Can Conte win a title for Spurs?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just hope they make the top 4 (along with us of course). I think it would be just as huge a boost to our rebuilding to keep Chelsea and Liverpool out of the top 4 as it is to qualify ourselves.

For all the largely unsubstantiated talk for years about how every player wants to go to City - there really has been little to no evidence of it at all. Yet every year, it’s declared early that player x would never join United if City/Pep want them too and I think this has only really just been evidenced the other day with Haaland. Chelsea, on the other hand, are a real irritant in the market and always seem to be direct competition to us. With Liverpool this murmuring about Mbappé needs to be put to bed sooner rather than later for my liking too - so both clubs missing out on CL football to us would help us next season too.

BorisManUtd

Going out of Carabao Cup is a big blow in terms of Spurs' chances for a trophy. Fa Cup is their best chance now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
13 points behind league leaders, can they do it?

Seriously though, they are such a poor team to watch.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The number 1 RWB for Spurs is Doherty. Royal will probably be sold if another RWB is signed. Royal is a good player but he is a lot better at RB than RWB.

For LWB, Perisic is number 1 and Sessegnon is number 2. We are probably looking to sell Reguilon. Like Royal, he is better at LB than LWB.

Dier is the most important CB for our back 3. He is much better suited in a back 3 than back 4. And he is the only CB that can make midfield-like passes with both feet.

Pau Torres does not fit the system unless he wants to compete with Dier for the central CB spot. Conte likes wide-CBs that can push up into attack. Davies was often found last season overlapping the LWB and popping into the box.

"Hugo Howler" saves us at least 10 points every season.
As predicted. Hugo Howler costing Spurs constantly.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Hasn't won a CL knockout game since 2013, that's quite a run considering the teams he managed :eek: