Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yeah I understand that. It was neither cheeky nor intelligent though.
It was merely a sideways glance at the ridiculous ease of gaining a full England cap these days - contrast with Steve Bruce - both cheeky and clever IMO

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It was merely a sideways glance at the ridiculous ease of gaining a full England cap these days - contrast with Steve Bruce - both cheeky and clever IMO
If that really passes for cleverness in your book, surely you're not in a position to criticize low bars of any kind?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
what ever happened to this guy?

had high hopes for him back in 2015 !

NYAS

Him and Demi Mitchell stand out like a sore thumb in our squad, sadly. Hope a good club can come in and give them a chance to start anew.

Nick7

Him and Demi Mitchell stand out like a sore thumb in our squad, sadly. Hope a good club can come in and give them a chance to start anew.
I thought Mitchell would be back up to Scotland. CBJ too. Joel Pereira was the last youngster I expected to go to Hearts.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I thought Mitchell would be back up to Scotland. CBJ too. Joel Pereira was the last youngster I expected to go to Hearts.
Is Mitchell still injured? I always liked him as a left back, would love to see him get back and put in some great performances, but sadly I think his boat has sailed. Williams seems to be the next great thing on the horizon. With CBJ, I never thought he had what it takes to nail down a first team spot, although he had a tremendous ability to whip crosses into the box, but his defensive side was poor. Looks like they could be on their way next summer.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Is Mitchell still injured? I always liked him as a left back, would love to see him get back and put in some great performances, but sadly I think his boat has sailed. Williams seems to be the next great thing on the horizon. With CBJ, I never thought he had what it takes to nail down a first team spot, although he had a tremendous ability to whip crosses into the box, but his defensive side was poor. Looks like they could be on their way next summer.
How have you come to the conclusion CBJ is poor defensively but then you like Demi who can't defend to save his life. CBJ played CB growing up and is about 10x better defensively than Demi. You'll be hard pressed to find a fullback worse defensively than Demi.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
How have you come to the conclusion CBJ is poor defensively but then you like Demi who can't defend to save his life. CBJ played CB growing up and is about 10x better defensively than Demi. You'll be hard pressed to find a fullback worse defensively than Demi.
Because that is my opinion, and I stick by it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I thought he looked quite composed and liked his crossing and passing in his few appearances here.

Robbie Boy

Pretty obvious he’s done here given that plenty actually thought he was gone. No one wanted to pay so we loaned him.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Release him from his contract.
So give him a payout of the remainder of his contract instead of getting someone to pay part of his salary for a year and pay a loan fee.... sure

Alabaster Codify7

Forgot he even existed. Another shite academy product, like 90% of our academy products since the class of 92. Yet some fans still live in this alternate dimension where United is all about fantastic youth products that win us trophies. Bizarre.

What I remember about CBJ:

1)A very unusual running style
2) An absolutely fantastic left-footed cross down the flank.
3) An absolute lack of anything else that makes a good defender/footballer.

Dungarvanred

CBJ is a strange one. He looked a decent prospect, has that amazing ability to cross and was trained up as a central defender so it appeared he had lots of the tools to give it a decent go. He played well when he broke through under LVG and then once LVG was sacked a series of disastrous loan moves have halted his progress. I always thought the swiftness with which Jose loaned him out was strange as Shaw was coming back from injury and CBJ appeared to be decent cover based on the previous season. Who knows what might have happened had LVG stayed on with this lad.