Can Conte win a title for Spurs?

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That is a strange question - it's pretty obvious that every signing made so far this window has strengthened the squad quite significantly.
What's funny is the exact same things were being said about Bentancur and Kulusevski.

James35

So they have signed Perisic, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lenglet …anyone else?

They probably won’t win league but I guarantee they finish above United.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
So they have signed Perisic, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lenglet …anyone else?

They probably won’t win league but I guarantee they finish above United.
You forgot the big one ... Fraser Forster! :drool:

Despite the five signings we've not actually spent all that much yet. Bissouma is offset by the sale of Bergwijn so really it's just the £50m(initial) on Richarlison so far, with the others being frees/loans. I'd expect at least two more in from here, possibly three.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Conte is a really good manager and it looks like he’s getting what he wants in transfers. In fact the big five looks to be competitive as ever if Arsenal keep up that is otherwise another team might step in but none of the rest are any good. But I do think that Conte might be in the mix to challenge as well as Chelsea so either way I believe we are in for a very good season for the top teams.

James35

You forgot the big one ... Fraser Forster! :drool:

Despite the five signings we've not actually spent all that much yet. Bissouma is offset by the sale of Bergwijn so really it's just the £50m(initial) on Richarlison so far, with the others being frees/loans. I'd expect at least two more in from here, possibly three.
How could I forget that big lump! Yeah Spurs fans must be happy, Conte is a top coach and the squad being assembled is very impressive.

I think you guys will be battling Arsenal and Chelsea for third. City will win the league I’m more than certain, Liverpool will give them a challenge again but I think it won’t be as close this time.

As for my team as it stands I’d be happy with 6th.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If Spurs sign a really good centre back they are in a very good position throughout their entire squad.

Needham

I like Conte and I like Spurs. Sorry, I mean I hate Conte and I hate Spurs. But you have to say that if Man City and Liverpool were shit, they'd have a very very good chance of finishing third.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
His only chance, also our only chance, is to replicate what Fergie did in one of his last seasons. We got something like 58/60 points against bottom 10 teams. Which i know is hard but doable. Add 30 points from games against top 10 teams and thats title form.

Hughie77

No . No . No . No. And again No. We got a better chance than them .. he throw his dummy out again when they lose to the likes of Forest etc.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
No. No matter what comes out of the ex spurs players on Talkshite. He's bought what that makes them anybetter ???
Think what you like on Richarlison and Bissouma, personally I think Bissouma is a great signing, not so much the Richarlison one, certainly not for 60mil. But the bottom line is has the Spurs squad improved? And the clear answer to that is yes, Bissouma is a massive upgrade on Winks and Richarlison is an upgrade on Bergwyn.

I dont know anything about Lenglet, guess he is competition for Davies, and Spence is one for the future, much like his offsider on the other side Sessegnon.

I do understand where you are coming from, they have not signed that 'marquee' player to take them to the next level, but I dont think they really need to. Spurs just needed to upgrade the players around Son and Kane, and that is what they are doing.

They still need to move a lot of players on so I expect outgoings, Winks should have been sold a few seasons ago, Ndombele is just Taraabt v2.0, not sure if Reguilon or Doherty/Royal have a future at Spurs.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Contrary to popular belief but we haven't actually signed Spence yet, it's dragging on in a similar way to the De Jong transfer.

Hughie77

Don't be daft
Your the daft one if you think spurs are going to do anything at all with those signings . Good luck Conte be crying buy January for more money to spend , then probably leave when he gets a better offer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Your the daft one if you think spurs are going to do anything at all with those signings . Good luck Conte be crying buy January for more money to spend , then probably leave when he gets a better offer.
Ok mate.

Hughie77

Conte the reluctant Spurs manager turned them down, couldn't get a job at another club, then takes it at the 2nd attempt. Now he's the dogs bollocks for getting easy signings in. PSG be the next ones after him who knows may even go before season starts.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Surprised that there are posters who think spurs are odds on to finish top two.

The more realistic question is whether they will finish ahead of Chelsea and the top four pretenders.

I think they will, but finishing ahead of Chelsea is not a foregone conclusion.

