

Not saying this is LVG intention, I doubt him being this thoughtful tbh. Just saying this may be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Not defending LVG here, but I think it's good idea for CBJ to stay off the first team for now. Suddenly we were back to top 4 race because City tried hard to give it to us. We have enough shit players to blame on. However, it would affect young players like CBJ badly if he makes one of these mistakes. I don't trust LVG's man-management. See what happened with McNair after a good debut honeymoon.

Not saying this is LVG intention, I doubt him being this thoughtful tbh. Just saying this may be a blessing in disguise.
This is the thing though, CBJ is better than Rojo. Miles better!! And even if he did feck up, the fans would be more forgiving and understanding....

Also, what race for the top 4? There is no race mate unfortunately

ti vu

This is the thing though, CBJ is better than Rojo. Miles better!! And even if he did feck up, the fans would be more forgiving and understanding....

Also, what race for the top 4? There is no race mate unfortunately
I see what you did there. I agree there was no race in fan's eyes. Only in our manager's mind.

However, the buffoon acting as our manager would not be forgiving. He has his own favorite. He nearly made Smalling as our sub if not for Jones injury (not fond of our player being injured, but that's a blessing in disguise too). He destroyed Rashford in Totenham game at half time by the rumor for whatever reason, and into 2nd half subbed Young in as central forward! If not for Carrick (?) intervened and Rashford being mentally strong, he would go into the Januzaj's path. By the outsider's view, the problem lies mainly with the manager's tactic and management, but he himself doesn't see it. Therefore, it's better for some of them to stay away. Not everyone is mentally strong enough for this kind of old school management. And defender is more prone to error. Let's him work to overcome his weakness in lower level than getting thrown in and being exposed => that would kill his game time at senior level altogether. Because when a defender's weakness being pointed out, every team would try to exploit that. You can't shift a defender around too much, so by that time he would solely relied on U21 football or go on loan and hope the coach there is brave enough to play him and help him overcome the weakness. Someone with natural gifted physical and defensive quality like Shaw had a bad first season under LVG, so let's not rush our youngster being thrown into hot water here.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This guy needs to play. That volleyed cross for the U21s the other night, yiiiiss.

Donut

It's possible he's been frozen out due to not signing the contract? He knows he won't be a starter for us, and he'll have a bunch of clubs going for him in the summer with a nice signing fee.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How he doesn't play instead of Rojo I don't know

Devil may care

hasn't featured in PL since 2-1 loss vs sunderland back in Feb.
I honestly can't recall where we went wrong in that game, just an awful all round performance. I wonder why he's not been brought back into the squad, especially given how bad Rojo has been.

3KDré

I'd be interested to see if he can play CB. He's not going to be starting left back any time soon.

3KDré

He has probably not been brought back because Rojo is a first team player, and he is not injured. Van Gaal only uses the youth when the first team players are injured unless they've done as well as Rashford has done. I'd argue CBJ has been more consistent than Rashford tbh, bizarre mind LVG has.

LouisDanGaal

Well done to him, my favourite left back in the squad after shaw although not entirely convinced he is the under 21's best player, but he is one of the best players from that team in terms of performance with the first team. He's been thrown under the bus like a lot of our young players do after not putting a foot wrong, I can literally only imagine Rojo is picked because LVG thinks Rojo is great in the air as he always has him marking the oppositions best headers, we've lost two goals from the last 3 or 4 games because of this.

Shimo

We climbed back into the race for the top 4 trophy because of the contributions of young players like Cameron. To see him benched for Rojo is disappointing.
Depressing, annoying, frustrating .... with the way the season has gone people have tried to find something good about LVG management and that has been the use of youth. CBJ was very good, way better than any other left back that replaced Shaw and should have slotted right back in when fit but, Rojo starting ahead of him only gives credence to what many have said - LVG only played so much youth because he lacked any other options.

Based on how poor Rojo was the last 2 games, hopefully CBJ will get his earned place back for the rest of the season.

Trizy

His award at the very beginning. Warren Joyce's part is very interesting.

''He was always doing extra pieces of training'' then the camera pans to Januzaj in the middle of saying that and he looks completely shocked that someone would work hard :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
''He was always doing extra pieces of training'' then the camera pans to Januzaj in the middle of saying that and he looks completely shocked that someone would work hard :lol:
The whole event was so embarrassing...
  • Van Gaal addressing De Gea to Madrid and awkward marriage questions of Edurne.
  • Van Gaal's speech in general (also claiming we showed fighting spirit by drawing 1-1 against Liverpool at Old Trafford) and his weird rhetorical questions to the host.
  • Rooney admitting he voted for Blind then handing Smalling the award.
  • How David didn't win the players award, so obvious it was planned.
  • Drunk fan shouting throughout "Louis Van Gaal's army" and that he believes in him.

Can't even imagine how bad it would have been if we weren't in an FA Cup final as everyone was just clinging onto that in every speech made.

Status
Not open for further replies.