Needham

If they find a way to improve their link play from defence through midfield to son Kane etc radically. Spurs have a shout. But city and Liverpool BOTH must have a mortal season. Can't see that

Bosws87

Spurs are being madly overrated in here, i'd expect them to be fighting with us for or just above us in 4th, i should be used to it now that every team is amazing and united are dreadful on here.

Needham

Spurs are being madly overrated in here, i'd expect them to be fighting with us for or just above us in 4th, i should be used to it now that every team is amazing and united are dreadful on here.
Agreed. Their fan base is as deluded as Coventry's circa 91

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs should be fighting it out with Chelsea for 3rd/4th.I still think Arsenal, United a little behind them. Mostly because of that attack Spurs have, Son and Kane are world class.

Bosws87

Spurs should be fighting it out with Chelsea for 3rd/4th.I still think Arsenal, United a little behind them. Mostly because of that attack Spurs have, Son and Kane are world class.
Equally there midfield is workman like with zero creativity, Uniteds presuming the deals in place go through is considerably better i think it's very close.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Equally there midfield is workman like with zero creativity, Uniteds presuming the deals in place go through is considerably better i think it's very close.
Will definitely be a problem for them against those teams that are happy to cede possession and just sit compact defensively and play out 0-0 draws. Hope to maybe steal a goal on the counter, I think Conte needs a 'plan B' against those kinds of teams and a creative midfielder would be it.

But for teams that want to get on the front foot it will be a hard slog in that midfield against what Conte will be putting out, they have four midfielders all very physical in the challenge and workman like in Bissouma, Bentancur, Hoijbjerg, Skip.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Still think Spurs are a Son/Kane injury away from obscurity. Those 2 are absolutely world class...but that's really it. And very few non-Klopp teams are able to field their best two attackers for 37 league matches a season.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Seen there was a bit of bother with the yid army today on the paisley road, seemingly Aberdeen were there too, heard there affiliated to Tottenham for some reason,

Grown men thinking they are in the football factory or the GSE, pathetic.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I went to the game today. Was a good contest for a while, wasn't too much in it, Spurs created the better chances and wasted a few until Kane decided to show up for 10 mins after half time.

Of course it's only pre season, but can't say I watched them and thought they would defo be challenging the City's & Liverpool's.

Teja

So I didn't find a thread for either Conte or Spurs but I'm watching the Conte v Mourinho friendly and I'm so glad we have EtH instead of this guy.

Both are dinosaurs.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
This is Spurs' best squad in many decades and the best time yo bag some silverware. With Kane and Son approaching the wrong side of thirty time is fast running out. Once their star duo start to decline it will be another rebuilding job again. But this summer they bought well and on paper they have a strong squad, though their preparations were not really thorough.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just always felt that no matter how old he maybe that Conte wins the 2nd season at nearly every big club he has been to.

Sure because it’s spurs that it’s unlikely but still because it’s Conte it’s not.

He has arguably the most an experienced striker in the league and son is deadly with not such a sudden shift in tactics that has happened at so many clubs. Richarliaon and kulusevski are 15 a season players as well.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Conte is a manager who wins big trophies, and they now have a forward line of Kane, Son, Rich and Kulu…
I wonder if Conte will turn to a 4-2-3-1 formation to fit all of them in.
-----------Rich
Son --- Kane --- Kulu

Paul_Scholes18

I think this is a good season to win it. City looks a bit weaker and have put all faith in Haaland. If Haaland fails then someone else may win it.

I guess the only concern for Spurs is they aren't the best at opening up defensive teams.

F-A-C-T-S

The right questions are, Can Spurs get 28 wins? Can they get 93 points +. Because that's what it will take to win the league.

flappyjay

I think this is a good season to win it. City looks a bit weaker and have put all faith in Haaland. If Haaland fails then someone else may win it.

I guess the only concern for Spurs is they aren't the best at opening up defensive teams.
I wouldn’t read too much into the community shield, City have been slow starters recently and then go on a 10 game winning streak.

Paul_Scholes18

I wouldn’t read too much into the community shield, City have been slow starters recently and then go on a 10 game winning streak.
More to do they have lost lots of good players.

The City squad lack depth compared to the other top sides. .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wonder if Conte will turn to a 4-2-3-1 formation to fit all of them in.
-----------Rich
Son --- Kane --- Kulu
Why do we need to fit them all in? We have a deep squad now which was always our weakness before. They will all get plenty of minutes.